The Internet is boring.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

The Internet is boring.

Post by Freddie AppsHero »

So I just cut ties with a forum I've been on for years because they were simply a bunch of dickheads, they did something that was way over the line. Coping alcohol: Lindeman's Cawarra Merlot 2010.

Is there anything else to do on the Internet, or am I just gonna have to start drinking more? I'd love to make this my regular forum but there isn't enough activity. :(

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: The Internet is boring.

Post by Mr. Viking »

when you drink more time speeds up, so people will post more often. Also everything they say will be more interesting
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Being in Australia (great country, btw), you're gonna have some time-zone issues to deal with. I'm in Belgium (ex-pat American) and I believe Mr. Viking is in Scotland.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Mr. Viking wrote:when you drink more time speeds up, so people will post more often. Also everything they say will be more interesting
this.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

peetie44 wrote:Being in Australia (great country, btw), you're gonna have some time-zone issues to deal with. I'm in Belgium (ex-pat American) and I believe Mr. Viking is in Scotland.
Oddly enough, it's it's 5:30 AM here, and it's really quiet. I figured there'd be a lot more foreigners.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

It's 6:30 pm here, so I'm off to the pub to get shitfaced
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

The Frederick wrote: Oddly enough, it's it's 5:30 AM here, and it's really quite. I figured there'd be a lot more foreigners.
19:30 (7:30pm) here. The traffic on this site waxes and wanes. The bulk of the posters are located in the States...but, as was suggested in another thread, facebook may be siphoning off a lot of the usual traffic. Friday nights (@Eastern Time in the States) are usually happening.

What do you like to drink, Frederick?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

peetie44 wrote:
The Frederick wrote: Oddly enough, it's it's 5:30 AM here, and it's really quite. I figured there'd be a lot more foreigners.
19:30 (7:30pm) here. The traffic on this site waxes and wanes. The bulk of the posters are located in the States...but, as was suggested in another thread, facebook may be siphoning off a lot of the usual traffic. Friday nights (@Eastern Time in the States) are usually happening.

I'm wondering if nowadays we don't have something like a 30-40% European participation in those pages. Alcohol seems to unit old and new continent. An other booze-based miracle to drink to.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

peetie44 wrote:19:30 (7:30pm) here. The traffic on this site waxes and wanes. The bulk of the posters are located in the States...but, as was suggested in another thread, facebook may be siphoning off a lot of the usual traffic. Friday nights (@Eastern Time in the States) are usually happening.

I'll drink virtually anything. But my favourites are vodka, usually on rocks or neat (although not Smirnoff, I've gotten good enough at tasting vodka that I can tell that Smirnoff isn't that good), Buckfast, mead, and an Australian beer called Beez Neez (made from wheat and honey).

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

The Frederick wrote: I'll drink virtually anything. But my favourites are vodka, usually on rocks or neat (although not Smirnoff, I've gotten good enough at tasting vodka that I can tell that Smirnoff isn't that good), Buckfast, mead, and an Australian beer called Beez Neez (made from wheat and honey).
I'm a beer and whisky drinker (scotch/bourbon) myself. If I drink vodka, it's in a mixed drink...so I tend to go for the cheap stuff. However, for a voddy martini, I might splurge on Grey Goose or Belvedere.

What is Buckfast...? I've heard that name before?

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

It's an English fortified wine, with a massive caffeine content. Notorious as the drink of choice for young trouble makers in Scotland. You probably heard the name from me, I posted here that I was drinking it.

I usually make my own vodka, so I can tolerate low quality spirits. But I figure, if I'm paying for it, I might as well get something decent.

I like beer, but I think I have a problem with wheat, rye, etc., I get a lot of reflux from beer. When I do drink it, I like Beez Neez, Newcastle Brown, James Squire Sundown Lager.

Not huge on whiskey. Nothing against it, I just prefer vodka. Last whiskey I had was some Bell's a friend gave me, wasn't too bad, but only ended up having a few sips and then was "jumped" by my friend.

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Mr. Viking wrote:when you drink more time speeds up, so people will post more often. Also everything they say will be more interesting
Actually, now that I think about it, times goes more slowly for me.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

The Frederick wrote:
Actually, now that I think about it, times goes more slowly for me.
Then you have a chance to get a few more drinks in.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

The Frederick wrote:It's an English fortified wine, with a massive caffeine content. Notorious as the drink of choice for young trouble makers in Scotland. You probably heard the name from me, I posted here that I was drinking it.

I usually make my own vodka, so I can tolerate low quality spirits. But I figure, if I'm paying for it, I might as well get something decent.

I like beer, but I think I have a problem with wheat, rye, etc., I get a lot of reflux from beer. When I do drink it, I like Beez Neez, Newcastle Brown, James Squire Sundown Lager.

Not huge on whiskey. Nothing against it, I just prefer vodka. Last whiskey I had was some Bell's a friend gave me, wasn't too bad, but only ended up having a few sips and then was "jumped" by my friend.
Well, actually, Buckfast is originally French, but believe me, we're not exactly proud about this one.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Mr Boozificator wrote: Well, actually, Buckfast is originally French, but believe me, we're not exactly proud about this one.
Right up there with spreadable goose liver, eh?