Good booze and tunes

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Jimmy&Guinney
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Good booze and tunes

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

Blacked out on Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Powers on Saturday night. You might regret spending more money on the good stuff, but you'll be happy you did the next morning. High buck hangovers are WAY more forgiving. My only regret is my band mate and I did our Dropkick Murphy inspired rock version of Fields of Athenry. I was just too drunk to sing it like that. It elicited polite applause. Speaking of which, has anyone heard Blackout, the new CD by the Dropkicks? It's awesome. Their version of Fields of Athenry just makes me want to invade England. I think they are kind of poppy, which is normally a dig on a band, but not in their case. What they do is very good and right now I'm wearing out their CD listening to it. Every song on the CD is a hit as far as I'm concerned.
And they say her flower is faded now
Hard weather and hard booze
But maybe that's just the price you pay
For the chains you refuse

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

That good, huh? I'll have to give it a listen. I went to New Orleans for The Gang's All Here release show/oi fest w. Terminus City, the Ducky Boys, and Oxymoron.
Dropkicks and Oxymoron were two of my only love at first listens of the mid90s. Maybe Bonecrusher too, but I remembered them from earlier in the Bay Area. One of them gave me a Bonecrusher sticker to put on my cast.

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!

Jimmy&Guinney

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

I love your avatar. That magazine was actually my first introduction to MDM. I thought it was sheer brilliance, and I've been an MDM head ever since. I love the artwork, the articles, the whole schtick. I'm having trouble finding it in Milwaukee though, and I know it's here somewhere.

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Thanks, I had to swipe it. The namesake you know.

Last edited by Chelsea40oz on Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmy&Guinney

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

Is this picture you? I am completly mesmerized by it. The tats. The come fuck me hard look, but while you do, I'm going to put these four knuckles in your face. This girl is serious. And she's thirsty. And she's going to get her malt liquer one way or the other. Be nice to her.

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Oh Christ J&G that was a picture I took last Wednesday while getting loaded with my virtual drinking buddies. Two bike rides in the heat, a long day of work, a shower procrastinated until "after just one more"... :oops:
Booze, and little else, on my mind!

Jimmy&Guinney

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

You have your interpetations of art, and I have mine...

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Well in that case, you weren't fuckin around when you said you liked 'em old! :P

Jimmy&Guinney

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

Wow, you age pretty fast. And not too well I must say. But I would still be nice to you and buy you a drink. Since your a malt liker connoisseur
I could buy you a lot of drinks.

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

You know, this isn't really a 40 ounce drinking town. I dunno why, they'd keep nice and cold.
Oh yeah, now I remember, people can get jobs here. That's why.
But yes it's an old nickname, 40-o.

IntoxiChrist

Post by IntoxiChrist »

"Oi fest".

Chelsea, mary me. i'll be in New oleans tromorrow.

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Intoxichrist, but I left New Orleans 10 years ago! :lol:
I already have one albatross around my neck too many, plus a boyfriend that's more than enough to handle. And I mean that in a good way. :D

SandBar
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by SandBar »

I discovered a couple of cools web things this past month. The MDM site and how to download music. I'm embarrassed it's taken so long to stumble on either... but in celebration I took Jimmy's music advise and downloaded Blackout. Good song overall although it starts with sirens and they startled me undrunk. I can't complain however, the lyrics shout "pull down the shades and turn out the lights"... and at times those are words of wisdom. By the way, this is my first post. Looking forward to many more.
Women and drink. Too much of either can drive you to the other.

Generic Jug

Post by Generic Jug »

Chelsea40ozBondage! wrote:Intoxichrist, but I left New Orleans 10 years ago! :lol:
I already have one albatross around my neck too many, plus a boyfriend that's more than enough to handle. And I mean that in a good way. :D
*grumble grumble* Apparently I've got a fairly large albatross, myself. Quick, Chelsea, take him before I kill him in a fit of hot-tempered female jealousy!
I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere...and your well still tastes like shoes. I'll take another.