Today in my neighborhood...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Today in my neighborhood...

Post by Hugh »

This guy drove through my neighborhood trying to stir up some shit. As I was snapping this photo people from the gay bar were yelling FUCK YOU

The Pub

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I want to go to The Laser cafe now
Drink!

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Backbone Robby Bobby »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:06 am
Is it far away from The three legged cowboy? Is it the same owner as The Head Hunter? Is it walking distance from The Sausage Factory? Is there afternoon tea as at The Cockpit?

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:13 pm
This guy drove through my neighborhood trying to stir up some shit. As I was snapping this photo people from the gay bar were yelling FUCK YOU
I think pointing and laughing would have more of an affect than lashing out.
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:06 am
They have Botox and lasers, but they don’t serve soy lattes; I called and checked.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hugh wrote:
Why do people cruise around with big ass flags mounted in their dick-up trucks? Wouldn't a bumper sticker work just as well? Or just paint the vehicle to represent your favorite country or latest idiot fad.

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

scream ale wrote:

Why do people cruise around with big ass flags mounted in their dick-up trucks? Wouldn't a bumper sticker work just as well? Or just paint the vehicle to represent your favorite country or latest idiot fad.
You mean when they ask to block whole avenues to march with big ass rainbow flags and big floats full of dancers just to tell everybody they like to be buttfucked? Wouldn't a rainbow bumper sticker work just as well?

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Backbone Robby Bobby wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:58 am
scream ale wrote:

You mean when they ask to block whole avenues to march with big ass rainbow flags and big floats full of dancers just to tell everybody they like to be buttfucked? Wouldn't a rainbow bumper sticker work just as well?
Is the gay-bashing really necessary?

And you know the reason why some of us dislike the Confederate flag and what it stands for. But at least we aren't disrespectful about it.

What about Irish pride parades on St. Pat's day? Do you hate those equally? I bet not.
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Maybe it's more common where I live. Seeing people driving pick up trucks (and it's always pick up trucks) with big ass flags mounted in the back. Like something that should be flying in your front yard. It's usually a U.S. flag or a fuck joe biden flag or Trump 2024. Sometimes even a Trump 2020 flag. Wouldn't a bumper sticker get the job done?

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

scream ale wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:26 am
Maybe it's more common where I live. Seeing people driving pick up trucks (and it's always pick up trucks) with big ass flags mounted in the back. Like something that should be flying in your front yard. It's usually a U.S. flag or a fuck joe biden flag or Trump 2024. Sometimes even a Trump 2020 flag. Wouldn't a bumper sticker get the job done?
Yep a bumper sticker would suffice. And funny too, how many people do y'all see driving around with FUCK TRUMP flags? Case in point.
Okole maluna!

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:05 am
Backbone Robby Bobby wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:58 am
scream ale wrote:

Is the gay-bashing really necessary?

And you know the reason why some of us dislike the Confederate flag and what it stands for. But at least we aren't disrespectful about it.

What about Irish pride parades on St. Pat's day? Do you hate those equally? I bet not.
No gay bashing or St Patrick bashing from me more than there was bashing of conservative-big-ass-cars-and-flags in the first place right here in this conversation.
I'm just pointing out that often, "the world champions of Tolerance" are only tolerant...with people who share their views.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

I guess the point really is...Irish and Gay pride parades are all about camaraderie and love and joyfulness. What exactly is the point of the Confederate flag flying? What are you representing exactly?
Okole maluna!

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:08 am
I guess the point really is...Irish and Gay pride parades are all about camaraderie and love and joyfulness. What exactly is the point of the Confederate flag flying? What are you representing exactly?
all about camaraderie and love and joyfulness
I guess you've heard the phrase the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I'm not obsessed with any flag. I just don't see any conservative young people breaking down statues of poets and authors from last century just because they were liberal and/or gay.

When it comes to the rebel flag, I believe it now has been exterminated. So it's a win for its opponents. Myself, I only see the rebel flag as a symbol from where rock'n roll music begun when rythm and blues+country made a baby.
I just want the rebel flag to be a symbol of the heritage of Bill Haley, Little Richard, Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis VS DJs and autotuners.
I just want space for rock'n roll music and fashion in our inner cities.
I want club owners to pay a trio of musician $500 instead of paying DJs and see more kids carrying their double bass in the streets and subways.
That's what I see in the rebel flag. No black and white shit. Fuck black and white shit.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

This spot is known as "Camelot" by the bums and crackheads that live there. I knew a guy who lived there about a decade ago named "Cowboy." He wore clean clothes and was well groomed. He was popular with the trannie girls in the neighborhood. He was involved with a residential burglary and he either ratted out someone to the cops or testified against them, I don't know which. But after the guy got out of jail he went down there and hit Cowboy with a rock and killed him. This story talks about a recent fire, but there are always fires going on down there.

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/local ... 96fe2fa714

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I really don't want to get into this conversation but I will say I'm with Ricky Bobby on this one.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought