Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by scream ale »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:57 pm
Trading green beans for peppers. Beans were the only thing that grew this season, but with a vengance... too much, freezer overload
My freezer is chock full of peppers from the garden, berries from the farm market and panic bought meat from the store.

Ever tried canning? I did for the first time this year. Had so-so results. I could have done a lot worse.

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

scream ale wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:12 pm
oettinger wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:57 pm
Trading green beans for peppers. Beans were the only thing that grew this season, but with a vengance... too much, freezer overload
My freezer is chock full of peppers from the garden, berries from the farm market and panic bought meat from the store.

Ever tried canning? I did for the first time this year. Had so-so results. I could have done a lot worse.
Canning, or pickling, plus pickled peppers, green beans, what-have-you go great in cocktails

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Today I learned that my new home here in Georgia has an actual grave on it, I find this most cool, I will try and learn more and report back

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:36 pm
Today I learned that my new home here in Georgia has an actual grave on it, I find this most cool, I will try and learn more and report back
How exciting! I went to a realtor's open house for an old farmhouse once and it had a small domestic cemetery (family plot?) on the property, maybe about 10 headstones or so. It was dated from the 1800's and a bit overgrown. I would have loved having it, maintaining it and researching it too. But the house wasn't for me. Definitely looking forward to hearing your report back. Very intrigued!

I used to have a favorite past time of finding and visiting old graveyards...especially forgotten ones. I've seen some pretty trippy tombstones in my time.
Okole maluna!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:04 am
Merchant Seaman wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:36 pm
How exciting! I went to a realtor's open house for an old farmhouse once and it had a small domestic cemetery (family plot?) on the property, maybe about 10 headstones or so. It was dated from the 1800's and a bit overgrown. I would have loved having it, maintaining it and researching it too. But the house wasn't for me. Definitely looking forward to hearing your report back. Very intrigued!

I used to have a favorite past time of finding and visiting old graveyards...especially forgotten ones. I've seen some pretty trippy tombstones in my time.
my buddies house has gravestone on it from the late 1500's...dead fella was likely alive during the rein of Henry VIII lol
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Today, drove into Augusta, to take my beautiful and charming wife to her prenatal appointment, all is good, since we moved from Seattle we need to do bit of catch up, with the sawbones types.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:29 pm
my buddies house has gravestone on it from the late 1500's...dead fella was likely alive during the rein of Henry VIII lol
That is bad ass! Love that.
Okole maluna!

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Today,
I ventured out from my hamlet, in search of adventure, well mostly a liquor store, I headed south to the town of Loiusville, all in all a picturesque village, it has a huge antebellum courthouse, and a historic downtown, but of the two liquor stores I was trying to find, I didn't, fortunately I still have Whiskey, and beer id readily available here in Wrens, it's possible my liquor buying will have to take place in Augusta, not a huge worry, as there is a Costco there, however I will not have the selection I had in Seattle, for that matter I have almost always lived in large cities, so Wrens is a bit of a culture shock, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

I once more ventured out of my tiny town, and not much larger county, I visited the towns of Thomson, and Harlem, found some pizza joints, but finally bit the bullet, and made the round trip to Augusta, found a liquor store, purchased some Four Roses, and High Life, they do sell beer and wine in my tiny town, but not on Sunday

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:42 pm
but not on Sunday
assholes
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
they do sell beer and wine in my tiny town, but not on Sunday
I'm willing to bet people are still expected to show up to work on Sundays.

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

scream ale wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:23 pm
Merchant Seaman wrote:
they do sell beer and wine in my tiny town, but not on Sunday
I'm willing to bet people are still expected to show up to work on Sundays.
Of course

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

oettinger wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:10 pm
Merchant Seaman wrote:
but not on Sunday
assholes
Yup, fortunately, counties are small here

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:39 pm
Today,
I ventured out from my hamlet, in search of adventure, well mostly a liquor store, I headed south to the town of Loiusville, all in all a picturesque village, it has a huge antebellum courthouse, and a historic downtown, but of the two liquor stores I was trying to find, I didn't, fortunately I still have Whiskey, and beer id readily available here in Wrens, it's possible my liquor buying will have to take place in Augusta, not a huge worry, as there is a Costco there, however I will not have the selection I had in Seattle, for that matter I have almost always lived in large cities, so Wrens is a bit of a culture shock, any advice will be greatly appreciated.
can you not just but booze online man...amazon next day delivers loads of shit for great prices. or if you wanna keep supporting smaller business direct you can buy straight from the brewery/distillery for a lot of smaller companies. I took to doing this a lot during lockdown.. in the UK most breweries/distilleries do free next day shipping on orders over £30/40 which ins't too hard to make up to. I'd get regular beer/whiskey on my supermarket grocery delivery and then put in an order for something special for the weekend from an brewery i like.

Amazon prices can be unreal sometimes...I remember they had 24 racks of Heineken for £10 at one point and I've had £30 bottles of whiskey on offer for £14-£15
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Amazon doesn't sell booze in the U.S., there are other online sources, but they take a while, I'll still need local liquor stores, and as I said, the ones up in Augusta do sell on Sunday