Had to be helped home last night

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Had to be helped home last night

Post by Hugh »

I started drinking at home at about 3:30 in the afternoon. I was drunk within 2 hours (I had only eaten a sandwich/soup all day) and went to the bar. I think I left the bar around 10 or so. It's a twenty minute walk home, but it took me almost four hours. I kept falling down. I remember finding a little hideaway off the sidewalk and trying to sleep, but I couldn't. I fell across the street where I live and one of the neighborhood bums helped me up. Since I didn't want him to know where I lived, I walked past my apartment and sat down in a parking lot. He wouldn't leave me, so I let him just help me home.

Maybe this should be in the YKYDW thread. When a bum has to help you home, you're drunk.

Anyway, his concern was genuine. He didn't rob me. And oh - there was a bag of takeout food on my desk this morning, the contents of the tray all messed up from where I fell.

It's 2 in the afternoon and I'm just now getting up. This was the worst hangover I've had in months, but I didn't throw up. I guess there is nothing in my stomach to throw up.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Had to be helped home last night

Post by Nausea »

That bum was actually an angel sent down by Bacchus just for you.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:21 pm
I started drinking at home at about 3:30 in the afternoon. I was drunk within 2 hours (I had only eaten a sandwich/soup all day) and went to the bar. I think I left the bar around 10 or so. It's a twenty minute walk home, but it took me almost four hours. I kept falling down. I remember finding a little hideaway off the sidewalk and trying to sleep, but I couldn't. I fell across the street where I live and one of the neighborhood bums helped me up. Since I didn't want him to know where I lived, I walked past my apartment and sat down in a parking lot. He wouldn't leave me, so I let him just help me home.

Maybe this should be in the YKYDW thread. When a bum has to help you home, you're drunk.

Anyway, his concern was genuine. He didn't rob me. And oh - there was a bag of takeout food on my desk this morning, the contents of the tray all messed up from where I fell.

It's 2 in the afternoon and I'm just now getting up. This was the worst hangover I've had in months, but I didn't throw up. I guess there is nothing in my stomach to throw up.
This reads like poetry to me -- the humanity, the genuine human concern for another -- the vulnerability. Dude, this is a beautiful story.

I mean... I'm sure it's painful for you at the moment

But this is a BEAUTIFUL STORY
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Wow, glad you made it.

I`ve been outside stumbling drunk countless times, it was always a damn struggle to get home but made for good stories to tell
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Dang, Hugh.

Like Nausea said, Bacchus or whatever polyethereal deity you might believe in was looking out for you. You must have decent credit with the bank of eternal karma.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ