...and on the seventh day, she abstained

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

...and on the seventh day, she abstained

Post by LuckyStrikes »

I didn't drink on Sunday. Unless you count Saturday night, which lasted until 3 a.m. I had a plane to catch at 7 in the morning, so I didn't want to push it. I hate airports. I don't mind the flying part. Its the part before they take off that bugs the hell out of me. The lines, the searching, the anxiety of worrying about whether that guy you met from Amsterdam slipped something other than his number in your pocket. My friend who owns a PR company gave me 9 bottles of Belvedere to take back, and a zillion mini bottles of assorted liquors. I had to buy a cheap suitcase to bring them back in. We bubble wrapped them. None of them committed suicide and are at present, sleeping on my dining room table. When the airport secuity checked my bags, I got the raised eyebrow with the suitcase. But the kicker was when they put my purse through the x-ray machine. All those mini bottles of booze!! The guy behind me said, "good thing she's not flying the plane"
Anyway, I didn't drink yesterday because my elbow was tired. But I am up early today, and plan on working the kinks out. I just wanna wish everyone a happy, drunk and safe labor day. And have a drink for the unions. Without them, we wouldn't have this day off and we'd all be working 60 or more hour work weeks. And we all know what that means, less time for drinking. Cheers!
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

StoliGirl
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by StoliGirl »

it took me a minute to get the none of them committed suicide part. that is funny!! they all made it back unbroken.

i hate flying too. i just got home last night. when the cabdriver asked me for my address, i couldn't remember it. i had to look on my drivers license. i have lived here for 10 years. i haven't ben home much the past few years. i am drinkiing up a storm. i have to leave again friday.