Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Thompson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: Another Solo Mission

Post by Thompson »

We can say that now. I say that now. I drink alone, because one else is here. The old man went off for "a nap" a few hours ago, and he will not be up again, probably. Cancer treatment is hard on the system. He is through chemo but most nights, including tonight, he vomits. The chemo doc (my doc also) told him it is normal to vomit after treatment has ended. I didn't even puke during; I was just terribly tired.
[/quote]

Yeah man it is rotten. Ladybug had a radical mascectamy (sp) and they fucked up all the nerves in her right arm. The chemo treatment was a high dose clinical trial. She didn’t just vomit, she projectiled like that girl in The Exorcist. Could not keep any food or liquid down. Several emergency trips for extreme dehydration. The biggest thing to me though was they prescribed morphine and other pain killers to make up for (my guess) the botched lymph node surgery and told us it would heal in time. Well of course it didn’t heal in time and the new doctor after Katrina just cut her off of all pills. That was just swell of him. I’m glad I never got addicted to narcotics. To watch her deal with the withdrawal was very painful.
“Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.” — Harry Caray

Hack
Tippler
Tippler

Re: Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

Post by Hack »

whiskeyprick wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:19 pm
Was gonna go out, but I need a shower and I'm lazy. Think I'll just sit here and drink-MH. Don't even know if I could handle a drunk dial.
I highly recommend shower drinking If you don't mind the water/ electric bill.

Pushing in a cork with a padlock works much better than a pen. However, I had to finish it with a pen. I used the writing side. It exploded in the wine. Apparently up to 50mL of ink is safe. It certainly has a bit of an aftertaste. It the taste fondly brings back memories of my school days.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

^^^ I just remember drinking in a hot tub would give me heartattacks. Atleast in a shower you can turn the temp down
Drink!

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Hack wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:21 pm
whiskeyprick wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:19 pm
Was gonna go out, but I need a shower and I'm lazy. Think I'll just sit here and drink-MH. Don't even know if I could handle a drunk dial.
I highly recommend shower drinking If you don't mind the water/ electric bill.
and brushing your teeth after if you are leaving heaven and going out.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald