Drinking up or drinking down?

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Drinking up or drinking down?

Post by Patchez »

I'm a blue collar mutt who had to work 400+ hours of OT the other year to get within pissing distance of the median salary for the US. Last year I said fuck all that and only worked when mandated. Life actually got better. The money wasn't as good but I actually had time to enjoy the money I'd busted my ass to earn.

The point is I work hard for my money and, face it, we ain’t taking that shit with us. One of the 44 things every drunkard should do got me thinking about how the upper crust lives. The point about dropping a paycheck on one bottle of booze. Yeah a single bottle. Never could get my head wrapped around that. The idea was that would be the only way a drunkard could ever get the sense of what the privileged live like. That part I get.

So I decided to start drinking better booze. Fuck it. I would rather spend my coin on experiences than on stuff. Buy the craft beers, buy the single barrels and store pick bourbons. Find those $100+ bottles of scotch. Get the good sticks not the Philly Blunts or White Owls. I’m buying over my station cause the fuckers think I won’t. Fuck ‘em.

That’s not to say I don’t lay in plenty of cheap stuff. I almost always have a handle of EW black or white label and some JW Black or Double Black. Weekends are started with a 30 rack of Hamm’s as well. All this cause let’s face it, staying hammered on the good stuff will break you. Balance in all things.

So if my posts seem to be a bit high brow with what I’m drinking well, they are. Just know that’s not all I’m drinking. I just figure we all already know the best bangs for your buck on the low end. I just wanna show ya’ll there are some really good fucking bottles out there for not a bank breaking sum.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Drinking up or drinking down?

Post by peetie44 »

Nothing wrong with posting about the high-end stuff...don't really need to hear about the price or "taste" of, say, Natty Light, as we've all had to drink low-end at some point.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Gall4185
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Gall4185 »

I've always been the kind of drinker to buy what i like rather than what tends to be cheap within reason.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

I've found that there are some among us who will actually almost break the bank for good enjoyment, and to share it with others, such as Constantine.

My own way is similar to that. As you've written, Patchez: you can't take it with you. We have no idea for how long we will live here during this marvelous ride form our ticket to a great travel with the buffet and drink car on board, do we?

As the late, great John Pinette said, "I say Nay Nay !"

I truly ascribe to the belief that everything must be drunk at least once. Only then can one form their own perceptions.

That being said, some have the responsibility to others who depend upon them. No harsh in being a proper Modern Drunkard when it comes to that.

Carry on and lead the way. Not hipster, for that is following, of course, and you are not a follower. Live like peetie44 does, but most of us cannot.

Enjoy folks' experiences vicariously, and partake of the finer things when we can, share our findings with the others of our ilk, and that exhibits the manner of a true Modern Drunkard.

DRINK!

Amen.

hereforthebeer
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by hereforthebeer »

Speaking of high end and low end and drinking up...

my brother went out with his friends last weekend... they were in some club...

he bought a bottle of vodka for £100 (yeah i know what the fuck) anyway he did...

5 minutes later they threw them all out, said the place was shut...

LOL i said if that was me... i would have demanded a refund... or .... something...

Then i realised i guess to order a £100 bottle of vodka moments before closing time, you have to be fairly smashed anyway, so i guess i would have equally stumbled out with my £100 bottle of vodka on the street...

Alas incongruity loves a drunken decision.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

hereforthebeer wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:43 am

he bought a bottle of vodka for £100 (yeah i know what the fuck) anyway he did...
I didn't know you could buy a £100 (@$125) bottle of vodka.

£100...for un-aged fermented potato juice in a bottle with a foreign language label??!?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

peetie44 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:13 am
hereforthebeer wrote:

£100...for un-aged fermented potato juice in a bottle with a foreign language label??!?
I'll have to assume here that this bottle came with a VIP booth and some lap dances?

hereforthebeer
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by hereforthebeer »

Patchez wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:38 pm
peetie44 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:13 am
hereforthebeer wrote:

I'll have to assume here that this bottle came with a VIP booth and some lap dances?
Not sure about the dancers but yeah it was some poncy VIP table i think

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by gede »

After reading this post I went out and bought a carton of Corona instead of my usual cheap import. Couple days later I went back to the shop and bought a carton of cheap import. Some things never change, and I love money

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Drinking out of my league is often a rewarding experience. I would recommend it to everyone

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

scream ale wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:55 pm
Drinking out of my league is often a rewarding experience. I would recommend it to everyone
Here, here. Wait. Is it Hear, hear?

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ I still recommend it to all. Results may vary*. See your local liquor store for details.

*Scream Ale is not responsible for jack shit. Offer is void since Scream Ale offers nothing.