Party stock

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Party stock

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

Greetings Chaps,

I wanted all of your wisdom. Next week i'm hosting a party for approximately twenty people. I've gone to the extent of buying about £100 worth of booze to get things going. I only wanted to buy hard liquor, I want people to leave completely shit faced with only minor control of their bodily functions.

So I've bought: 1 bottle of Kraken, 1 bottle of cheap blended scotch, 1 bottle of Stolichnaya vodka, 1 bottle of cheap gin and 1 bottle of VSOP Napoleon Brandy. - What do you think of this stock? From speaking to people I'm guessing the Kraken is going to go first. Can we blame them? Not I Rabbi.

I'm not buying any mixers because I fucking hate it when people drown my spirits to make Rum flavoured Coca Cola. I'm thinking of installing an alcoholic form of punishment for people who drown my spirits. Any suggestions for this?

Do any of you chaps have any interesting party traditions? I really like the idea of a quirky party tradition. I was thinking about sabering champagne but I don't have a saber or any champagne.
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Party stock

Post by Mr. Viking »

a big bowl of punch is good, It's a great way to get people pissed without them realising
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

and cheap cigars
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Tarcek
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Tarcek »

You cant get 20 oeple all get fucking shit-faced on 5 bottles of hard liquor, unless youre all a lightweights. That's not even enough for everyone to have a dozen shots.
Buy a couple of bottles of cheap whiskey and vodka. Ive never met any bunch of bastards so picky they wont drink cheap whiskey when everything else runs out.

Also, id be inclined to strike you upon the face with such a bottle of rum for trying to tell me how to drink my fucking rum. Even though i drink it straight as well, and why do you expect people to drink un-diluted gin?

If you like un-dilute gin, good for you. Go sip it in the corner while your mates shoot the kraken.

As for party traditions. I (or whoever) opens a bottle of spirits, chug a bit/bunch of it, and pass it to the next person who does the same thing.

Kanpai!

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

I'll try and tackle your hostile tone and mannerisms politely. Its 350 cl of hard liquor. That's 140 doubles, which is approximately seven each. I don't think that is particularly uncharitable. As I originally said this stock is only to get things going. People will bring their own booze, as it's the norm within my circles.

Also... its not your rum, or their rum. Its my rum. If you want to drown your liquor go ahead, but don't drown my liquor. That's pretty rude. Sorry dear, but I don't serve cocktails and I don't stock mixers. You can get your Campari and soda somewhere else. Undiluted gin is a perfectly adequate and easy going session drink.

Tarcek
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Tarcek »

Herman wrote:I'll try and tackle your hostile tone and mannerisms politely. Its 350 cl of hard liquor. That's 140 doubles, which is approximately seven each. I don't think that is particularly uncharitable. As I originally said this stock is only to get things going. People will bring their own booze, as it's the norm within my circles.

Also... its not your rum, or their rum. Its my rum. If you want drown your liquor go ahead, but don't drown my liquor. That's pretty rude. Sorry dear, but I don't serve cocktails and I don't stock mixers. You can get your Campari and soda somewhere else. Undiluted gin is a perfectly adequate and easy going session drink.
1 shot = 45mL
350cl = 3500mL
3500 divided by 45 = 77
77 divided by 20 = 3.85

If im just sucking at math right now, i will genuinely apologize to you.

Edit: Kanpai! :D

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Tarcek wrote: 1 shot = 45mL
350cl = 3500mL
3500 divided by 45 = 77
77 divided by 20 = 3.85

Fuck!

It is me who is wrong.
I'll go get three more bottles.

Tarcek
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Tarcek »

Herman wrote:
Tarcek wrote: 1 shot = 45mL
350cl = 3500mL
3500 divided by 45 = 77
77 divided by 20 = 3.85

Fuck!

It is me who is wrong.
I'll go get three more bottles.
That's good, mate :)

Hey, i was a bit hostile. Not my intention - I was only going to strike you in the most fun-loving way possible.

Kanpai! :D

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Your stock sounds goosd, missing the vodka obliviously. For shots buy sambuka. No one likes it everyone drinks it.
Punch is a great idea. Canned peaches with a bottle of 50% or above rum. Let it soak in for a week, girls love the peaches, they get drunk without any notice.
Drink!

Donald J. Drunk
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Donald J. Drunk »

Herman wrote:I'll try and tackle your hostile tone and mannerisms politely. Its 350 cl of hard liquor. That's 140 doubles, which is approximately seven each. I don't think that is particularly uncharitable. As I originally said this stock is only to get things going. People will bring their own booze, as it's the norm within my circles.

Also... its not your rum, or their rum. Its my rum. If you want to drown your liquor go ahead, but don't drown my liquor. That's pretty rude. Sorry dear, but I don't serve cocktails and I don't stock mixers. You can get your Campari and soda somewhere else. Undiluted gin is a perfectly adequate and easy going session drink.
Then that´s rather charitable of you. you are to be commended.
You may now lavish your congratulations upon me.

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Don't worry about it pal, although even with fun loving strikes I might wet myself.

I've got one bottle of Stoli, my housemate is going to donate a cheap litre bottle of Smirnoff.I might get another Stoli. Although I'm getting broke buying all this booze, I suppose if it doesn't get drank it doesn't go off.

I love the punch idea. I looked at my copy of Kingsley Amis's 'Everyday Drinking' he has a couple of good recipes.

SKguy
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by SKguy »

You're missing whisky! Get Crown Royal or Tullamore Dew, depending on what's available, and what's cheaper if you're worried about spending too much money.

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Alright Chaps, the party happened. I think drastically less had turned up than I had originally anticipated. Though in likewise words of the great William Shakespeare - He which hath no stomach to this party let him depart. His passport shall be made and coins for convey shall be placed into his purse. We shall not drink with that man that fears his fellowship to drink with us.

Or some shit like that.

The good news is that I have a bottle of brandy, one and half bottles of scotch and a bit of vodka left.

Myself and a select few decided to turn up late to the party, which I was hosting. I wanted to take these guys to a few real ale pubs in town and we ended up getting carried away. I guess a few people turned up saw that I wasn't in and buggered off. But thats the sacrifice we make for real ale on draught.

Unfortunately myself and the other smokers stuck to my room so it got a bit trashed, this isn't a fault of my guests but rather the size of my room. As the pipe/cigar smoker my room is the only room where smoking is allowed. My other housemate was making White Russians, which weren't too bad, but my friend ended up knocking one into my tobacco draw which I had to clean and make sure none of the tobacco had been contaminated. Thankfully none had.

Other than that It was a bit of a cockfest, but I atleast was pissed enough to not care. This shows alcohol can cure anything, even a cockfest.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Herman wrote:We shall not drink with that man that fears his fellowship to drink with us.
You had me at the mention of the almighty Kraken, which needs no mixer, because it is sweet and spicy, and at 47% ABV, it will get you high and tight in the most delightful way.

You, sir, were not tight with your wallet. Good on you to not intrude upon others in your home with the excellent tobacco (Thank you sir Walter Raleigh for introducing it to the rest of the world form the place my people have always called Home) because you have a dedicated smoking room. A smoking jacket is indicated, yes indeed.

Nice recovery on the tobacco draw, by the way.

Now, it must be said, as Palinka would say, "Excellent Report, Young Sailor" because that was his manner.

Rock on, Sir Herman, and well met, as always.

DRINK!

Tarcek
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Tarcek »

You saved the tobacco - That's what counts, you bloody champion.