Drinking Goals?

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

good goals, good goals.
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

Nil
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Nil »

I have been conducting drunkard archaeology recently, and I have discovered this thread.This is important.

Consume one litre of strong drink in one session (37.5 - 40+ABV, 6 hours). On the two times I have seriously attempted this, I have passed out after 800ml in 3-4 hours.
Warren Ellis wrote:Only perverts put ice in single malt Scotch.

Leftboston
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Location: Queen Creek, before there was mexicans We had German POWs working farms

Post by Leftboston »

My drinking goals from my 20's have evolved into survival skills in my 40's.

Nice find Nil

danger awesome
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by danger awesome »

I've yet to do the fifth/litre of liquor properly (have drunk an equivalent amount a couple times, but not all of one spirit/drink)

Oh, and there are other goals, i just can't put them into words so well. They're more like pictures in my head i want one day to be taken of me/friends

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

I always used to want to get drunk on absinthe at the site of Theo and Vincent van Gogh's graves and have a chat with them. I think I probably still do.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

where's the other goals thread started by Oggar? mine were in there. I wonder if ive accomplished anything.

Mrs Glenfiddich
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Mrs Glenfiddich »

dan_uk wrote:I've yet to do the fifth/litre of liquor properly (have drunk an equivalent amount a couple times, but not all of one spirit/drink)
Yeah same, a couple of months ago I was drinking some blue label Smirnoff 43% and about halfway through the bottle decided I wanted to drink the whole thing, I quickly got to about 7/8th through it, too quickly in fact and it came up to greet me again. You wouldn't really think that going from red label 37% to the 43% blue label would make that much difference, it does. I reckon I could take a bottle of the red one.
"Alcohol is a lifestyle. Alcohol is my lifestyle..." - Homer J. Simpson

"I drank myself a second arsehole." - Judith Lucy

daphne
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: Washington. Home of JZ Knight and other nuts, which is why we drink here.

Post by daphne »

To someday accompany GinSoakedGirl to a soccer game after we've gotten sloshed at her favorite pub.

I want to see a real soccer game and understand the hype, because GinSoakedGirl will deliver the hype. I know she will.

Then, my goal is to find a nice private place to upchuck. Repeat!!!!!!!!
RIP Frederick and my beloved GatorX
You deserve all the puffery you can get
daph and grip say "bourbony goodness!"
http://daphneszoo.com/

Nil
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Nil »

I feel slightly cheated. I drank a fifth of vodka last night, more or less by accident, and I have only the slightest hints of a hangover today. On to the litre, I guess.

My next real goal is to learn to like the taste of beer enough to get drunk off it.

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

daphne wrote:To someday accompany GinSoakedGirl to a soccer game after we've gotten sloshed at her favorite pub.

I want to see a real soccer game and understand the hype, because GinSoakedGirl will deliver the hype. I know she will.

Then, my goal is to find a nice private place to upchuck. Repeat!!!!!!!!
Fuck. Yes. I'll make a convert of you yet sister.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Nil
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Nil »

Alright, fuckers. I'm getting through my goals, even the ones I didn't know about till I achieved them. I just passed out for a couple of hours, got up and kept on drinking. I feel like an unstoppable boozing machine.

Yes I realise this is a common occurence for some of you, but to do it for the first time feels really goddamn good.

Grace O'Malley
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Grace O'Malley »

Well...I don't know if this is a goal, but I can say I got glaringly drunk last night, DD'ed my sister to wish her a Happy Birthday, right at the stroke of midnight...good call, we were on for about an hour. THEN, after sleeping until noon, I'm drinking again, starting around 3. I don't think I've ever done that. More drink will be consumed tonight.
Mayhem is everywhere.

RIPT

Post by RIPT »

I'm not sure you want to hear my perspective on"goals". They ask for my "Goals" at work all the time and I have to really try hard to not fly into a rage.

Goal? To drink what I want, when I want.

Goal ACHEIVED thus far!

Jimmy&Guinney
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

Again, with the Golden Age.

My Drinking goal is to have always have as good of a Drinking session as I did tonight.
And they say her flower is faded now
Hard weather and hard booze
But maybe that's just the price you pay
For the chains you refuse

timds
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by timds »

I find that the fatter I get, the more unachievable my goal.