Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

Post by benitobeast69 »

I quite agree mate... I'm not gonna moan about the restrictions but while they're in play I certainly don't wanna frequent the pubs.

The whole point of going to a pub/bar is the opposite of social distancing....if not i could just drink at home for a quarter of the price.

fuck not being able to sit or stand at the bar

fuck table service

fuck having to order food to get a beer like you have to currently in some parts of England.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

I'm currently getting drunk in my 'bomb shelter' mad at the world and myself while trying to finish the last of this work so I can actually be off for Christmas...

I have a bottle of Redemption Rye and a bottle of Bulleit Rye

2 on 1 and I'm kicking both of their asses
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:22 pm
I'm currently getting drunk in my 'bomb shelter' mad at the world and myself while trying to finish the last of this work so I can actually be off for Christmas...

Are you one of those people who were transformed into a work-from-home employee by the Plague?

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

the last of the WT101 all by my lonesome. Listening to the Surreal McCoys station on Pandora.

Right now it's Hayes Carrl singing Ray Whilie Hubbards Drunken Poet's DReam
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:24 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:22 pm

Are you one of those people who were transformed into a work-from-home employee by the Plague?

Yup, i was one of the lucky ones in that aspect. Have my work station and my bar, I only need to leave for food and liquid provisions
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

I'm doing it now chaps!

My drunken spotify playlist in the background. "I wouldn't believe your radio" by the Sterophonics has come on. Fucking hell I love this song. It unleashes the wanderlust in me, I think partially because the tune is basically what they used in the opening of Euan McGregor and Charlie Boorman's series "Long Way Round".

Was making Rum based Iced coffee type drinks before, but now i've ran out of ice. Kind of similar to a black russian I guess, but with Jamican 62 white rum.

I'm also suffering abit with what we refer to in the UK as a "Dicky tummy". I was somewhat concerned that the length of time it takes me to clean up, that i'll lose my buzz. So after each bathroom break, a shot of vodka is consumed. Who said solo drinking couldn't be fun?

Fuck I don't know what i'm going to drink now that the ice is gone. Whisky or Brandy. What a decision to make. The whole weight of the world is on my shoulders. I suspect this is how Friedrich Ebert felt (Oettinger will know what i'm talking about) during the 1923 crisis. I've got the taste for brandy, but whisky will be better for my gutrot. Eine schwierige entscheidung!
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:21 am

I'm also suffering abit with what we refer to in the UK as a "Dicky tummy". I was somewhat concerned that the length of time it takes me to clean up, that i'll lose my buzz. So after each bathroom break, a shot of vodka is consumed. Who said solo drinking couldn't be fun?
That`s a solo mission where no company is ideal
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

oettinger wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:15 am
TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:21 am

That`s a solo mission where no company is ideal
could have done with that on xmas day night...we went to some couple friends of ours and i had mad shits all night... they don't mind us pissing in the back yard cause the toilet is 2 flights up....meant that when i went for a shit every 25 minutes of the night it was very obvious to everyone what was going on. hah
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Assholes, next year install an elevator
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Pretty much a solo mission for me today. The lady has been sleeping most of the day while I drink and do little things around the house and listen to music. Although she doesn't drink these days so every time I drink is more or less a solo mission for me.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

As I finish drinking myself to death is this filthy, disease ridden city - some of those people out there who hate me are not bad people. In fact, many of them are good people. I just wish they would take a minute and try to understand. To have some empathy. A little kindness.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Maybe I should try giving a little kindness myself.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Bah. fuck it. I'm 32 posts away from a thousand.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

A little over 12 hours ago some editor of a poetry journal left a voice mail telling me how talented I am. That my poem was "staggering." And I fell for it. I walked around in here all day thinking I'm the big shit. Fuck I'm such a vain idiot. If I had an ounce of integrity I would have called him back and told him to shove my fucking poem up his ass. I fell for it all like a dumbass

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

He didn't have to say all that shit. I look at his site and he has all the big hitters on there. And I want to belong so I keep quiet. It's some poem about current events so he wants it. And all those people he's published are going to love it. But the poem was a fucking joke. But I want in to that magazine. The best poets in America are in there. Joyce Carol Oates is in there. How the fuck am I supposed to turn that down. Fuck I drank too much whiskey tonight. It's 4 in the morning. I been drinking since 4 in the afternoon. Before that