Today in my neighborhood...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Today in my neighborhood...

Post by Savage »

Savage wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:01 am
I kinda miss setting aside empty cans and bottles for that neat and polite homeless guy who used to rummage through the trash cans on our street.
But then I remember that he stopped showing up around the time the recycling dropoffs closed. I miss our old Halloweens, which were notorious and insane, with hundreds of kids, many being driven in from other neighborhoods.

First it was that we were in a new neighborhood, so few neighbors. Then the Covid. Last year, the year that Halloweeners had been looking forward to for years, was a big fat no-show. This year, whatever happens, we will decorate. The plague rat, disease carrying monkeys cannot squash our spirit, Even if Newsom declares trick or treating forbidden, we shall display. Display, to bring a bit of light (well, darkness) to these sad times.

We have two new displays. A Reaper-Charon in the boat, and a dark angel, 7 ft. tall. These things took two guys to put them in our garage. With two other guys standing around watching. Why is it that a job that can be done by two women takes two men and two or three other men to stand around watching? I lived for eight years in Japan, and same thing is true there.

Mermaid skelly and her mourning boney friend will make their appearance too. Also that Reaper that sort of leaps out at the tots will be there to greet them.

Okay, so it is not the Saturday Halloween that we dreamed of for years. But no matter what, Grumpy will be retired from govserv so he has no excuse to not help me achieve my vision.
like tears in rain

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

^^^ I really want to understand what he was trying to say. Go closer next time
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:58 am
^^^ I really want to understand what he was trying to say. Go closer next time
What? I’ve heard you speak that language before, like when you bellow for a hamburger or that third bottle of vodka.

And DON’T be suggesting he go closer. That’s close enough. These people all hopped up on monkey dust and tiger whiskey are less predictable than wild animals. No, the sensible thing would be to have video capability with a directional microphone and stabilized zoom. Oett could be the rodeo clown in case any of them try to charge so that Hugh could get away.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Badfellow wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:54 am
. Oett could be the rodeo clown in case any of them try to charge so that Hugh could get away.
That could be the very special episode of Today in my Neighborhood....just give Oett his hamburger and third bottle of vodka and send him out there to glory.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Again, in your piece "Shut the Fuck Up", you really capture the essence of primal, inebriative language in deranged individuals. In fact, when he gets überwasted, it’s practically Oettinger’s catch phrase. He can rifle off shut the fuck ups faster than an MG-42 machine gun.

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

Badfellow wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:23 am
Again, in your piece "Shut the Fuck Up", you really capture the essence of primal, inebriative language in deranged individuals. In fact, when he gets überwasted, it’s practically Oettinger’s catch phrase. He can rifle off shut the fuck ups faster than an MG-42 machine gun.
Its good to see Oettinger's kingship have made it across the pond. I'm 100% sure she must be his long lost relation. Probably made it to the Land of Free & Home of the Brave via Argentina at some point in the late 40s early 50s.
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Well, we will decorate. At least, give people something to look at. Halloween is coming. Have you bought your candy yet? Even after our previous neighborhood deteriorated into a slum, we still saw hundreds of TOTS and people taking photos and all. We'll see if this year's Halloween night draws them in. If not, Grumpy will court a case of type 2 diabetes in the weeks afterward, gobbling all the goodies.
like tears in rain

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Today in my neighborhood it was all good. Walked down to the local Mexican restaurant and had a Pacifico draft with two shredded beef crispy tacos. These are the best tacos around, juicy with a lot of crunch. Walked down to the pub up from the beach had another draft. Everyone rooting for their NFL team.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

^^^ If you made it to HughTV, you`re almost rich
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Why is it sideways?

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

For dramatic effect. He's getting arsty with it. Good for him.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

One of his best productions so far
Drink!