Vodka Lovers Unite!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

danger awesome
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by danger awesome »

Grain alcohol?

Ruizku
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Ruizku »

dan_uk wrote:Grain alcohol?
well that could be it. The stuff I'm drinking smells like paint-thinner and doesn't taste much better. Well fuck it, it is cheap as hell and makes decent screwdrivers.

Girlie
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Girlie »

Welcome, artwmn!

Everyone here secretly likes vodka. If they try to disagree ask them what the Brutal Hammer would be without it. That'll shut them up!

Bring some vodka and I'll bring the wine!

douger
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by douger »

Actually don't prefer vodka. Even the high priced ones don't really impress me. Agree with MOL's tag "Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush Never had a brutal hammer but plan to change that soon.

But I guess vodka works for a lot of people, and of course has almost no smell when drunk straight, good for boozing in places one ought not to.
"In the U.S., you have to be a deviant or die or boredom."

"I don't mind people disliking me. The question is, what are they in a position to do about it?"

-William S. Burroughs

Gwynn
Self-Imposed Exile
Self-Imposed Exile

Post by Gwynn »

I Love Voddy, and i'm a Bunnie!
Can't keep a good Bunnie down!

artwmn
Souse
Souse

Post by artwmn »

It's just urban legend that you can't smell vodka. You drink alcohol you reek. period.

Had an employee drinking on the job with me, trying to get it "past me". I smelt him straight away. Total fantasy that vodka doesn't smell stuff.

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

Girlie wrote:Welcome, artwmn!

that's someoens mom right? anyways, welcome.

I am garuanteed to say something innappropriate, you are warned.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

douger
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by douger »

YOU say stuff that's inappropriate? I've probably taken some kind of fucking award for that. I'm just itching to tell my most tasteless joke ever, a fag joke that could possibly get me banned from the board, as I've already been warned.

"I don't mind people disliking me. The question is, what are they in a position to do about it?"

-William S. Burroughs

Fool Ishy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Somewhere in Washington state...or is that the State of Washington? Damned if I know...

Post by Fool Ishy »

artwmn wrote:It's just urban legend that you can't smell vodka. You drink alcohol you reek. period.

Had an employee drinking on the job with me, trying to get it "past me". I smelt him straight away. Total fantasy that vodka doesn't smell stuff.
This is a nice story, but totally anecdotal...YOU could tell the tell-tale signs of vodka, but from your posts so far that would be akin to a chef noticing someone trying to sautee with margarine. Not many mere mortals might notice.

I, on the other hand, have employed empirical evidence...I show up at work regularly hungover from vodka, no one has noticed yet...

Oh, by the way, welcome aboard. And long live the vodka drinkers! I lovey my clear liquors!
"Work is the curse of the drinking classes." Oscar Wilde

douger
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by douger »

So, do you want to hear the joke?

-William S. Burroughs

Fool Ishy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Somewhere in Washington state...or is that the State of Washington? Damned if I know...

Post by Fool Ishy »

douger wrote:So, do you want to hear the joke?
Honestly, douger, no...shut the fuck up, put on a shirt, and stop being so God-damned creepy and weird.

We like drunks here, and God knows I am nothing but a less-than-tactful ass, but dammit man, stop trying so God-damn hard at being a prick.

Are you so fucking isolated you need the attention being an ass attracts? I myself am a lonly drunk in a small room, and have been known to inadverantly (and sometimes knowingly) make the fool of myself, but you seem to do so willingly as a ploy to attract attention. Why?

Give it up, please.

And keep your damned racist, sexist, and completely tactless jokes to yourself, not to mention your shitty warped links to peculiar sites. I know they exist, have visited them myself (God only knows why), and am not realy intereted in your interest in them.

Just shut the fuck up and drink.

The next round is on me. Please take it and just keep drinking.
"Work is the curse of the drinking classes." Oscar Wilde

douger
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by douger »

Fool Ishy wrote:
Honestly, douger, no...shut the fuck up, put on a shirt, and stop being so God-damned creepy and weird.

We like drunks here, and God knows I am nothing but a less-than-tactful ass, but dammit man, stop trying so God-damn hard at being a prick.

Are you so fucking isolated you need the attention being an ass attracts? I myself am a lonly drunk in a small room, and have been known to inadverantly (and sometimes knowingly) make the fool of myself, but you seem to do so willingly as a ploy to attract attention. Why?

Give it up, please.

And keep your damned racist, sexist, and completely tactless jokes to yourself, not to mention your shitty warped links to peculiar sites. I know they exist, have visited them myself (God only knows why), and am not realy intereted in your interest in them.

Just shut the fuck up and drink.

The next round is on me. Please take it and just keep drinking.
Have changed my av some time ago. Haven't you noticed? Or are you that drunk? I stopped posting links to fucked up sites, Goose warned me and I've stopped. Creepy, weird, prick, ass, fool, isolated, racist, sexist, tactless, warped, man you've called me things I've never heard anywhere else.

Your post is rather telling of you, perhaps it takes one to know one. And you and perhaps others on this board are reading things into me that just are not true. Perhaps it is just a reflection of yourself that you are seeing. But I'm OK, there are all kinds in this big old world, and thanks for the drink.

-William S. Burroughs

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

douger wrote:I'm just itching to tell my most tasteless joke ever, a fag joke that could possibly get me banned from the board, as I've already been warned.
Yes indeed. It just might.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

Mind if I push in your stool?
I'll miss you, pallie.