So, I'm at the bar right now and...

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

So, I'm at the bar right now and...

Post by Rye and Coke »

These two hipsters are running this poor bartender ragid ordering taste test shots of beer. Like they have six baby beers each. And they hate them ALL!!! ORDER SOMETHING YOU ASSES. Oh and they keep going on and on about the notes and flavors. Ugh! I hope they at least tip well if these are free.

I usually avoid this weird uppity bar, but it's down the street from my kids school and I have to pick him up early.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: So, I'm at the bar right now and...

Post by Nausea »

Reminds me of this customer we have who comes in and asks us to break up six packs so he can try just one beer.

Oh and he doesn't buy six packs because he's "restricting himself."

YOLO, man.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

They went through what seemed like every beer on tap before deciding on a pint of some obscure hoity toity nonsense, all while complaining about their wives and in-laws.

To each their own, I guess.

To their credit, they knew their beers, I guess.
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:07 pm
They went through what seemed like every beer on tap before deciding on a pint of some obscure hoity toity nonsense, all while complaining about their wives and in-laws.

To each their own, I guess.

To their credit, they knew their beers, I guess.
Yeah, but:
Free beers!
...and you, daytime drinking before picking up the kid.

Bonus points: 2

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

They probably mixed the samples to get a full beer
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

The surley bartender says I have 15 minutes, it's a Thursday and 10:45 after all. There's a couple, the bartender, the cook, and the owner's drunken wife. I k ow she hates me, I just don't know why.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:56 pm
The surley bartender says I have 15 minutes, it's a Thursday and 10:45 after all. There's a couple, the bartender, the cook, and the owner's drunken wife. I k ow she hates me, I just don't know why.
When you both were drunk years ago you didn`t bite on her approaching you
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:23 pm
baby beers

Tee hee! Comical image in my mind.
Okole maluna!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

LOL, my hope was that this thread could be used for people when they were out and wanted to describe just what was going on. This night was actually pretty awesome because the Surely Bartender let us stay after closing, even thought the 'after closing' was a time she'd chosen that was long before the actual closing.

We still felt special, haha.

Earls
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Earls »

Rye and Coke wrote:
These two hipsters are running this poor bartender ragid ordering taste test shots of beer. Like they have six baby beers each. And they hate them ALL!!! ORDER SOMETHING YOU ASSES. Oh and they keep going on and on about the notes and flavors. Ugh! I hope they at least tip well if these are free.

I usually avoid this weird uppity bar, but it's down the street from my kids school and I have to pick him up early.
Pinkies up! Free flights for all..

ThirstyBirdy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by ThirstyBirdy »

Taxied out

Problem is with these fags i see before me, i was trained in an actual boxing school
Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!- Withnail

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

Earls wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:33 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:

yeah, but Mistah Willies is right, they did get a gaggle of free drinks out of the deal so who am I to judge?

Earls
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Earls »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:33 pm
Earls wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:33 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:

yeah, but Mistah Willies is right, they did get a gaggle of free drinks out of the deal so who am I to judge?
Heh.. truth. Couldn't have said it better myself, especially the bonus points.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

I just spent a good amount of my time with a Kris Kristofferson look-a-like while talking about star wars ect. My bartender is a star wars nerd....

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Star Wars nerds are the best. They absolutely love their movies. I love listening to them talk about it. I don't watch the movies, but I know so much about it just by listening to them talk.