Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by scream ale »

oettinger wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:53 pm

And I shat three times
Nothing wrong with being regular.
It's irregularity you gotta watch out for.
It'll fuck your shit up.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

scream ale wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:19 pm
It'll fuck your shit up.
And it'll shit your shit down.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: So, ah, I might be spending a LOT of quality time here soon...

Post by Rye and Coke »

Pull up a stool to the bar. We're all in it for the long haul.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

There's a pinhole leak in a cold water line for a shower, so I need to take down an overhead, a false bulkhead, weld up some temporary I beams, then rig of an oxy-acetyline torch burn out a steel bulkhead, braze up the leak, then weld the steel bulkhead back in, remove the I beams, then replace the false bulkhead, then put the overhead back.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:42 pm
There's a pinhole leak in a cold water line for a shower, so I need to take down an overhead, a false bulkhead, weld up some temporary I beams, then rig of an oxy-acetyline torch burn out a steel bulkhead, braze up the leak, then weld the steel bulkhead back in, remove the I beams, then replace the false bulkhead, then put the overhead back.
That sounds like HT work. Were you an HT?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:48 pm
Merchant Seaman wrote:
That sounds like "We are fishermen, we don`t shower for weeks"
Drink!

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Hugh wrote:
Merchant Seaman wrote:
Many years ago, like when everyone called Debby Harry Blondie, on a merchant ship it is not that specialized, most of the black gang could do the same work.

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

oettinger wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 7:03 pm
Hugh wrote:
Merchant Seaman wrote:
That sounds like "We are fishermen, we don`t shower for weeks"
I haven't been a commercial fisherman for many years, like since Mariah Carey was popular, the shower is fixed, tomorrow I just need to put the bulkheads back, everyone on board has a private stateroom and head.

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Sailed from Naha last night, anchored at Ningbo, enjoying a glass of Irish before bed

ETOPS
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by ETOPS »

Slow sunday,

day 4 of a 3 week holiday. Nothing planned yet and the weather is shit.

Woke up early, fixed the kids with diapers, bottles of milk and a cartoon, arranged breakfast for me and the wife. Now everybody is dispersed around the house doing whatever.

I'm hanging around my office, doing some reading, listening to classic rock radio and just openend beer #7.
Tonight probably Chinese takeout and then football (soccer for our American brethren) on tv.

ETOPS
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by ETOPS »

*update*

Watching the Formula 1 race in Monaco on TV, not a huge F1 fan but this one is nice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

ETOPS wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:02 am
*update*

Watching the Formula 1 race in Monaco on TV, not a huge F1 fan but this one is nice
F 1 was cool when drivers did die. Nowadays not so much

What is your soccer team?
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Woke lat and got the bike out to ride to a buddy's then ride to an actual live music event. Problem was the bike wouldn't start. I'm shit for keeping it on a battery tender over the winters and after 2 usch winters thew battery took a shit.

Went and got a battery and figured since the plans were fucked I'd give a go fittring my new saddle bag and seat. Turns out the saddle bag I bought won't fit the current bag bracket. Shit.

Got shit to grill and drink and said fuck it to bike repair and refit for the weekend.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

ETOPS
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by ETOPS »

oettinger wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 3:01 pm
ETOPS wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:02 am
*update*

F 1 was cool when drivers did die. Nowadays not so much

What is your soccer team?
Yup, totally true; F1 is actually getting boring with all the excitement taken out.
My soccer team is Ajax, doing great in the national league but average on European level..Dutch soccer had better days

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Logged about 400 miles driving on Saturday. Finally reached my destination, then made with thirsty haste to the clubhouse near my cabin. The special was prime rib sandwich with choice of fries, onion rings or baked potato. Ordered 4 Long Island Tea with dinner and, quite remarkably, the bill came to only $40 and some change (plus tip, of course). Tacked on a Jameson double for dessert and sat out on the patio for a smoke in the sun and the breeze off the lake watching drunk golfers make their drives for the 9th hole.

Worked most of Sunday installing garage doors on a 60 x 40’ pole building, which didn’t really seem like work given the endless supply of beer and ham sandwiches. Then did the "lather, rinse, repeat" at the clubhouse with however many Makers lemonades I ended up drinking.

For whatever reason, my stomach hasn’t been fucking with me lately and I seem fairly resilient to hangovers. Going to push my luck again tonight at the bar. Will give a full damage report tomorrow.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ