An epiphany

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

SternoBoy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

An epiphany

Post by SternoBoy »

It's been awhile since I last posted but lately I really haven't had much of value to contribute until...

The other day I found myself thinking of nasal mucous (as I often do). Just how much snot does the average person produce in a day? Ladies and gentlemen, we truly live in the golden age of information for in seconds I had my answer from Google: about 240mL per day. That's about 1.75 liters a week, the vast majority of which is swallowed. Hmm, I thought, 1.75 liters is a handle. So it's like once a week God hands you handle of snot and says, "Here ya' go laddie, youse gots to make it last a week. Now drink up, that's a good lad!"
I'm drunk and I vote

Palinka (RIP)

Re: An epiphany

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Well, that's not quite accurate. One produces about 250mls of mucous per day (which isn't quite the same as "snot", being that a large percentage of it is saliva and salivary amalyase (an important enzyme) without the saliva, one would soon develop breathing difficulties and withouth the enzyme, one would develop gastric problems).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

To say nothing of all the spiders we swallow.

AND DON'T BOTHER SNOPES-ING ME I KNOW THEY ARE IN THE POCKET OF "BIG SPIDER"
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Seriously, if I snorked/swallowed a handle of snot a week, I would consult a physician. I mean, seriously. How gullible are you?
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Oh, but speaking of medical issues, why is my left hand icy cold, while my right hand is body temperature? And why can I not sleep? And why is there no more bourbon? Oh, I know the answer to that one. He left for work about four hours ago.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

There once was this twisted biology teacher at my school who collected a glass full of his own saliva and asked the pupils to drink it, cause its all the same stuff we produce he said so no reason to be grossed...
That guy often had to change schools beacuse of stunts like these but could never be fired, because in germany once you are a magistrate (is that the right term?) barring molesting or killing two or three pupils that`s almost impossible.
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

oettinger wrote:There once was this twisted biology teacher at my school who collected a glass full of his own saliva and asked the pupils to drink it, cause its all the same stuff we produce he said so no reason to be grossed...
That guy often had to change schools beacuse of stunts like these but could never be fired, because in germany once you are a magistrate (is that the right term?) barring molesting or killing two or three pupils that`s almost impossible.
We got that beat, here. Some perverted son of a bitch had blindfolded kids eating his spunk. I say, let's go all middle eastern on him. Bring on the stones.
like tears in rain

SternoBoy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by SternoBoy »

Palinka wrote:Well, that's not quite accurate. One produces about 250mls of mucous per day (which isn't quite the same as "snot", being that a large percentage of it is saliva and salivary amalyase (an important enzyme) without the saliva, one would soon develop breathing difficulties and withouth the enzyme, one would develop gastric problems).
Darn, I found yet another interweb reference claiming total daily mucus production at 1 to 1.5 liters a day. I presume this includes respiratory and gut.

I didn't have a problem with a handle of mucus a week but 7 to 10.5 liters a week? That's disgusting.
I'm drunk and I vote

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Hey, pal. Are you trying to mucous sick?

That's snot very funny.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ