The say what's on your mind thread ....

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Savage

Post by Savage »

Hey, I live to serve. I was a Girl Scout, and I was almost a nun. And BTW, how ya doin' Palinka?

and damn. I lost my straw. i have to drink straight from the glass. Civilization is on the decline, I tell ya.
like tears in rain

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: The say what's on your mind thread ....

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Beggin Strips taste nothing like bacon.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Bur wrote:
ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Bur wrote:We almost got a school massacre in this country again, randomly shooting people seems to be growing in popularity as past time in scandinavia. Luckily there was some teacher around to whom managed to bodyslam the shooter through table or something before shit really hit the fan.
ARM THE CH8ILDREN! AND THE TEACHERS! AND THE POOR!
You say the nicest things, but giving guns to poor people like me would just be waste of time. They'd be sold to criminals for booze money.
I happen to be preparing a general take over in Europe and encourage you to pursue those sweet sweet ideas.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

Here's what I have to say: I like building stuff out of wood outdoors this time of year when the air gets that first touch of crispness.

http://hollandwoodshop.blogspot.com/

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Aloysius82 wrote:Here's what I have to say: I like building stuff out of wood outdoors this time of year when the air gets that first touch of crispness.

http://hollandwoodshop.blogspot.com/
I love it until I catch my finger on something and it is the worst pain imaginable
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Loaded with the cold. Always happens at this time of the year, but I've been particularly unwell this past week. I wish I had no nose.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Shane's Dentist wrote:Loaded with the cold. Always happens at this time of the year, but I've been particularly unwell this past week. I wish I had no nose.
careful what you wish for, who nose where you'll end up
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Mr. Viking wrote:
Shane's Dentist wrote:Loaded with the cold. Always happens at this time of the year, but I've been particularly unwell this past week. I wish I had no nose.
careful what you wish for, who nose where you'll end up
The nose knows, right?!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

hang 'em high wrote:Well, it looks like this thread has[...]a long and healthy life...
Narf!

"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

"What're we going to do tonight, Brain?"

"Same thing we do every night, Pinky. Drink."

---

Got some funny looks upon buying wine at 1030 this morning. Responded with a big smile. My work for the week is done. My fun is just beginning.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Shane's Dentist wrote:"What're we going to do tonight, Brain?"

The amount of times that this dialogue has been used on this board. Well, it brings a nostalgic tear to my eye to see it again.
Shane's Dentist wrote:Got some funny looks upon buying wine at 1030 this morning. Responded with a big smile. My work for the week is done. My fun is just beginning.
You are clearly going to the wrong shops, my dear fellow. At my corner store they see me walk through the door and immediately have the wine, vodka and grapefruit juice ready. Seriously, I don't even need a shopping basket. All bagged, ready to collect; I hand over the correct money and away we go. Come to think of it, I don't actually recall speaking, in that shop, for a few months now...
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Palinka wrote:
Shane's Dentist wrote:"What're we going to do tonight, Brain?"

The amount of times that this dialogue has been used on this board. Well, it brings a nostalgic tear to my eye to see it again.
Shane's Dentist wrote:Got some funny looks upon buying wine at 1030 this morning. Responded with a big smile. My work for the week is done. My fun is just beginning.
You are clearly going to the wrong shops, my dear fellow. At my corner store they see me walk through the door and immediately have the wine, vodka and grapefruit juice ready. Seriously, I don't even need a shopping basket. All bagged, ready to collect; I hand over the correct money and away we go. Come to think of it, I don't actually recall speaking, in that shop, for a few months now...
Genuinely had no idea about the dialogue. Seemed appropriate...but I'm going to have that fucking theme song stuck in my head all day now...

Wrong shops indeed. The M&S closest to my university sells fairly cheap 1L bottles of Italian/French red wine. It's nothing great, but it'll ready me for the pub tonight.

All the best, Palinka! Cheers!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Shane's Dentist wrote:Genuinely had no idea about the dialogue. Seemed appropriate...but I'm going to have that fucking theme song stuck in my head all day now...
Ahhh...Well, I have been here quite a long time (16th April will mark a decade on, and off, this board). In fact, I seem to have become de facto "Board Historian" (but I shall endeavour to be less tedious than Bill Wyman). And to help you with that theme song, click here.
Shane's Dentist wrote:...Wrong shops indeed. The M&S closest to my university sells fairly cheap 1L bottles of Italian/French red wine. It's nothing great, but it'll ready me for the pub tonight...
Whatever works for you, old chap.
Shane's Dentist wrote:...All the best, Palinka! Cheers!
And to you, dear fellow.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

hossthomas
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by hossthomas »

what's on my mind is the fact that i'm havin a gout attack in my left ankle, which is the opposite side from my normally afflicted foot/ankle. also, i've worked 50 hours so far this week, got 10 more tomorrow, then a 72 hour week startin monday.

damn this beer is sure tastin good.
into each life a little stroh's must fall - surreal

i told my landlord and all the other tenants they could fuck off if they don't like hank- hellbound glory

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Wha da tah
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought