Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Nausea »

Eatin some Cheetos in the grass again.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Nausea wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:18 pm
Eatin some Fritos with a bag of Cheetos up my ass again.
You live dangerously.

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Started cooking a batch of braised beef shortribs, takes about 4 or so for them to braise. After they are done cooking will let them rest overnight in the fridge, makes it easier to de-fat the sauce and to remove bits of connective tissue not broken down by the long braise. Counting the hours, have an appointment with Evan Williams tonight.
Everything in moderation, including moderation

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

Woke up too early because it was time to come back to Athens after a four-day stay in a tiny village up in the mountains of Western Greece, where my best friend, and only drinking buddy, has a house. I was half-drunk and half-hungover and the first hour of the drive through the curvy mountain roads did a number on my stomach that still struggled to cope with the copious amounts of alcohol I consumed during the four blurry days. At least, not driving meant I could close my eyes and fight my nausea without worrying about causing any accidents - other than once heaving outside the window. We thought about staying for a few more days but we ran out of booze and couldn't afford another 300-euro bill for provisions (i.e. hooch and frozen pizzas). I came home at about four in the afternoon and took a 10-hour "nap" that helped my whirling stomach settle down to a bearable level. After a long shower, a quick cup of coffee, and some food, I poured a tall glass of ouzo on the rocks to wind down, and then another. Now, it's all about relaxing and drinking until I either can go to sleep without tossing and turning (being an insomniac sucks) or pass out.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Glad you made it out alive, to drink another day, and then some more.

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

^^ My liver wanted to tap out but I just poured more booze down to it until it learned to shut up and take it. The "problem" was that I went a bit crazy at the supermarket, because it sells everything at wholesale prices (you can only shop there if you have a membership card, and my friend used his uncle's card), so we bought booze at the same prizes bars do. So, instead of going with just my usual (Four Roses and cheap beer), I decided also to try brands of tequila, vodka, ouzo, and bourbon that are too expensive in liquor stores. It sure made for four great days I'll never really remember. And with my friend being the type of person that goes to bed at around midnight, I spent all nights alone in the yard, overlooking the mountains, drinking and scribbling poems in a notebook.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

DrunkinEurope wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:58 pm
…We thought about staying for a few more days but we ran out of booze and couldn't afford another 300-euro bill for provisions (i.e. hooch and frozen pizzas)…
No matter where you are in the world, that sounds about right. Booze and frozen pizza are much valued amongst the essentials of provisions of the Drunkard explorer.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

DrunkinEurope wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:58 pm
Woke up too early because it was time to come back to Athens after a four-day stay in a tiny village up in the mountains of Western Greece, where my best friend, and only drinking buddy, has a house. I was half-drunk and half-hungover and the first hour of the drive through the curvy mountain roads did a number on my stomach that still struggled to cope with the copious amounts of alcohol I consumed during the four blurry days. At least, not driving meant I could close my eyes and fight my nausea without worrying about causing any accidents - other than once heaving outside the window. We thought about staying for a few more days but we ran out of booze and couldn't afford another 300-euro bill for provisions (i.e. hooch and frozen pizzas). I came home at about four in the afternoon and took a 10-hour "nap" that helped my whirling stomach settle down to a bearable level. After a long shower, a quick cup of coffee, and some food, I poured a tall glass of ouzo on the rocks to wind down, and then another. Now, it's all about relaxing and drinking until I either can go to sleep without tossing and turning (being an insomniac sucks) or pass out.
It sucks that we missed you but we would have anyway because we ended up going to Athens earlier in the day so we would have not been able to bar-hop with you guys in the evening. Sounds like a fun trip to the mountains though. We are in Zákynthos now and will resume Skype this weekend with you fine drunkards with many a story to tell.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

We are in Greece right now and got to drink with benitobeast and witness him get married to his awesome lady-friend and it has been a wonderful experience. I will leave it at that since oett and beno will I´m sure tell their stories as they have much more interesting perspectives. But we are happy to be here and share these times with beno and mrs. benitobeast´s awesome friends and family. Freaking crazy Brits! They party rock star hard! Such a fun crowd to be around; you feel like you´ve known them forever! Chin chin! Yiamas!
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Wednesday I loaded a truck and trailer with basically half of my life and drove it all 3 hours north. Yes, I’m moving to the country after a solid decade of city dwelling and sucking up all that lovely, toxic urban byproduct. I’d like to say it was the George Floyd riots that finally soured me on Minneapolis, but in truth the feeling has been there for a while. It’s been said that the city is a force which imposes its own will and personality upon you. I tend to agree.

And so last night, I sat at a bar out in the country drinking whale sized pours of Johnnie Red on the rocks for $5. I witnessed a horny, old local farmer made to blush when a young woman he knew came up behind him and gave him a lingering hug. It was a better vibe and sense of social contentment than I would have found at any of the tired, old dives I tend to haunt in the city.

The only appeal the city seems to offer anymore is convenience. Now that I’m back in town until the end of the month, I’ll pour myself another drink and try to remember the sage advice of Buckaroo Banzai: "no matter where you go, there you are".
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:23 am
oett and beno will I´m sure tell their stories [/color]
I`m calling the desk-office staff of my brians and will politely ask for lost and found drunk stories from last week. You`re welcome
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Badfellow wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:00 pm

The only appeal the city seems to offer anymore is convenience.
Yeah, but that`s about it. Enjoy and embrace this new chapter
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Went out to the river trail and smoked a few Dunhills.

Then, guess what? My favorite liquor store is hiring! I picked up an application and just turned it in -- 3 pages, handwritten for chrissakes. Wish me luck.

Now, 291 Bourbon.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ three pages? Must be some job. Good luck with it. Give 'em hell!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Lived in this nice little apartment for over 13 years now. When I first moved in the landlord was a kindly white-haired old man who would show up within hours (or even minutes) if you needed him to clear a clogged drain or replace a shower head. He died and then his son took over a few years ago. The son had learned well from his father, he was a good landlord. Then today came the notice - he will no longer manage the property. A real estate management company will now do it. I assume the telephone number we have been give to call in for maintenance, or even emergencies, will be a voice mailbox that some employee who hates his job will get around to answering whenever he fucking feels like it.

Just poured the first glass of wine and repeating to myself: "This is nothing to be upset about. This is nothing to be upset about."