Bookers Tasting

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Bookers Tasting

Post by Smatter Noguts »

First, the wax top is a pain in the ass, spent 5 minutes flicking away small pieces as to not pollute the sacred juice.

Paul remarked on opening that we should not be pouring over the century old quarter sawn oak table as the finish would probably dissapear if spilled on. The nose of this fine Bourbon comes off at first very much like a furniture solvent.

Carl is a Scotch expert having graduated from lesser boozes, best remark from him was "No smoke, but a lot of fire."

Paul cut his with water, being an old fart, and refererred to the Jim Beam heritage, suggesting another bottle by point of comparison.

My friend Mark and I both agreed that after the first acclimation sip, it shows a remarkably full and powerful taste, and surprisingly sweet finish for such a high octane booze.

It takes a while to drink Bookers, you can't just swig it down. We finished half the bottle and I gae it to my brother to take over to dad's, with the condition that it not be used to make Manhattens with.