Cheap Beer Comparison

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Cheap Beer Comparison

Post by benitobeast69 »

i feel like it's pretty easy to get hold of obscure craft beers and specialty shit.....normal shit from abroad though is hard as fuck to come by. like hamms are not gonna be a feature beer at my local beer festival. lol
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hamms rocks. Trust me. One visit to the states and I`m a member of the church of Hamm
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:47 pm
Hamms rocks. Trust me. One visit to the states and I`m a member of the church of Hamm
I'll be honest I love some cheap beer...right now I'm drinking a Paulaner Munich lager which for you may be pretty cheap but for us over here is like 2 quid a bottle. It's nice and everything but I'd only marginally prefer it to Stella which i can get 18 x 440ml for £13 right now.

Here in England it's all about offers....My brand of beer for the week is whichever beer is on the best deal. (while still being 4.8% or above cause I'm not a daft cunt)
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:49 pm
oettinger wrote:
I'll be honest I love some cheap beer...right now I'm drinking a Paulaner Munich lager which for you may be pretty cheap but for us over here is like 2 quid a bottle. It's nice and everything but I'd only marginally prefer it to Stella which i can get 18 x 440ml for £13 right now.

Here in England it's all about offers....My brand of beer for the week is whichever beer is on the best deal. (while still being 4.8% or above cause I'm not a daft cunt)
Your beer prices vary? Like a stock market? That`s confusing
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Beer prices vary store by store. Usually they're within a dollar of eachother. My 30 pack of Genny (12oz cans) used to be $14.99 at the grocery store near my house. They would sometimes have it on sale for $13.99. Sometimes as low as $12.99. Meanwhile a nearby chain store had the same 30 packs at $14.99 all the time, no sale. Now those 30 packs are $15.49 at both grocery stores. I blame it on china as I do everything else wrong in the world.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:29 am
I blame it on Canadia as I do everything else wrong on the moon.
Me too

The earthlanding was fake as was people settling in Ontario
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Ontario is a myth.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:15 pm
Ontario is a myth.
Thanks, finally a person I can talk to
Drink!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

oettinger wrote:
Years ago I saw a stack of cases of Hamm's at the local Walgreens. It was $10.99 a case. I was tempted to buy some but then I remembered what it tasted like during my College years. So I bought some PBR.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:15 pm
Ontario is a myth.
Canadians hate us. It's true.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:29 am
benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:49 pm
oettinger wrote:

Your beer prices vary? Like a stock market? That`s confusing

here they can vary a lot....a 4 pack of 440ml stella in my local convenience shop would be like £5.50, I've seen the same size cans on offer in supermarkets for £10 for 18 cans. Most common deals you will get is mix and match ones...so like 3 cases of beer for £21 with the average case price being £10-£12 individually. Have it on 6 packs and singles as well. £6 for a 6 pack or two for £9...etc.

Best prices are coming up over the next 6 weeks, booze is dirt cheap here in the run up to xmas.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

https://vinepair.com/articles/11-cheap- ... drinabkle/

Top 11 cheap American beer rated by taste. Dead last is my regular beer - Natty Ice. Right in the middle is Budweiser. He rates Narraganset as number 1.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:37 pm

He rates Narraganset as number 1.
Atleast do a spoiler alert next time.

No Hamms though? Shit list
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Natty ice should tie ass last with Narraganset

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Anyone else remember generic beer? It came in a white can with half inch black block letters that said beer.

Then there's Mickey's Big Mouth, remember the peel back tops? Back in the early 80's when I was in the military, shipboard firefighters didn't have scott air packs, instead we used a device called an Oxygen Breathing Apparatus (OBA), instead of a compressed air tank, and OBA used a canister that used a chemical reaction to make oxygen, the top of the canister had a peel off top just like a Mickey's, in fire school the instructor said that, "open this sumbitch just like a green hornet" some school boy (who should have stayed in school) asked what he meant, the Chief told him, a Mickey's, the kid still didn't understand, turns out he didn't drink, he washed out after he crapped his pants dropped a hose and ran away.

Anyway, back to cheap beer, Hamms, High Life, and of course Ernie's Brown Derby