Evan Williams

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Evan Williams

Post by Frankennietzsche »

This is just the standard Evan Williams. I think that this is on par with Beam Black label. Here's the thing that I just noticed, and I do not know why it took me two bottles of this to do it: 86 proof. That extra 3% makes a difference in taste. $13 a fifth. Good old Bardstown.

beeteedubs- the Evan Williams Single Barrel is a grand whiskey. I haven't had it in a while, which i need to rectify, soon.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Evan Williams

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I had a bottle of the Evan Williams 1783 small batch this past weekend. Just a couple bucks more, had to try it.
Tasty at 86 proof, and t'wil get you there.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Currently, my go-to bourbon.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Gall4185
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Gall4185 »

it's the house pour at my local bar,so it's been a staple part of my diet for a while now

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I always though EW was vastly underated by most. I've said it before, dollar for dollar it may be the best bourbon value buy out there.

Also if you can find it the white lable EW is a bottled in bond version at a 100 proof. You think 3% abv makes a difference in taste try it bumped up another 7%. The rye in the mash bill comes more to the fore. Not nearly as much caramel sweetness.

Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Still yet to taste this nectar of gods.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Bur wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:17 am
Still yet to taste this nectar of gods.
Evan's is quite tasty. *ahem* sorry, Evan Williams, for you bottom shelf snobs. Yet to try the White Label: 100.

Crave a tasty treat in a square bottle that is actual, real Bourbon? Got some tipping to do. It's my go to when I can't spend for Bulleit or the mighty Buffalo. Mmmmm

Of course, I'm a krakenhead, so take my opinion with a grain of charred sawdust.

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

i haven't had EW in a while, and have been drinking Beam as my standard lazy, cheap-ass bourbon. next time i'm at the booze store, i'll pick some up to reacquaint myself with it. cheers.
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I tend alternate between Beam and Evan as my regular bourbon. For the price Evan is fucking excellent. Sipping some in my coffee right now. When I can find it I like to pick up the white label Evan. As stated above it's top notch shit. Cheers bourbon drinkers.