Maths and Beer = fun

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

stepheybaby
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Maths and Beer = fun

Post by stepheybaby »

ohh how it all fits finally together!!

Generic Jug
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Generic Jug »

I don't think there's enough beer in all the cosmos to make math fun.
I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere...and your well still tastes like shoes. I'll take another.

stepheybaby
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by stepheybaby »

nooooo. I won't ney I can't have it! The beautiful ideas of Liner algebra all coming together to make the wotld a better place. What about surface integrals and the fine and precise way of solving coupled linear differentail equations?

Generic Jug

Post by Generic Jug »

The only things math is good for are calculating the correct measurements while mixing drinks and figuring out if you have enough money to buy more booze.
I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere...and your well still tastes like shoes. I'll take another.

stepheybaby
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by stepheybaby »

What, what about the construction of the pub itself? The production and machinary required to make the beer and package it. Not to mention perfect the fermenting process! Even the pumps themselves have a mathematical model associated to them!

Generic Jug

Post by Generic Jug »

I stand corrected. Touche!

However, I maintain that it is useless for anything not related, directly or indirectly, to drinking.

Then again, what isn't directly or indirectly related to drinking?

TARTANSPECIAL

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

The formula is simple. Beer+spirits=drunken happiness :roll:
beer, wine,voddie it don't get any better.

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

math + me = inconclusive

doesnt work for me. So i leave it up to the pros and only use it to calculate what is more cost efficient the 750 or the handle bottle of burbon
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard

Circling over Shannon
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Sorry to inform you that party headquaters has closed its doors in Philly and has moved to Baltimore

Post by Circling over Shannon »

Generic Jug wrote:I don't think there's enough beer in all the cosmos to make math fun.
I agree. Besides estimating is much more fun. Hmm now lets see 20 shots of whiskey divided by 20 shots of tequila, that equals...one crazy hour :twisted:

IntoxiChrist

Post by IntoxiChrist »

Generic Jug wrote:I don't think there's enough beer in all the cosmos to make math fun.
You're a goddamned liar and a Philistine, woman! I know your secrets. I know you envy my variables, my reciprocals, my coefficients. I know how you revel in my applications of statistical probability and quantum mechanics. Don't try to lie! You're a geek's girl and we both know it!

Generic Jug

Post by Generic Jug »

Well sure, when you talk about math it's all sexy. But for some reason, auto-mathematical stimulation has just never done it for me. I may be a geek's girl, but I ain't no geek!

...I fall more into dork range. Now then, where's my copy of Dragonslayer?

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Maths isnae fun.
When you've been awake 60 hours and you have to mentally work out how much dopamine to give a paranoid schizophenic, that stopped taking medication, based on an estimate of his body weight, and your whole body just aches for a pint...
Try maths then.
In fact, why don't you volunteer at your local hospital?
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

IntoxiChrist

Post by IntoxiChrist »

The only things I'm qualified to volunteer for at a hospital are human experiments and raiding the drug storerooms.

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

hey you math loving SOB wanna do my calculus homework for me? im just a drunk college student that hasnt taken calculus in like a year and a half and i have no friken clue what the hells im doing. lemme know cuz i understand math as long as they dont have me trying to find the answers to math questiond that dont have any numbers in em
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard

IntoxiChrist

Post by IntoxiChrist »

Which math-loving SOB would that be?