What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:47 pm
Nausea wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:03 pm
I don't expect it to murder me in my sleep like some other unmentionables.
Kentucky Deluxe? Old Crow? The suspense is killing me!
Wild Nausea 101 would be my guess
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

More Arrogant Bastard for me.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Floating on the Vodkasippi river
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:53 pm
Floating on the Vodkasippi river
Getting ready to sink in Knob Creek myself.
Cheers!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Rolling Rock - will mix in some Gran Legacy whiskey later. I bought the last 1.75 liter bottle of Gran Legacy in the store today, I hope there isn't a shortage looming.

Rolling Rock is the cheapest 12-pack in my liquor store. A site search shows a few other people here drink it as well. It says 4.4% alcohol by volume, is that considered a light beer?

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:28 pm
I bought the last 1.75 liter bottle of Gran Legacy in the store today
Well done. Cheers!
Hugh wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:28 pm
It says 4.4% alcohol by volume, is that considered a light beer?
Christ...even regular Genny hovers around 5%

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

When I Googled "Is Rolling Rock..." autofinish already had "a light beer" about three lines down from the top. I clicked on it and here's what I found: https://www.thespruceeats.com/rolling-r ... iew-352942

From the review: It is purely a disappointment to see what big beer did to what was once a decent small-town beer. As of 2016, most experts who watch the beer industry do not predict a long future for Rolling Rock.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:24 pm
As of 2016, most experts who watch the beer industry do not predict a long future for Rolling Rock.
I honestly thought Rolling Rock was extinct until you started posting about it.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:44 pm
Hugh wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:24 pm
As of 2016, most experts who watch the beer industry do not predict a long future for Rolling Rock.
I honestly thought Rolling Rock was extinct until you started posting about it.
They used to export Rolling Rock to the UK way back when I was a little kid....defo not the case now. I remember it being extremely light tasting..verging on watery. Thought it was pretty cool as a little kid though as I'd seen it in US films/tv shows and it looked so different to a UK/Euro beer.

It was probably my joint fave beer around the age of 10-12...joint with Budweiser which I loved cause Stone Cold Steve Austin drank it. My dad used to give me a 6 pack of either to drink while watching Monday Night Raw and if my mum asked I had to tell her it was shandy. lol
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

This leaves me in a quandary. I've put away five cans of Rolling Rock and did not get the least bit drunk which means I have to start pouring the whiskey early. I'd like to save the whiskey for the end of the night.

The price of Natural Ice is the same as Rolling Rock, but I don't like Natty Ice. I don't like the look of the can, I don't like the way it tastes after it starts warming up. So the next choice would be Miller High Life 12-pack cans, but the liquor store keeps running out. I think I was the only one who bought it. And Bud is more than $12 for a 12-pack.

If my mentor were here today (he died 9 years ago) he would tell me to stick with the boxed wine. That's what he drank, and I do too, sometimes. But other times I want the extra kick of beer/whiskey. It really gets me drunk.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Can someone explain the nuance of can vs. bottle? There used to be a beer commercial on TV where the dumb-voice guy shouted, "Bottled beer taste - IN A CAN!" When I just went to the Miller High Life website, all the pics were of bottles. I'd rather have cans.

And it looks like Miller is only .2% better than Rolling Rock.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:01 pm
Can someone explain the nuance of can vs. bottle? There used to be a beer commercial on TV where the dumb-voice guy shouted, "Bottled beer taste - IN A CAN!" When I just went to the Miller High Life website, all the pics were of bottles. I'd rather have cans.

Well, stuff in a can tastes canned. Glass is the thing to use. The church doesn't cover it's windows with stained metal, does it?
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Savage wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:11 am
Hugh wrote:

Well, stuff in a can tastes canned. Glass is the thing to use. The church doesn't cover its windows with stained metal, does it?
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Oh, and a handy drunkard tip: If you have any connection to a military member, go to one of their beaches with them. You can drink booze there, Just no glass, so bring a cup for your champagne or bourbon or whatever. Sippy cups are good, as it is difficult to spill from them.
like tears in rain

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Hugh wrote:

the whole bottle beer is better is a thing of the past...canned beer used to be sub par in comparison but it's just not the case anymore. canned beer is usually far better than bottled beer nowadays due to zero light and oxygen being able to get in...also the canning tech itself has improved so much..no one gets tinny tasting beer anymore.

By far the best way to protect beer against both off flavors and its inevitable dulling of flavor over time is to buy it in cans.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis