What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by benitobeast69 »

White Russians with added espresso at the min...gonna be reaching for a beer soon though.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Slowly making my way through the last of the Old Forester.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Franzia Chillable Red. The price went up one dollar per box since a few days ago. It's now $11.99 on sale.

A few months ago I had a $25 Visa gift card that I didn't really know what to do with, so I used it to buy two boxes of wine which was $23.98. Now it's $25.98. If I had waited I would have had to find something else to use that gift card for.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:39 pm
If I had waited I would have had to find something else to use that gift card for.
Cheap beer?

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:46 pm
Hugh wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:39 pm
If I had waited I would have had to find something else to use that gift card for.
Cheap beer?
If I could get it in a quantity that would come to almost exactly $25 - YES!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Ever pick up a sixer of porter and get home crack into it and wish you had bought something like a scotch ale instead?
Better a porter that tastes like a porter than an IPA that tastes like fruit juice.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:29 am
White Russians with added espresso at the min...gonna be reaching for a beer soon though.
You are proof that one espresso doesn`t wake up a drunk hippo. Or one whisky bottle doesn`t make a dead whale float

I`m having vodka. Or the vodka is having me. Who cares, right?!
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

My hunt for the cheapest beer continues. I picked up a 12-pack of Tecate and wasn't worried about the fact that there was no price tag - because it was on the bottom shelf of the cooler near the Rolling Rock and Natty Ice. Got quite a surprise at the register though - it was $13.57. Budweiser is only $12.49. Why would Tecate, only at 4.5 ABV, be more expensive than Bud? Oh, well. Tonight it will be cans of Tecate and later I'll throw in the Gran Legacy whiskey.

There are a lot of beers missing from the liquor store that used to be there. No Natty Ice, no Miller in cans, and there are a few empty spots in the cooler that is usually fully stocked. I can't believe this is related to the supply chain crackup, but what else could it be?

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

I think I taste corn in this Tecate beer?

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

I brought this home from the liquor store hours ago, but every can I open spews over.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Hugh wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:33 pm
yeah it uses corn as an adjunct....also as to its price I'd assume it's imported from Mexico rather than brewed domestically on licence.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Been on a bender since Wednesday night. Tonight it'll be Franzia Chillable Red. I went looking through my folders of stories and poems and found 7 stories and essays that have just been sitting there for months, forgotten about. They're too long for most places these days, but I'm going to try them out anyway.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:45 pm
Hugh wrote:
yeah it uses corn as an adjunct....also as to its price I'd assume it's imported from Mexico rather than brewed domestically on licence.
Yep, says right on the box that it's brewed in Mexico. Sometime back I wanted to try English beer and they had a six pack of Bass at my liquor store. I sat there all night thinking I was drinking English beer until I read on the bottle that it was brewed in New Fucking York.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ I've noticed that too. What is Bass trying to pull?

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Hugh wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:40 pm
benitobeast69 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:45 pm
Hugh wrote:
Yep, says right on the box that it's brewed in Mexico. Sometime back I wanted to try English beer and they had a six pack of Bass at my liquor store. I sat there all night thinking I was drinking English beer until I read on the bottle that it was brewed in New Fucking York.
I'm not sure I've seen Bass ale in a pub/shop in the past 5 years. Their wiki says "Bass Ale is a top ten premium canned ale in the UK"...I'm not really sure that's saying much though as the vast majority of ale is sold bottled or casked in the UK.

Your NY brewed product is still no less authentic than the Bass Ale I would buy anyway as they now brew their UK beer under licence at Marstons brewery.