What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Merchant Seaman »

The Whiskey in my decanter, I don't remember what it is, it's a Bourbon, and I put more expensive Whiskies in my decanter, but I filled 5 months ago before I shipped, and I've forgotten what it is, it's good though.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:26 am
The Whiskey in my decanter, I don't remember what it is, it's a Bourbon, and I put more expensive Whiskies in my decanter, but I filled 5 months ago before I shipped, and I've forgotten what it is, it's good though.
Does the captain know you are drinking on the ship? You are going to get into big trouble.

Who is your girl in your Long Beach port? Maybe you should take a ride down to San Diego harbor and add some more girls to your little black book

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Hugh wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:36 am
Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:26 am
Does the captain know you are drinking on the ship? You are going to get into big trouble.

Who is your girl in your Long Beach port? Maybe you should take a ride down to San Diego harbor and add some more girls to your little black book
I'm not on a ship, I'm home, hence my decanter, but depending on the company, you're allowed to drink on the ship, after all we're not Uncle Sam's Canoe Club, on the ship I just paid off, I drank with the captains. In fact on that ship you could order booze duty free to be delivered on the ship, you didn't even have to carry your hooch up the gangway.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Enjoying a Manhattan at the moment. Feels odd but still fun.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Taking it easy with some Redbreast 12.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

After two very dull, obligatorily dry days (something about the covid vaccine I got not getting along with booze, don't know why), I finally cracked the bottle of Wild Turkey 101 I had in my cabinet for a special occasion. Drinking it neat for now, but I think I'll soon be switching to whiskey sours (using Four Roses, not my precious WT101) because the heatwave's too much for neat bourbon. Cheers and happy Monday, drunks!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

DrunkinEurope wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:56 pm
After two very dull, obligatorily dry days (something about the covid vaccine I got not getting along with booze, don't know why), I finally cracked the bottle of Wild Turkey 101 I had in my cabinet for a special occasion. Drinking it neat for now, but I think I'll soon be switching to whiskey sours (using Four Roses, not my precious WT101) because the heatwave's too much for neat bourbon. Cheers and happy Monday, drunks!
I can relate to your drinking experience after being vaccinated. I'm not sure if it was the combination of the two, or simply the vaccine itself, but I puked all night long and couldn't even hold water down. Probably best not to drink, to keep yourself hydrated and immune system in good shape, but I wanted to drink, damnit! Held off after that to heal properly.

Enjoy that 101.

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

Nausea wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:01 pm
DrunkinEurope wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:56 pm
I can relate to your drinking experience after being vaccinated. I'm not sure if it was the combination of the two, or simply the vaccine itself, but I puked all night long and couldn't even hold water down. Probably best not to drink, to keep yourself hydrated and immune system in good shape, but I wanted to drink, damnit! Held off after that to heal properly.

Enjoy that 101.
Oh, the 101 is supernal, I'm glad it managed to survive in the cabinet for a couple of months because it's a hard find here. Most liquor stores carry only the 81.
The nurse that vaccinated me told me "no alcohol for two days", so booze probably aggravates the symptoms caused by the vaccine. But spending a weekend guzzling water was rough!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Franzia Chillable Red. This makes two nights in a row that I got done with work early enough to pour the drinks when I got home. Due to a shortage of truck drivers, we can't get product into the distribution center here and our order fill rate has dropped to below 80%. And with enhanced unemployment scheduled to last until September 4, maybe I'll get a month of drinking after work.

I'd like to hit the bars once in a while on a weeknight, but that's where are the unemployment recipients are. There are no open stools at the bar anymore.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Do you like corduroy pants?

Just imagine how they'd taste as a whiskey! Wait, you don't have to, because there's Glendalough.

Use your best bottom-shelf swallowing techniques, and enjoy this "robust" whiskey as little as possible.

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

Tonight's ouzo night. With a couple of ice cubes and a splash of water, it's one of the best ways to combat the heatwave that has been ravaging us for more than a week.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Taking it easy with some Four Roses. Might try some of their other bottlings next.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ I have never had Four Roses. What would you compare it to?

At the moment I'm having some EW.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

scream ale wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:48 pm
^^^ I have never had Four Roses. What would you compare it to?
Four Roses is very light. It's like the Tullamore Dew of bourbons (I think I remember you drinking TD).

Easy sipping, with all the typical bourbon notes, although the wood is less present than with other bourbons.

It has a subtle sweetness to it. The only thing I dislike about it is that the finish is weak.

As a Buffalo Trace enthusiast, I think you would like it.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Yes I do sometimes go for a little Tully. Not my go to Irish but I do enjoy it. Sounds like I'll have to add Four Roses to my never ending list of stuff I need to try.