What is the weekend?

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Shot Time
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

What is the weekend?

Post by Shot Time »

As I live in the city, I always hear the hoots and hollerings of "drunk" people cheering themselves home from the bar, awash with their feelings of pride at having gone out for one night and gotten smashed. But what is the weekend? Besides two days of rest for the workday 9-5ers, it is essentially an arbitrary segmentation of time--time that doesn't exist, but only seems that it does by virtue of our human tendency to organize changes into meaningful progressions.

Where am I going with this?

I no longer care for the weekend drinking activities; I feel out of place with all of the people who are too weak to work 9-5 during the week, and be drunkards. It's almost as if the drunker they act, the less they know about what it really means to drink--it's not for the purpose of getting drunk and doing something stupid--it's to let the divisions that exist between you and other people and within yourself to melt away; it's about, to paraphrase FKR, letting the monkey out of its cage to see what he's all about. And that's why I drink--not to just have fun, which it most certainly can be, but to stumble down the littered street of myself, and holler my own, private chants.[/i]
Use to be cool