chris penn.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

190Flask
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by 190Flask »

I don't have a problem with someone paying tribute. I was caught in a cynical moment and made a post. Since you bring it up though, I think it's funny you refute opinions against the glamourization of Hollywood. I have no doubt you'd be upset over your plumber's passing, just as I feel a loss when any living thing meets an untimely death. I guess it's all about perspective. I can't imagine you holding a candle-lit ceremony for Bush, if he were to die tomorrow.
RIP Tim.

190Flask
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by 190Flask »

Anyway, Nic, I'm sorry. Wasn't trying to bring a shit storm on your thread. That sucks about Chris, 40 is too young.
RIP Tim.

Barca

Post by Barca »

190proof wrote:I don't have a problem with someone paying tribute. I was caught in a cynical moment and made a post. Since you bring it up though, I think it's funny you refute opinions against the glamourization of Hollywood. I have no doubt you'd be upset over your plumber's passing, just as I feel a loss when any living thing meets an untimely death. I guess it's all about perspective. I can't imagine you holding a candle-lit ceremony for Bush, if he were to die tomorrow.
I'm against the apotheoisizing of cultural figures, sure, but I'm not going to pretend their exploits don't bring my life a great deal of joy, and their passing doesn't sad me.

As for Bush, there's a difference between detesting someone's policies, beliefs and morals and wishing death upon them. I wish death upon no one.

....except OJ

....and Rumsfeld.

....and whoever greenlighted the new Pink Panther movie.

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

Can't we all just get along?

Maybe this scene from the immortal Footloose (which convinced me I wanted to be a rebel/dancer) will help.
Ren: You like Men At Work?
Willard: what men?
Ren: Men at work.
Willard: well where do they work?
Ren: No, they're a music group.
Willard: well what do they call themselves?
Ren: Oh no! What about the Police?
Willard: What about 'em?
Ren: You ever heard them?
Willard: No, but I seen them.
Ren: Where, in concert?
Willard: No, behind you.
I'll miss you, pallie.

Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by **** »

190proof wrote:Anyway, Nic, I'm sorry. Wasn't trying to bring a shit storm on your thread. That sucks about Chris, 40 is too young.
's'okay...i ain't mad atcha, nor am i overly depressed about mr. penn's passing.
i like his acting, so i did a shot in his name. my world moves on.

DrunkenBoxing
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by DrunkenBoxing »

Larry, stop pointin' that fuckin' gun at my Dad!

Love that line for some reason. Very underrated compared to his brother. I do have to agree, however, that "At Close Range" is also very underrated as a film.

As for Hollywood dead masturbation, *shrug*, there are few actors I'll give credit to upon passing. Others have different opinions. I'll still buy'em a drink if they are mourning their favorite player.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

We watched Short Cuts last night... I can't believe Robert Downey Jr. outlasted Chris. Where's the fuckin' irony in life?
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Lushlife
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by Lushlife »

Badfellow wrote:We watched Short Cuts last night... I can't believe Robert Downey Jr. outlasted Chris. Where's the fuckin' irony in life?
I dunno...maybe obesity is a higher risk factor than substance abuse? Anyway, why is it that it seems the only time Barca posts to the pub is to criticize somebody or something when obviously he must be reading the threads awfully thoroughly? Get off your high horse dude.

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

Barca wrote:and whoever greenlighted the new Pink Panther movie.
Seriously. I wanted to blame Cocaine, but I doubt coke has that kind of power.
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

TARTANSPECIAL
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

"don't you point a fuckin' gun at my daddy" i think, i'll miss the big guy.
beer, wine,voddie it don't get any better.

190Flask
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by 190Flask »

Barca wrote:
190proof wrote:I don't have a problem with someone paying tribute. I was caught in a cynical moment and made a post. Since you bring it up though, I think it's funny you refute opinions against the glamourization of Hollywood. I have no doubt you'd be upset over your plumber's passing, just as I feel a loss when any living thing meets an untimely death. I guess it's all about perspective. I can't imagine you holding a candle-lit ceremony for Bush, if he were to die tomorrow.
I'm against the apotheoisizing of cultural figures, sure, but I'm not going to pretend their exploits don't bring my life a great deal of joy, and their passing doesn't sad me.

As for Bush, there's a difference between detesting someone's policies, beliefs and morals and wishing death upon them. I wish death upon no one.

....except OJ

....and Rumsfeld.

....and whoever greenlighted the new Pink Panther movie.
Shit, Barca, you know I have nothing but love for you. You just happened to catch me in one of those "debate team" moments. I tend to stick up for any opposing side, just cause. Not a big deal and I actually felt bad saying anything to you. Cheers babe :)
RIP Tim.

Drunk Injun

Post by Drunk Injun »

nic the chick wrote:
Thomas the Tanked Injun wrote:Yea if your fat, and live in hollywierd. Its not a good idea to do tons of blow.
penn wasn't doing blow.
first toxicology reports (according to cnn) say that he was clean. just because he played coked up gangter types doesn't mean he was one.
They said River Phoenix was "straight" as well.

I'm betting this stacks of bottle caps, blow was involved. We are talking LA here.
“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.â€

Lushlife
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by Lushlife »

Thomas the Tanked Injun wrote:
nic the chick wrote:
Thomas the Tanked Injun wrote:Yea if your fat, and live in hollywierd. Its not a good idea to do tons of blow.
penn wasn't doing blow.
first toxicology reports (according to cnn) say that he was clean. just because he played coked up gangter types doesn't mean he was one.

I'm betting this stacks of bottle caps, blow was involved. We are talking LA here.
Yeah, it's pretty uncommon for even an obese man to die as young as 40 of "natural causes" and it doesn't seem like he was morbidly obese. Maybe they'll find out he had an aneurism or something though. Sharon Stone almost died of something like that.

Drunk Injun

Post by Drunk Injun »

Lushlife wrote:
Thomas the Tanked Injun wrote:
nic the chick wrote: penn wasn't doing blow.

Yeah, it's pretty uncommon for even an obese man to die as young as 40 of "natural causes" and it doesn't seem like he was morbidly obese. Maybe they'll find out he had an aneurism or something though. Sharon Stone almost died of something like that.
My Aunt died of an aneurism in her early forties. Who knows. I still say Hollywood + booze + blow = Dead famous fat guy.
“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.â€

Martini Time
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Martini Time »

Damn. Sean Penn was on my flight back to SF from LA last night. Poor guy looked wrecked. I'd be too, if it was my brother.

Chris did have some pretty memorable performances.
"Martinis are a balm against a sordid world, a shield against all that is sullied, rushed and coarse"