The Bender Defined (Commentary)

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

hereforthebeer
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: The Bender Defined (Commentary)

Post by hereforthebeer »

benitobeast69 wrote:

whatever this was brother.....it sounds like a good fucking time!!! carry it one!
Ha yeah it was a good time, genna go again soon, will update when that happens and try to stretch it out to 5 days, going to be a bit pre-meditated and book some time off work this around, feel a bit dirty for that, but only so much awol a job can tolerate!

hereforthebeer
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by hereforthebeer »

Mr. Sandman wrote:I'd describe that as a jag (which I use to cover most bender behaviour without the full time dedication) A shorter time period still would be a skite or razz
Thanks Mr S!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

I think my favorite brannigan was in Kamloops, British Columbia. I was there for a weeklong houseboating excursion. The scenery was breathtaking. Sandy beaches, natural waterfalls, hiking paths but mostly just drifting in the water. Not a day went by when I was not in my cups.

Unfortunately the other 2 guys and 3 girls were all terrible at piloting the boat, so more often than not that became my duty. We decided it would be my full time duty after one of the other fellows crashed into the floating store and sent it keeling over. I took the wheel from him at the last second and went into full reverse but too late...and of course it appeared to onlookers as though I was the one who had crashed. This was typical of our trip.

We had a slide on the back of the houseboat which I attempted whilst standing up, resulting in cracking the fiberglass and also my head.

I really liked one of the girls on the trip and proceeded to throw her from the top floor of the houseboat, narrowly missing her head on the edge of the pontoon. I jumped in after her with a life preserver and was given a good scolding. However that night we stayed up talking of life until almost dawn. We ended up kissing on the last night of the trip and she became my girlfriend several months later.

There was a particular beach where everyone would go to party and so there we went, and we relieved our colons into other people's baths, crashed parties for free booze and even found some Alaskan frat boys who were remarkably decent. Unfortunately they were still frat boys and as such only had cheap beer and Jagermeister, but it did the job. They said on a clear day you could see Alaska from our present location.

After leaving that beach I smelled burning wires. I made sure all appliances were off, but could still smell it. Removed the engine hatch and oh my! Flames, smoke and the like. After dousing the fire I investigated the problem. A battery wire had removed itself, shorted out and caused the fire. Unfortunately this meant we had no power for our radio to call home base.

More whiskey and I figured out to rig the power up so that we could call for help. However, as this houseboat was meant to be tied via stakes either to shore or by rope to a dock, we were floating at the wind's will without an anchor. Rocks approached and I laughed and drank. The help came shortly before we were dashed to the rocks.

I've never been on such a reflective and surreal trip. I hope someday for it to happen again. Slainte!
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Batty wrote:I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

You know, you're just missing some life-experience if you've never lost a week or two...
ドロンケン
ImageImage

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

I gotta laugh when people debate the definition of "a bender" by days. I've been on R&R tours where I showed up for bus call pretty much undrunk and then proceeded to be continuously drunk for several months at a time, until the tour ended.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

peetie44 wrote:drunk for several months at a time, until the tour ended.
You sir put a new word in my drunkard dictionary.

Next time I tell people I was drunk for that long and they reply: You`re on a serious bender then huh?
I`ll go: Bender? Pfffff, get that weak shit outta here, I`m on a damn alcoholic tour!
Drink!

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

I drink everything i have everyday for like the last idk 7 months or something and i drink right when i wake up if i have alcohol to drink so have i been on a bender this whole time or what
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

peetie44 wrote:I gotta laugh when people debate the definition of "a bender" by days. I've been on R&R tours where I showed up for bus call pretty much undrunk and then proceeded to be continuously drunk for several months at a time, until the tour ended.

i have never heard such words of wisdom and plus thats where im at right npw i cAN get drunk but im still lucid unless i have some kind of medicine to help me feel "well"
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

givemesomepills wrote:I drink everything i have everyday for like the last idk 7 months or something and i drink right when i wake up if i have alcohol to drink so have i been on a bender this whole time or what
Maybe only if you have alcohol to drink the whole time?

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

unfortunately I have had to go 12 or so hours maybe a little more sometimes without alcohol or used xanax or somas in its place when I got em free or cheaper than alcohol. :( I guess it doesn't technically count as a bender if only i had hustled harder for my booze i would have really pulled the 7 give or take months bender for real. it makes me disappointed in myself really because if i cant get shit faced nonstop what can I do? and i'm not trying to be sarcastic.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

No need to kill yourself going about it
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

ay ay ay no ones gonna do anything that crazy. hopefully

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Palinka wrote:Image
Batty wrote:I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Man when I first saw that post, i fucking laughed my arse off. i mean, who hasn't looked all sweaty and dead the week after?

And Batty's quote, in this context

damn