Drinking Goals?

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Drinking Goals?

Post by Oggar »

Do you guys still remember when you had drinking goals? Like I'm going to drink a whole bottle/case in one day type of stuff. Does anybody still have any drinking goal they've yet to accomplish?
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

Generally, I still try to keep goals. Proper motivation is the key:

1) Try to drink as often as possible.
2) Since the wife isn't crazy about me drinking by myself, either sneak one in or try and get her to join me.
3) Get blind drunk at least once a month (meeting nights = free beer), more if I can afford it.

I used to have single-night goals, but my bachelor party was the last such time. But now I must think of the broader picture. One of my newer goals is to run the gamut of drinks in my cocktail books and papers. That'll be pricey as many drinks call for at least one ingredient I do not have. Although this clashes with my other goal of growing my good whisk(e)y collection. Decisions, decisions...
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

My drinking goals are always the same:

Get the most fucked up for the least amount of money possible.
Still be alive in the morning.
stop thinking start drinking

3DrinksAhead
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by 3DrinksAhead »

in college there was a shitty pond with a bridge, goal was allways to puke off it. For some reason it only happened a few times. I mustve gotten distracted.
"this is... wait. This... its.. jesus... hold on... shit... ok, this is neither the time, nor the... the place for... uh... do you have a cigarette?"

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Pissing in the great rivers.
I have micturated into the Danube, the Rhine, the Loire, the Thames, the Don and the Dnieper. I also managed to urinate copiously into the Nile on an Egyptian holiday. Alas, the Amazon has, so far, escaped me.
It is important to have goals.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

DrunkyMonkey
Tippler
Tippler

Re: Drinking Goals?

Post by DrunkyMonkey »

I used to keep an Excel spreadsheet and tap in whatever i'd boozed the night before. it's then tell me my average drinking for a tuesday, or my average pints per day or whatever. i kept it up for about 8 months. at the time i was putting an average 5.12 pints down a day...
Whose shoes are these? Mmm, you smell nice... is that gin? Daddy's home!

evilbreeder
Souse
Souse

Post by evilbreeder »

Joe Twelvepack wrote:My drinking goals are always the same:

Get the most fucked up for the least amount of money possible.
Still be alive in the morning.
exactly!

I wish I could still get drunk of a sixer like when i was 15. Man i would be rich by now.
Nunc est bibendum

One for the Frog

Post by One for the Frog »

evilbreeder wrote:Man i would be rich by now.
No you wouldn't. You would have spent it on drinks.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

for some people, "falling down drunk" is a description, but for me, its often the goal
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

coqui_chris wrote:for some people, "falling down drunk" is a description, but for me, its often the goal
Tsk, tsk. Never the goal, merely the end of the journey.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

All_lit_up_again
Tippler
Tippler

Post by All_lit_up_again »

coqui_chris wrote:for some people, "falling down drunk" is a description, but for me, its often the goal
no no thats just the end of the night.
If the ocean was whisskeeyyy and I was a duck, I would swim to the bottom and never come up. But the ocean is not whisky and I an’t a duck. So bartender bartender serve one right UP!!!!

TARTANSPECIAL
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

Not necessarily, what's wrong with getting up and starting again :?: :twisted:

martini
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by martini »

to drink at McSorley's. (thanks MDM)

to find a wife who always tries to keep up, even if she can't.

to drink ferociously, live to a ripe old age, and make those doctors eat crow.

to have bourbon in Kentucky, grappa in Italy, Scotch in Scotland, sake in Japan, sweet wine in Spain... etc.

on that topic, anyone from outside the states that can suggest native booze from countries around the world?
"Of the demonstrably wise there are but two: those who commit suicide, and those who keep their reasoning faculties atrophied by drink." -- Mark Twain.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

as a young buck, most of my drinking goals weren't that magnanimous. The trifector - three 40s in a night, has been pulled off with ease. Tha 2 211's Challenge, 2 40s of Steel Reserve 211 drank within 2 hours and 11 minutes, is another one that's been tackled. However, Steel Reserve is like fighting fuel in a bottle. After taking on tha 2 211's Challenge, my one friend Marc started to chide my other friend Boyle about his hot Irish aunt who they had stayed with in England last summer on a European vacation. Boyle had to be restrained from cracking Marc's head open with one of the empty Steel Reserve bottles.

Looking back, the real challenge of Tha 2 211's Challenge isn't the comsumption of 2 40s of Steel Reserve, 8.2% alcohol, since that much ABV is absolutely doable by most experienced drunkards. Although just handling the malt liquor taste of 2 Steel's is still a challenge for some, I think that the real difficutly of this task stems in not getting into a brawl, because anyone who has experience with Steel Reserve can tell you that it is fighting fuel, or at the very least will cause you to get very rowdy.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

martini wrote:...on that topic, anyone from outside the states that can suggest native booze from countries around the world?
Surely can. And most of us have. But to refresh, Unicum - a bitter digestif with mildly hallucenogenic properties, Palinka (from which I take my moniker) - Clear fruit brandy, the good stuff is home made and 70% to 80% ABV. And then there's Absinthe :twisted:
ドロンケン
ImageImage