NY Times Covers Drunks in Prague

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

God of Chunder
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

NY Times Covers Drunks in Prague

Post by God of Chunder »

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

hey ya gotta login and i aint got that kind of time.
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

God of Chunder
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by God of Chunder »

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

I've been reading about Prague being cheap, and a drunks heaven. Bet that won't last long.

The article is worth the read, here are a couple of paragraphs
Also, they are big business. For instance, he said, a party of 23 men drank 180 vodkas and 60 cans of Red Bull one Friday. "I know that sounds totally insane, but they came back and did the same thing on Saturday and the same thing on Sunday," he said.
Tour groups encourage the business by portraying Prague as a center for cheap beer and loose women, and by organizing pub crawls whose participants set out to drink in as many places as possible before stumbling (if they can still stumble) on to the return flight home.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

Jimmy&Guinney
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

I guess that means we have to get there before it's just another tourist trap. When I was in Europe, all the hostelers and backpackers said that you have to go to Prague, like it was a backpacker's or drunkards or artist's Mecca. I'm going to East Europe this January, I hope it lasts that long.
And they say her flower is faded now
Hard weather and hard booze
But maybe that's just the price you pay
For the chains you refuse

IntoxiChrist

Post by IntoxiChrist »

Well, I guess that settles the location of my upcoming bellow for a Drunkard gathering.

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Jimmy&Guinney wrote:I guess that means we have to get there before it's just another tourist trap. When I was in Europe, all the hostelers and backpackers said that you have to go to Prague, like it was a backpacker's or drunkards or artist's Mecca. I'm going to East Europe this January, I hope it lasts that long.
Hmmm. I have been, intermittently, an artist and a backpacker and a drunk, and I still don't think Mecca is anywhere on my personal itinerary. I don;t evencare if they have monkeys. So does the Triple rock. At least the TR has that Billie Dee not my lover 40oz guy.

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!