New Scotch Thread- Couldn't find the old one

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: New Scotch Thread- Couldn't find the old one

Post by Stendhal »

Fuck yeah man, you a fan of McMasters or Kesslers? When money is tight a half gallon of McMasters doesn't sound bad.
Everything in moderation, including moderation

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Kessler it is. In fact, it is actually my step-up celebration whiskey. (Gran Legacy being my standard day-to-day whiskey.)

BTW, I wrote a poem about Kessler and sent it to Modern Drunkard magazine and to my surprise they published it. In the poem I referred to it as "Kessler's" much like you did here - but look at the label. It's Kessler, not Kessler's. I would have been mortified at my faux pas, but my reputation as the perennial dilettante kept me from it.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:09 pm
I would have been mortified at my faux pas, but my reputation as the perennial dilettante kept me from it.
You`re the persona drunk grata

Nausea mentioned Ardberg as being peaty. Hmm I like it a lot but I hate Laphroaig for it`s peatyness. I`m confused
Drink!

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Patchez wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:38 pm
The only thing I would add to Nausea's list would be Bunnahabhain 12. Soft and gentle smokey caresses from this one.
I have heard a lot of people saying good things about Bunnahabhain 12, will keep an eye out for it.
Everything in moderation, including moderation

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Patchez wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:38 pm
The only thing I would add to Nausea's list would be Bunnahabhain 12. Soft and gentle smokey caresses from this one.
the first bottle of single malt i ever bought myself...was in scotland with a girl i was seeing when i was 16/17 and got a bottle...saved it for my 18th as a coming of age treat....was lovely.

all great recomendations.

i was suprised by the "under 100" it's hard to find scotch here over 100 for sure...unless we're talking about super rare stuff that's expensive just cause of it's rarity.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis