Cheap Beer Comparison

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

sloppydrunk
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Cheap Beer Comparison

Post by sloppydrunk »

I did a taste test of four of the bottom shelf beers, Schlitz, Stag, PBR, and Busch. They are so similar to me. Schlitz barely edges out the others in taste, but not enough to justify it's higher price. Busch was the thinnest, too watery. Stag a metallic taste. PBR was not as offensive as the Stag and same low price.Three of these beers are owned by Pabst. All of them are insipid.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Cheap Beer Comparison

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

HAMM'S IS $12.99 A 30 PACK! BEAT THAT!
PBR has gone up in price 3 dollars a 30 pack in the past three years FUCK PABST.

Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:HAMM'S IS $12.99 A 30 PACK! BEAT THAT!
PBR has gone up in price 3 dollars a 30 pack in the past three years FUCK PABST.

Comes May and I shall experience a totally new flavor based up on blue skies and whatever.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

sloppydrunk
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by sloppydrunk »

Hamm"s is a product of millercoors. Inbev controls all the budweiser products, and Pabst picked up a lot of regional beers that have fallen by the wayside. So those are the big three. The cheapest beer varies according to regions. I'll look for the Hamm's but I think that Stag and PBR are the cheapest in this area.

http://www.millercoors.com/Our-Beers/Great-Beers.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InBev_brands

http://www.pabstbrewingco.com/agegate/?backto=/

For an interesting taste comparison of cheap beers check this out: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/3 ... 39817.html

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Hey man i just use this shit to wash down 101 proof bourbon an d keep my breath fresh.
If you're looking for the cheapest beer are you really concerned with taste?
Some people buy gallons of bottled water, I buy 30 packs of individual servings of cheap beer.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

ThirstyDrunk wrote:Hey man i just use this shit to wash down 101 proof bourbon an d keep my breath fresh.
If you're looking for the cheapest beer are you really concerned with taste?
Some people buy gallons of bottled water, I buy 30 packs of individual servings of cheap beer.
And I totally approve that policy of which I have benefitted on numerous mornings. I also approve of Thirsty's tendency to grill tons of meat during friendly bbqs and of his inclination to hosting drunk frenchies.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

sloppydrunk
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by sloppydrunk »

I became intrigued by cheap beer after my uncle Glen's funeral. He drove for Schlitz back in the day. I usually prefer Big Sky IPA but I thought I'd give the Schlitz a try to pay homage try to Uncle Glen. Next time I buy cheap beer I'll try some Miller to honor my uncle Miller. I like to drink beer after a long acid trip or to soothe my throat when I'm doing bong hits.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

sloppydrunk wrote:I became intrigued by cheap beer after my uncle Glen's funeral. He drove for Schlitz back in the day. I usually prefer Big Sky IPA but I thought I'd give the Schlitz a try to pay homage try to Uncle Glen. Next time I buy cheap beer I'll try some Miller to honor my uncle Miller. I like to drink beer after a long acid trip or to soothe my throat when I'm doing bong hits.
Ask yourself who the dealer is and what he is going to do with your money.

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

I've noticed most of the time PBR is more expensive than High Life. I think it's the hipster appeal. I stick with the Champagne of Beers.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Rumhead wrote:I've noticed most of the time PBR is more expensive than High Life. I think it's the hipster appeal. I stick with the Champagne of Beers.
Now we're talkin'!
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Rumhead wrote:I've noticed most of the time PBR is more expensive than High Life. I think it's the hipster appeal. I stick with the Champagne of Beers.
Why is it people on this board always refer to PBR as being hip? I've been to USA thrice and have never seen anyone looking like a hipster drink one. In fact the only persons I have seen drinking PBR were Thirsty and I. Does it mean that we are hip?

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
Why is it people on this board always refer to PBR as being hip? I've been to USA thrice and have never seen anyone looking like a hipster drink one. In fact the only persons I have seen drinking PBR were Thirsty and I. Does it mean that we are hip?
No, Thirsty is old/true-school, and I doubt he would expose you to urban hipster culture where this sort of thing is chic.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

coqui_chris wrote:
Mr Boozificator wrote:
No, Thirsty is old/true-school, and I doubt he would expose you to urban hipster culture where this sort of thing is chic.
Sometimes I can agree with you. Which probably explains why the cold war ended or why we can still have hopes for a better future.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I'm so hip I can't see over my pelvis.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

ThirstyDrunk wrote:I'm so hip I can't see over my pelvis.
Wait, I'm hipper than you since PBR is the American beer I drink the most while living in driving distance of Belgium. Ha! I'm hip.