Natural Ice

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Natural Ice

Post by Hugh »

Using the search function here doesn't reveal much. What I just discovered tonight at the liquor store, however, is that a 12-pack is only $10.33, the cheapest 12-pack I've found so far. Natural Ice seems to be well known for it's high ABV, 5.9%.

So, what is the "reputation" of Natural Ice? Is this a bum beer? Is it a college frat beer? The CVS Pharmacy has it in 30-packs, that sounds like it's a frat beer. But the liquor store sells it in single cans, that sounds like a bum beer.

At any rate, I can taste the higher ABV in this thing. I won't need as much whiskey as I do with Miller or Bud. I assume I'm in for a pretty bad hangover tomorrow morning.

(BTW, that 30-pack at CVS Pharmacy was only $16. I didn't think I could carry the damb thing home, though, so I didn't buy it.)

I don't like the can design. Black, electric blue, and silver. And that screaming bird coming out of the A. And the boast of 5.9% right there on under the brand name on the can. I've been staring at the can as I type this message trying to decide if they are making an appeal to bums or to frat houses. I just don't know.

But it is my new regular beer, assuming the liquor store keeps it in stock. I got the last 12-pack tonight. High ABV and easy on a laborer's paycheck. I like it.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Natural Ice

Post by Hugh »

AHA! There is no Facebook page dedicated to Natural Ice, but there is for Natural Light. And it has memes all over about paying off college debt. So that appears to be who they are appealing to. Well fuck them! I have just as much right to cheap beer as do college kids.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:57 am
So, what is the "reputation" of Natural Ice? Is this a bum beer? Is it a college frat beer? The CVS Pharmacy has it in 30-packs, that sounds like it's a frat beer. But the liquor store sells it in single cans, that sounds like a bum beer.

At any rate, I can taste the higher ABV in this thing. I won't need as much whiskey as I do with Miller or Bud. I assume I'm in for a pretty bad hangover tomorrow morning.

(BTW, that 30-pack at CVS Pharmacy was only $16. I didn't think I could carry the damb thing home, though, so I didn't buy it.)
It's designed for homeless bound college kids. For those bright young things studying the fine panhandling arts. Carrying 30 packs home is not fun, I've done it before. It's a fifteen minute walk home from the beer store and they get heavy real fast. But 30 packs are the cheapest beer option. And the Natty Ice hangover will be rough. My drinking life has improved in ways I can't describe since I stopped drinking it.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Natty Light was the first beer I got drunk off of, in college (late bloomer).

Beer pong and hangovers.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Nausea wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:53 pm
Natty Light was the first beer I got drunk off of, in college (late bloomer).

Beer pong and hangovers.
Nowadays it`s whiky tennis and deliriums
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Know beer pong, know hangovers

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:06 pm
So things are improving.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Nausea wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:57 pm
oettinger wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:06 pm
So things are improving.
Headed in all the right directions
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Drunken racquetball sounds like a good time...
...until I throw up from being so out of shape.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Nausea wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:12 pm
Drunken racquetball sounds like a good time...
...until I throw up from being so out of shape.

and with the very very last pick of the 2021 draft the Modern Drunkards select Nausea, from south colorado
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

i remember nearly 20 years ago back when i was a young teen drinker you could get Bud Ice in the UK..it was the only ice beer i remember.. and even that was perhaps only due to the cool shaped bottles...they were made up to look like they were made of ice.

it obviously never took off. I think overall UK beer drinking culture they prefer a weaker beer...4-5%... British drinking culture is all about the long haul..going to the pub and drinking all day long from morning till the next morning...obviously for us seasoned hands this isn't necessarily an issue but for the everyday man/woman it may be...I think this is why they like the 4-5% as they wanna keep drinking it all day and not even look like they're effected.

obviously I play for a different team...id love ice beer to be a thing here.

why i drink more euro lager than British beer to be honest.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis