Doc Wants to Make Me a Tee-Totaler

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Doc Wants to Make Me a Tee-Totaler

Post by Absinthe Of Malice »

The short story: pre-diabetic, BMI 35.5, hypertensive, yada yada yada. I had a long discussion RE: liver enzyme levels, alcoholism and fatty liver disease, my weight, my blood pressure, my health, etc...

He fucking challenged me to go dry for 2 weeks and I accepted only because he was a little prickish about it. "Oh only do that if you can do so safely. You won't get the shakes or anything will you? I only want you to do this if you won't get sick..." IDGAF if I do get the shakes and I'm not going to get anything worse than some mild tremors. I can be quite stubborn.
Absinthe Of Malice wrote:I don't even drink that much and I can quit whenever I like!
and other goddam lies...

OTOH, I don't want to join the ranks of the Departed yet...
DRINK!
RIP Bill, aka mistah willies

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Doc Wants to Make Me a Tee-Totaler

Post by Merchant Seaman »

The hell of it is, drinking, or getting high at all, is always presented as an all or nothing proposition, there's never a happy medium

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

No that’s true. And he said he’d let me live my life and do as I please after one “dry” liver function test and ultrasound.

He was such an ass about it that I took the challenge, just to prove him wrong.

Two weeks undrunk ain’t so bad and I get to prove him wrong. I am thinking a rousing “Nyah-Nyah-Nyah-Nyah” should do it although I may bring a flask to his office and guzzle it.
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I`d give the doc AD`s urine sample:

A) I`m pregnant,

B) and gonna die from citruses of the liverbrain within the next 25 years

But call me impressed, two full weeks in the desert! Nuts
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Your BMI is high. Dr. Savage prescribes plenty of booze, but no mixers, other than water or ice. Watch the pounds drop away! And tell that doc to bite your ____
like tears in rain

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Yeah so I had a follow up today..

He had been so prickish about it, I had to say something.

I told him I didn't have the shakes, I wasn't tied to a table, I wasn't seeing Ray Milland riding pink elephants....I'll do his test and I won't call him a dick again if he doesn't bust my balls condescendingly again. If we have to keep talking about it, I'll find another doc.

Moses spent 40 days and 40 nights in the desert. I can do 14 standing on my fuckin' head.

But when that time spent in the desert is over, straight to the nearest oasis.

But no mixers, as per Dr Savage.
DRINK!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Absinthe Of Malice wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:46 pm
The short story: pre-diabetic, BMI 35.5, hypertensive, yada yada yada. I had a long discussion RE: liver enzyme levels, alcoholism and fatty liver disease, my weight, my blood pressure, my health, etc...

He fucking challenged me to go dry for 2 weeks and I accepted only because he was a little prickish about it. "Oh only do that if you can do so safely. You won't get the shakes or anything will you? I only want you to do this if you won't get sick..." IDGAF if I do get the shakes and I'm not going to get anything worse than some mild tremors. I can be quite stubborn.
Absinthe Of Malice wrote:I don't even drink that much and I can quit whenever I like!
and other goddam lies...

OTOH, I don't want to join the ranks of the Departed yet...
Meh, think of drinking as any other sport. Even Michael Jordan didn't play a whole game straight, he took breaks between quarters, halftime, and even an offseason. Hell, he even took an extended leave of absence to fumble around like earnest p worrell with a baseball bat.

All that being said, take a break if need be, just so you can be refreshed and ready for war upon your return, like MJ wearing the 45.

I know I'll be here, tending the flame at the lighthouse for you...
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

There’s a fair amount of evidence to suggest that choline is one of the nutrients used to treat fatty liver. Eggs are an excellent source of choline if you don’t feel like taking supplements. Bacon is also a good source of choline, although it won’t do your BMI any favors. Cheers to your health, sir.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

I appreciate the wishes for better health, all. I was feeling a bit discouraged. Will start choline and vitamin E ASAP, as those both seem to be key to this thing.
DRINK!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Grumpy used to work nights, from 4 pm to 6 am. When he came home, he ate bacon and eggs and toast and bourbon. He is old and still alive. Anecdotal evidence is the best evidence. Also, before work, he ate beef and potatoes and some veggies I made him eat. So there. He is old and never fat.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Also, I was in a coma for 11 days and had IVs and a machine hooked up to me and when I came home I didn't want to eat anything but a buttered english muffin half with mayonnaise, jack cheese,onion,and bacon on top. Grumpy made it for me and I got better. I do believe I drank bourbon also, and I remember I didn't take those eighty-fourteen pills I was supposed to take, even though I still had that damn machine hooked up to me. Do not listen to doctors all the time. Grumpy's childhood family doctor was an obese slob who smoked heavily and probably drank, too.
like tears in rain

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

As per Willie Nelson, there are more old drunkards than there are old doctors, so that all checks out...
DRINK!

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Just like fuckin' Moses

After 30 days in the deserts' dryness, I am fixing to drink milk and honey, feast on manna, and some Dickel BIB.

Amen, Selah and Mahalo.
DRINK!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Cheers to celebrating in style with BIB Dickel!

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

When it stops being fun you stop.
Other than that, let no fucker tell you how you should spend your time.
We're all going to die, but, you, and only you get to decide what you are going to do with your time.
No one else.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.