Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by oettinger »

I woke up late and immediately made a drink.
Then I forced the dog to swallow his tick-medicine.
After that I used our new blender that arrived today to make Magaritas.
BBQ, drunk darts and posting drunk stuff in this thread right now
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I drank the whole night, before going to bed I took the dog for a walk. Our dog is freakin obese, he went from 15 to 17 pounds within a year. He should be at 14. That`s pretty fat. He moves like an old texan lady, yet he`s only three years old. Yeah I need to extend his life by walking him much more.

I only slept for four/five-ish hours and dived into my first drink immediately.

Then another one, and another and so forth

Now I`m forcing myself to eat something. I`m not really hungry but I need something in my stomach until it`s BBQ time later in the evening.
Drink!

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Backbone Robby Bobby »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:54 am
I drank the whole night, before going to bed I took the dog for a walk. Our dog is freakin obese, he went from 15 to 17 pounds within a year. He should be at 14. That`s pretty fat. He moves like an old texan lady, yet he`s only three years old. Yeah I need to extend his life by walking him much more.

Now I`m forcing myself to eat something. I`m not really hungry but I need something in my stomach until it`s BBQ time later in the evening.
Myself I had four pints and a scotch for breakfast. Had another eight beers during some bar hopping in my village. I'm considering go out again tonight.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Looking back over 56 years of life, I think today was the best day I've had yet. I went to the bar to drink with one of my favorite bartenders about five hours ago. I gave her copy of my book when it came out and I haven't seen her since. Today she talked about it, but she didn't give the standard run down of "good stuff! I really liked it!" She had actually read it and commented specifically on things I had written about, even the minute details. I was blown away by her insight and consideration. Usually after day drinking in the bars I go home and take a nap. But today I am popping open a beer from my fridge and pouring a whiskey from my liquor cabinet. For the first time in my life I made some kind of difference. Time to celebrate!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:42 pm
Looking back over 56 years of life, I think today was the best day I've had yet. I went to the bar to drink with one of my favorite bartenders about five hours ago. I gave her copy of my book when it came out and I haven't seen her since. Today she talked about it, but she didn't give the standard run down of "good stuff! I really liked it!" She had actually read it and commented specifically on things I had written about, even the minute details. I was blown away by her insight and consideration. Usually after day drinking in the bars I go home and take a nap. But today I am popping open a beer from my fridge and pouring a whiskey from my liquor cabinet. For the first time in my life I made some kind of difference. Time to celebrate!
That`s awesome, I`m really happy for and yes even proud of you.
Drink!

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Hugh wrote:
Congratulation Hugh. It takes serious balls to write and to accept to be published. It's aso great with people who do what they say. Included "small things".
Women or men of their word. "Sure. I'll read it."... Well she did and with attention.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Oh, just the usual. Some cleaning, some reading, some writing, and some posting, some fighting Nazis. How about you guys?
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Backbone Robby Bobby wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:12 am
oettinger wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:54 am

Myself I had four pints and a scotch for breakfast. Had another eight beers during some bar hopping in my village. I'm considering go out again tonight.
Brother Dear! You came back!
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Hugh wrote:
Yay Hugh!!!
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Savage wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:42 pm
Hugh wrote:
Yay Hugh!!!
And what's it about?
like tears in rain

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

-Woke up 6am after a terrible heatwave_undrunk-four days of bad sleep.
-Had a lot of coffee while applying for jobs and getting ready for cleaning my place.
-Hear the sounds of Modern Drunkard's tchat thang.
-Read the coolest exchange between Stendhal and The Greatest.
-Interact, debate country music, listen to our very own Modern Hugh Hefner singing.
-Clean around. Cook pork shops.
-Ride down to the sea. Swim for an hour. Speak with a lady about how to ease jellyfish pain.
-Buying cheap loser wine and beer on my way back.
-Speak a lil' with a store owner.
-Feeling exhausted.
-Getting drunk.
-Feel grand and glorious.
-Can't wait for Hugh's new cover.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Today was a blur of cheap beer and sitting in front of the stereo.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:47 pm
Today was a blur of cheap beer and sitting in front of the stereo.
You were listening to Blur? I always took you as more of a Nickleback kind of guy.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Just about to embark for the annual July 3 BBQ, the day before the day when we celebrate our American independence from the British Empire and the inbred tyranny of King Boy George III. I’m going in heavily armed even though the strategy is to eat other peoples’ food while making expedient use of their liquor.

*2 gallons fusilli garden pasta salad
*2 lbs. bacon
*4 lbs. bone-in "tomahawk" ribeye
* assorted cheese (Roquefort, Gruyère, 4 year Wisconsin Cheddar, Garlic Herb Chèvre)
* 2 bottles Prosecco
* 1 bottle Tattersall Straight Rye Whiskey
* 8 gallon keg New Glarus Spotted Cow
*2 packs American Spirit Black
* 12 assorted cone spliffs (Cereal Milk, Maui Runtz, Super Lemon Haze, Gorilla Kush)

Hope you all have a fantastic holiday no matter where you may find yourself. Personal liberty is often best expressed through inebriation.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

You spotted cow? Where?
Drink!