Cheap Beer Comparison

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Cheap Beer Comparison

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:35 pm
oettinger wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:57 am
Wow very cool, why don`t our grocery stores combine drink with food for specials? That`s brilliant
With that in mind why is there never a fucking buy a six pack get a free can of peanuts deal at the store?
No nuts, but sometimes we get free glasses, that we can break when drunk
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:22 am
scream ale wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:35 pm
oettinger wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:57 am
Wow very cool, why don`t our grocery stores combine drink with food for specials? That`s brilliant
With that in mind why is there never a fucking buy a six pack get a free can of peanuts deal at the store?
No nuts, but sometimes we get free glasses, that we can break when drunk
For once Oett makes sense. Buy the gift pcks of booze and glasses. Your fallen will remember.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

scream ale wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:35 pm
^^^ Image
I started noticing this stuff about a year ago, maybe two.
I finally scored a can of Gennie Black today. It was .99 cents and I liked it. Most cheap ass high gravity beers like Steel Reserve or Natty Daddy taste like they brewed them with metal chips but the Gennie Black was much better. Sort of like a cheap microbrew. I wish they'd sell them in 12 oz cans in 12 packs or 30 packs but they only come in these ridiculous giant 24 oz cans. I mean come on. The store only had TWO cans in it's cooler. That's no way to play. I guess they're afraid we might get drunk on them. Never mind the fact that there's a liquor store just down street where I can buy Devils Spring Vodka at 190 proof. Gennie needs to go rogue.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Sammy wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:12 pm
I finally scored a can of Gennie Black today. It was .99 cents and I liked it. Most cheap ass high gravity beers like Steel Reserve or Natty Daddy taste like they brewed them with metal chips but the Gennie Black was much better. Sort of like a cheap microbrew. I wish they'd sell them in 12 oz cans in 12 packs or 30 packs but they only come in these ridiculous giant 24 oz cans. I mean come on. The store only had TWO cans in it's cooler. That's no way to play. I guess they're afraid we might get drunk on them. Never mind the fact that there's a liquor store just down street where I can buy Devils Spring Vodka at 190 proof. Gennie needs to go rogue.
Seriously? InTexas?!? That's insanity. I agree only two cans in the cooler is weak as hell.

Having some Genny black myself so cheers to you sir.

And don't get me started on Devil's Springs. Shit took two years off my life. Part of my early 20's are just wiped from my memory. On the bright side the rest of my 20's up to the present day have been steeped in whiskey.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

scream ale wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:01 pm
Sammy wrote:
Seriously? InTexas?!? That's insanity. I agree only two cans in the cooler is weak as hell.

Having some Genny black myself so cheers to you sir.

And don't get me started on Devil's Springs. Shit took two years off my life. Part of my early 20's are just wiped from my memory. On the bright side the rest of my 20's up to the present day have been steeped in whiskey.

Well, to be honest, I'm in Syracuse, NY at the moment. Solvay to be exact. It'll be our secret.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Sammy wrote:
scream ale wrote:
^^^ Image

I agree though, I'd always rather have more smaller cans than less bigger ones.

I tell myself it's so it tastes fresher and is colder each time but really i think i just like the ritual of pulling a can out the cooler and cracking her open.

Sounds and feels like freedom.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:58 am
Sammy wrote:
scream ale wrote:
^^^ Image

I agree though, I'd always rather have more smaller cans than less bigger ones.

I tell myself it's so it tastes fresher and is colder each time but really i think i just like the ritual of pulling a can out the cooler and cracking her open.

Sounds and feels like freedom.
Many microbrews are as strong, or stronger, than Gennie Black and yet you can buy them by the case. The only difference is they want you to pay 10-20 times more for the privilege.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

My store started carrying the Cream Ale. I suppose I'll have to try a can to see what all the screams are about.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Goddamn. It's way the hell out there? Personally as far as Genny's ale goes I prefer the 12 horse. But that's a seasonal thing.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:10 pm
It's way the hell out there?
We try to carry stuff nobody else has in town. It's quite an eclectic little store.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^cheers to being different sir!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

scream ale wrote:
Goddamn. It's way the hell out there? Personally as far as Genny's ale goes I prefer the 12 horse. But that's a seasonal thing.
It used to be around all the time when I was in high school. It was a go to for me back then. That and Rolling Rock.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

scream ale wrote:

I've been waiting to score some 12 horse but no luck so far.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

one of my buddies went over to cali for a few weeks with his work...I could have got him to bring me back a load of nice west coast ipa's

instead i insisted upon a 6 pack of coors banquet.

Loads of my US mates always bang on about it being awesome for a cheap beer and I randomly used to own a cap with the logo on. I liked it to be fair, dunno how I'd stand it up against euro lagers but It pisses on Budweiser that's for sure.

I have some weird fuckin interest in trying all these cheap lagers, next on my agenda is hamms.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:46 am
next on my agenda is hamms.
It's on my list of stuff to try should I ever see it. I've only ever seen it mentioned here.