Afternoon Delight

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Blackneto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Afternoon Delight

Post by Blackneto »

why yes I am drinking my box wine out of a coffee mug. Why do you ask?
it's all chaff, a striving after the wind.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Blackneto wrote:why yes I am drinking my box wine out of a coffee mug. Why do you ask?
I didn't. Just enjoy. I'm drinking wine from a pint glass. Y'know, whatever works.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Blackneto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re:

Post by Blackneto »

Palinka wrote:
Blackneto wrote:why yes I am drinking my box wine out of a coffee mug. Why do you ask?
I didn't. Just enjoy. I'm drinking wine from a pint glass. Y'know, whatever works.
I fell the handle makes me look professional.
it's all chaff, a striving after the wind.

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Re:

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Blackneto wrote:I fell the handle makes me look professional.
Indeed, it does. So does my vessel of choice. I guess that it all comes down to the definition of 'professional'...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Afternoon Delight

Post by Mr. Viking »

I'm mystified by most people's obsessions with drinking wine from stemware
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

sloweducation
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by sloweducation »

Get a 72oz fountain drink cup from the gas station, if they are plastic you can put them in the fucking dishwasher.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Mr. Viking wrote:I'm mystified by most people's obsessions with drinking wine from stemware
yeah, we have stemless wineglasses that are much superior. guests still request the stemware sometimes. usually i'll just drink from the bottle if it's just for me.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I use a tumbler or highball by choice. Pint glass if I'm feeling frisky, or if I'm at a party I find water jugs most amenable. It always impresses strangers to see a man drink excessively
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

EuroSlave
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by EuroSlave »

Drinking wine from these latte glasses

cause who drinks lattes anyway

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by steved2112 »

Mr. Viking wrote:I'm mystified by most people's obsessions with drinking wine from stemware
I'm not obsessed, but I do think it proper.

- Holding the glass by the stem isolates the wine from your body heat. If you're holding one of those stemless glasses, then either your wine is getting warm, you're setting it down too much, or you're quaffing it so fast it might as well be High C with Vodka.
- The shape of the bowl helps focus the nose - wine without its aroma is half the fun.
- They fall and break easily, lending to a hodgepodge of mismatched options in the cabinet.
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

EuroSlave wrote:Image

Drinking wine from these latte glasses

cause who drinks lattes anyway
That's exactly the glass I drink wine from.
steved2112 wrote:- Holding the glass by the stem isolates the wine from your body heat. If you're holding one of those stemless glasses, then either your wine is getting warm, you're setting it down too much, or you're quaffing it so fast it might as well be High C with Vodka.
- The shape of the bowl helps focus the nose - wine without its aroma is half the fun.
- They fall and break easily, lending to a hodgepodge of mismatched options in the cabinet.
My wine never stays in the glass long enough to worry about body heat transfer...and I rarely drink it through my nose. {;^)>
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

I love me some afternoon delight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IExlGbJLTrg
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

When I used to smoke ciggies, I wouldn't do it inside the home. That's asshole behavior upon my kids (who are now grown).

I promised, when I quit them lovely and succulent smokes, that I would never be the dick head who chastised anyone else who continued to enjoy their engagement with ciggies. I have kept true to my word. I may even ask for a hit.

But your mention of a coffee mug, Sir Blackneto, reminds me of my own particular use.

Indeed, I held the shame of drinking in the morning, and so while still up with friends involved with other sorts of intoxicants, I would continue my drinking outside, as the birds started chirping and the ugly sun peeked his eye over the horizon, while I sat on the front porch.

Read the paper, smoke my ciggie, and sip from the soup mug of beer.

Those were the good days.

Amen to you, kind sir.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

tdcwillies wrote:
Indeed, I held the shame of drinking in the morning.
There is "shame" in the morning drink?
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

I have several times walked half a mile to shop in my bathrobe, sandals and a beer. Before noon, feels good man.