Drinking:Time Ratio

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Drinking:Time Ratio

Post by mistah willies »

Sip the high end, dance with her slow, and get a nice, firm, handshake after one smooch

then grab the nasty bitch and take her to the ugly parts of the town for the all nighter.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

That may be the perfect analogy for my style of drinking.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Ayuh.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

booznik wrote:Then maintain with beer, and return to the booze as needed. I do enjoy that on weekends.
Sound advice this. I drank enough whiskey to get a little bit drunk yesterday afternoon. As it started to wear off, i felt that a beer would have been nice. Circumstances dictated that this was not to be, & later on i was mixing the whiskey so a different drunk. Next weekend I'm going to start with straight scotch & not diversify until red faced & clumsy. Im thinking a blind tasting, sizing up JW black against my trio of single malts.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

JW black is great for getting rat arsed because it's so smooth there's no need for a mixer. I never buy it because I think it's overpriced. If it's behind a bar though, I'll usually have a go at it
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

I got a bottle for $39 at a pre fathers day sale. This very good for oz as theres very little liquor available for under $30. Even jw red is usually mid 30s for a 700ml, maybe $29 on special.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

well it's taken me the whole weekend to get through a case of beer (25X440ml) but I did take a day off
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote:well it's taken me the whole weekend to get through a case of beer (25X440ml) but I did take a day off
That's a whole lotta burp.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

Mr. Viking wrote:
Casual Binger wrote: but theres no point sipping strong drink. All the flavour you get is the alcohol burn & a hint of medicine. You've got to have enough to roll it around your mouth noisily like you're rinsing your mouth after brushing your teeth. This has the added effect of annoying people who take things too seriously.
I like your spirit (pun intended) but there's definitely spirits worth sipping. I just don't have as much time for them, and they are usually just as good ( and much more fun) swigged.

Why bother getting a luxury good if you're going to be miserly with it. Buy fine whisky and chug it. If you can't afford to chug it you won't properly enjoy it, buy something cheaper. The main thing is that it should flow freely. Who wants to have one glass of wine at a dinner party, good as it may be. Better to have a flagon of swill
totally right and if i want to really get wasted though i get jose cuervo gold and their margarita mix blend with ice and make them super strong and chug them. its not quality liquor or classy or manly but its the easiest way ive found to get black out and yell at your friends and demolish shit and not remember any of it after you finished the first blender full
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Casual Binger wrote:a pre fathers day sale
There is such a thing? Cool.
Is it like black friday or what the US call it when all women run in the doors on halloween?
Edit thanksgiving?
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

there are certainly pre christmas sales here when expensive port and whisk(e)y and brandy are on sale. Usually a few whisk(e)y promotions before daddies' day

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Not allowed here in germany, because Merkel is undrunk, old, ugly, infertile and can`t get children then.

Is my guess
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

oettinger wrote:Not allowed here in germany, because Merkel is undrunk, old, ugly, infertile and can`t get children then.

Is my guess
are you not allowed sales?

they banned multibuy in scotland

and drinks promotions in bars are strictly controlled in england, but there will come a time when things are pushed too far and something will have to be done

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Back on topic:
The drink-time-money paradoxon is a thing that`s investigated by modern drunkards on a daily basis. There seems no solution to it so far, as in when did the universe start to drink? Was there money already? Probably not? Time? Yes. Do you need time to drink? Yes? Do you need money for time? No and so on...

I would like to drink everyday but I have no money, but time to earn it but I`m lazy. This lazyness makes me thirsty!
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I try hard to keep a healthy work-drink balance

sadly, like most of us, I am lacking in willpower and let work take over a little too much sometimes