The Anti-Bucket List - Stuff we never want to do again

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: The Anti-Bucket List - Stuff we never want to do again

Post by Backbone Robby Bobby »

scream ale wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:26 pm
Backbone Robby Bobby wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:55 pm
leaving without proper good bye
Ha! That was my signature move in my early 20's. There one minute then gone like a fart in the wind.
I'm terribly sorry but I do not understand.
Do you mean that you start the evening with so called "friends" and then you just disapear without elementary civilities? And also being proud about it?

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:48 pm
scream ale wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:55 pm
leaving without proper good bye
Ha! That was my signature move in my early 20's. There one minute then gone like a fart in the wind.
Do you mean that you start the evening with so called "friends" and then you just disapear without elementary civilities? And also being proud about it?
I think you were there RB when we talked about this on Skype and I referred to it as the "Irish Goodbye". I think a proper goodbye should always be in order for the most part...family gatherings we used to all hug each other goodbye. Leaving a bar, of course you say farewell. But if I was drunk at a party with a lot of people and I have that moment where I suddenly realize I have to get the hell home before I pass out, I have been known to take that window of opportunity to just bail without a word. Or maybe I might tell a friend that I was heading out but I'm not going to alert the entire party about my exit. But this is A. mainly because I'm wasted and I need to leave immediately and B. if you start telling people goodbye, they start in with the "awww man, stay for another drink" or drunk people just keep talking to you where you can't escape and I'm way too drunk to deal with all that if I'm at that critical stage. My well-being is far more important than drunkard civilities, in my opinion at least.

On Skype however, I agree it is rude if you can't just say a quick goodbye before you hang up. Just a simple "I gotta go, drunkards" before you click the call away. Sometimes if there's a lot of people on the call all talking at once, it is difficult to say goodbye, but you can at least wave goodbye at everyone at least.

Our beloved and departed mistah willies always said one must give a proper goodbye and in true gentlemen's spirit, he exited always with a drink in hand and a cheers, and I'm glad that is our last memory of him instead of him randomly hanging up on us.
Okole maluna!

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Backbone Robby Bobby »

I'm sad never met Mistah Willahs. He did probably share my politic: with respect you can travel the world.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:31 am
I'm sad never met Mistah Willahs. He did probably share my politic: with respect you can travel the world.
Absolutely.

Willies would have accepted a generous passout also
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Hiking. I never want to hike again. Every time in recent history that I've agreed to do it, I regret it mid-hike every single time. Don't any of you ask me to hike 'cause I won't.
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:17 am
Hiking. I never want to hike again. Every time in recent history that I've agreed to do it, I regret it mid-hike every single time. Don't any of you ask me to hike 'cause I won't.
Dude, wanna go hiking later this week? I'll be bringing Cheez Its and purple MD/2020 so it'll be regret free.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

scream ale wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:32 am
Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:17 am
Dude, wanna go hiking later this week? I'll be bringing Cheez Its and purple MD/2020 so it'll be regret free.
Yes! Yes I do! But only for the Cheez-Its.

I think I'd regret the purple MD/2020 over the hike. If I had to make a choice, I'd begrudgingly take the hike.
Okole maluna!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Everything I thought of was related to the ancient history of me. Like, I'll never drink Boones Farm "wine" again, and I most especially will not add it to a soup my friend and I concocted one drunken night, with frozen spinach, carrots, and potatoes, and a bunch of other vegetables. It was so vile, that I think it could have qualified as a controlled substance in fourteen or fifteen states, And probably as toxic waste in three or four. Do not cook when drunk.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Everything I thought of was related to the ancient history of me. Like, I'll never drink Boones Farm "wine" again, and I most especially will not add it to a soup my friend and I concocted one drunken night, with frozen spinach, carrots, and potatoes, and a bunch of other vegetables. It was so vile, that I think it could have qualified as a controlled substance in fourteen or fifteen states, And probably as toxic waste in three or four. Do not cook when drunk.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

So good, I posted it twice
Internet is hard
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:22 am
Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:48 pm
scream ale wrote:

I think you were there RB when we talked about this on Skype and I referred to it as the "Irish Goodbye". I think a proper goodbye should always be in order for the most part...family gatherings we used to all hug each other goodbye. Leaving a bar, of course you say farewell. But if I was drunk at a party with a lot of people and I have that moment where I suddenly realize I have to get the hell home before I pass out, I have been known to take that window of opportunity to just bail without a word. Or maybe I might tell a friend that I was heading out but I'm not going to alert the entire party about my exit. But this is A. mainly because I'm wasted and I need to leave immediately and B. if you start telling people goodbye, they start in with the "awww man, stay for another drink" or drunk people just keep talking to you where you can't escape and I'm way too drunk to deal with all that if I'm at that critical stage. My well-being is far more important than drunkard civilities, in my opinion at least.

On Skype however, I agree it is rude if you can't just say a quick goodbye before you hang up. Just a simple "I gotta go, drunkards" before you click the call away. Sometimes if there's a lot of people on the call all talking at once, it is difficult to say goodbye, but you can at least wave goodbye at everyone at least.

Our beloved and departed mistah willies always said one must give a proper goodbye and in true gentlemen's spirit, he exited always with a drink in hand and a cheers, and I'm glad that is our last memory of him instead of him randomly hanging up on us.
I think we should consult Miss Manners about this.
like tears in rain

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

THIS! We used to take shots of it. Disgusting!!! What the hell was wrong with me in my 20's?!

Okole maluna!

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Savage wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:42 am
Do not cook when drunk.
Cooking when drinking is the best, drunk, maybe not
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

When I was a little girl, I rode on a parking lot carnival ride called the Tilt-a-Whirl. We stood in metal enclosures that would have held a grown man and a guy with a can of beer and a cigarette hanging off his lip clicked a chain in front of us that might have contained Fat Albert. The ride began to spin, then it began to tilt, until we were spinning in the air vertically. It cost me a whole quarter. I was a very small eight-year-old girl, and when I stepped off the ride, I had to be careful not to step in all the piles of vomit. A few years later, I went on Magic Mountain's first roller coaster. What I mostly noticed was all the trash along the route. Never happen at Uncle Walt's place. Still later I went on Knott's corkscrew, and later Elitch Gardens shaky wooden roller coaster. I believe I briefly passed out, though my uncle spent the entire trip screaming in my ear. Today, I might be persuaded to go on Space Mountain again, but perhaps not. My mother went on the coasters at POP and the Pike. I think my thrill ride days are over.
like tears in rain

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Savage wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:54 am
I think my thrill ride days are over.
Agreed 100%. And I ain't sad about it. Cheers.

I even worked at an amusement / water park for one season. Got my fill.
Okole maluna!