Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Thompson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Thompson »

Another addictive animal is Oragel. Which by the way works far better and lasts far longer if you soak a cotton ball with the gel and then stick the ball where the pain is and suck on it. Once you start on Oragel though, you will be sucking and sucking 24/7. What needs to be done is to attack the bad tooth with your tongue. Wriggle the fucker, loosen it up, get it in the tooth’s mind that it is by golly going to fall out. It is not going to hang around and be a big bother, no. There are ways to pull it, sure, but no thanks.
“Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.” — Harry Caray

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Badfellow wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:11 pm
whiskeyprick wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:42 pm
Stayed at the store again last night(cuz Sunday traffic sucks after a busy weekend). Someone returned a bottle of Dalmore 12yr after a few sips cuz they said it was skunky.

Heineken is skunky. Kush is skunky. Dalmore 12 is not.

Write it off and drink it. For your troubles. You deserve that.

-edit- Patchez is right
I did.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Dalmore 12 is not skunky, that is correct, it is if anything unskunky. My day in a nutshell is now officially over because the clock ticked past midnight and gave me one more day. Of course that doesn’t mean anything, nothing means anything, if it sounds good then that’s good and that’s what you want. When you crack open that cold Budweiser, that sounds good. When you hear the train on the tracks by the river, that sounds good, when the dog next door howls like Muddy Waters that sounds good too, or maybe like Howlin’ Wolf he sounds, but it is a good sound, it’s an after midnight sound, it’s a still alive one more day sound. The birds are noisy too. They talk and talk to each other. They eat the cat food out the cat bowls and the cats don’t care. The cats don’t make a lot of sound. When they do make sound it is usually loud and unpleasant. But they are very clean and have cool whiskers.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I’ve been sitting on the porch lately, smoking cigarettes and contemplating things. Drinking of course. The occasional car will come by, radio blasting, and he will be Going The Wrong Way on my one way street. And I will get mad and stand up and shake my fist . . . Then another car will come down the wrong way, then a couple of trucks. I figured it out finally.
Last edited by Thompson on Mon May 29, 2023 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

My bellybutton is broken 😡 Ouch. It came off and that’s the end of it, that was the cord that came off, the umbilical cord. No big deal, nobody cares, I don’t care. I would like to have a drink if you don’t mind, a stiff one with a beer back.

“I don’t drink brown whiskey,” says my bartender friend, then she fixes a jigger of Jameson for herself and bottoms up . “I don’t like beer very much,” she says, and then kills a tall Pabst in three minutes. “I don’t like guys that look like you,” she says, then she squeezes my hand.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Been drinking all morning. I`m scared of eating anything at the moment because I might shit myself. I`m getting a little hungry though. Damn I should get wasted first
Drink!

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Food is a problem with the hooch hound. It gets in the way, however, if you want to keep on keeping on you have to eat a bit of something every other day or so. If you don’t keep up your proper drinking strength, well, that’s no good.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

My landlord, who owns the double shotgun of course, and lives next door, is losing his mind. He doesn’t drink and doesn’t eat meat so that’s probably the two prime reasons he’s going bonkers. I know this first hand because I’ve been babysitting his new puppy dog, soon to be a lazy ol’ hound dog, and I feel a little bonkers now myself. Today is my Friday, then I get three whole days off from babysitting. Anyway, I forgot where I was going with this stream of hot air, but I can always come back and edit it

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

What an action packed morning. There was a true bloody massacre at Booze Manor.

At some point between 11:15 last night and 6:15 this morning, a raccoon, or perhaps a marauding band of raccoons entered our yard and murdered nine out of ten of our fish.

It was an act of pure evil. It appears the fish put up a pretty good fight but, in the end, were no match for those crafty fucking procyonid assholes with their human-like fingers and semi-opposable thumbs and beady eyes and bad attitudes. Oh, and their appetite for destruction.

With the help of my fairly worthless lapdog, I located three carcasses scattered about the yard. The funeral was modest and the victims were interned in the government-issued green waste toter.

After some period of mourning, We discovered a sole survivor. Yes, a single fish that somehow managed to escape the mass murder of this helpless school of ornamental fish.
DRINK!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Woke up an hour later than usual. After playing records for a while I made a batch of buttermilk biscuits. I then had a couple with apple butter and Evan Williams laced coffee. I love paid days off. Cheers!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Dear Booze wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 10:17 am

At some point between 11:15 last night and 6:15 this morning, a raccoon, or perhaps a marauding band of raccoons entered our yard and murdered nine out of ten of our fish.

It was an act of pure evil. It appears the fish put up a pretty good fight but, in the end, were no match for those crafty fucking procyonid assholes with their human-like fingers and semi-opposable thumbs and beady eyes and bad attitudes. Oh, and their appetite for destruction.

With the help of my fairly worthless lapdog, I located three carcasses scattered about the yard. The funeral was modest and the victims were interned in the government-issued green waste toter.

After some period of mourning, We discovered a sole survivor. Yes, a single fish that somehow managed to escape the mass murder of this helpless school of ornamental fish.
Wow poor fish. That`s why we have just one big single croc in our pond
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Dear Booze wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 10:17 am

That's terrible! I am so sorry to hear about that. I've spent many a lovely drunken day with those koi on Skype.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

scream ale wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 10:27 am
Woke up an hour later than usual. After playing records for a while I made a batch of buttermilk biscuits. I then had a couple with apple butter and Evan Williams laced coffee. I love paid days off. Cheers!
That sounds awesome, apple butter and biscuits. Was it homemade apple butter? Can one even buy apple butter from the grocery store?!

I never made it from scratch before but I need to get oett on that train because we always have a lot of apples and pretty sure he has never tried the magnificence of apples in butter form.
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 12:39 am
scream ale wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 10:27 am
That sounds awesome, apple butter and biscuits. Was it homemade apple butter? Can one even buy apple butter from the grocery store?!

I never made it from scratch before but I need to get oett on that train because we always have a lot of apples and pretty sure he has never tried the magnificence of apples in butter form.
I almost tried making a batch of apple buter last year but didn't in the end. I got some from a farm market. I feel like I've seen it in the grocery store before.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Thunderstorms today. Had a good downpour, so I grabbed a beer and a bar of soap and headed outside for a nature shower. Strangely, I’ve also been craving apple butter.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ