I know its been a while..but I need advice

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

OscarWildesCharm
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

I know its been a while..but I need advice

Post by OscarWildesCharm »

Ok..So...My best friend and I went out for drinks tonight and we got kinda boozed up, as I usually do. Vodka and Jager is a BITCH. Anyways, SO for some reason I found it to be a good time to tell him how I feel about him, I really like him blah blah blah....I laid it all on the line and to my suprise he didn't reject me, said he felt the same way, yet he felt that I am on stage too much (I am a singer) and that he doesn't know if its ME or my stage persona talking (I did a show tonight). Anyone? what do I say or how do I seperate myself from my stage persona LOL. I am a singer, but I do like a Frank Sinatra set, I sing Sinatra songs and drink scotch and smoke Camel unfiltered on stage. I become Frank LOL. But he thinks that my confession was just an extension of my stage persona which SUCKS. So any ladies out there have any words of advice or guys for that matter? I'm drowning here.
"We feel sorry for those who don't drink, Because when they wake up in the mornin', Thats as good as their gonna feel all day"

-Francis Albert Sinatra

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

so you told your best friend that you are in love with him only he doesn't quite believe you 'cause he's not sure that it's not your real self telling him this, rather your stage persona? i am as confused as you. where does real life start and where does it end? i must congratulate you on managing to blur the distinction but it will lead to lots of trouble, apparently. i would only say, save the drama for hte stage and in regular life have the simple forthrightness to love him unabashedly.

OscarWildesCharm
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

I know LOL.

I tried to say that what I do on stage is an act, but when I try to be nice and kind he thinks its part of my act LOL, I guess Sinatra has fucked me twice because I get all the applause as him and all the accolades as him but when I try to be me, Its like Dave just thinks its me being Frank Sinatra which sucks LOL
"We feel sorry for those who don't drink, Because when they wake up in the mornin', Thats as good as their gonna feel all day"

-Francis Albert Sinatra

Bigfoot
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Bigfoot »

No dude wants to screw Frank Sinatra. Make him quit coming to your shows and start doing stuff away from there, that way you can show him that you don't have a hang down when you get off stage.

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

People like you and want to be friends with you, because you're YOU, not because you're someone else. If he feels that you're losing your identity, and you generally respect his opinion in such matters, maybe it's time to take a step back and take stock of yourself. People are attracted to each other by a mixture of conformity to a common group identity, but more so to an individuals identity within the group. If your on-stage persona is leaking over, maybe it's time to go and do the things you used to do as pals to begin with.

Thee Totaller
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Thee Totaller »

That's Life.
AHLL BE BOCK

OscarWildesCharm
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

LOL

Many times I thought about cuttin' out, but my heart just won't buy it LOL.

-Francis Albert Sinatra

Jimmy&Guinney
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

You can be the most artistically perfect performer in the world, but an audience is like a broad--if you're indifferent, Endsville.
And they say her flower is faded now
Hard weather and hard booze
But maybe that's just the price you pay
For the chains you refuse

Ano
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Ano »

Guys dont give a shit about anything as deep as that. That whole speel was just an excuse, he just doesnt want to screw you.

Jack Hackett
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: I know its been a while..but I need advice

Post by Jack Hackett »

OscarWildesCharm wrote:Ok..So...My best friend and I went out for drinks tonight and we got kinda boozed up, as I usually do. Vodka and Jager is a BITCH. Anyways, SO for some reason I found it to be a good time to tell him how I feel about him, I really like him blah blah blah....I laid it all on the line and to my suprise he didn't reject me, said he felt the same way, yet he felt that I am on stage too much (I am a singer) and that he doesn't know if its ME or my stage persona talking (I did a show tonight). Anyone? what do I say or how do I seperate myself from my stage persona LOL. I am a singer, but I do like a Frank Sinatra set, I sing Sinatra songs and drink scotch and smoke Camel unfiltered on stage. I become Frank LOL. But he thinks that my confession was just an extension of my stage persona which SUCKS. So any ladies out there have any words of advice or guys for that matter? I'm drowning here.
My advice is to tell him to take it or leave it. Life's too short to play the waiting game. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure he's into you. That sounds like some kind of lame-ass excuse I would've pulled at 20-23.

My two cents.

Cudos on doing Frankie songs.
"We're on Frilly Pink - you wanna MAKE SOMETHING OF IT?!" . Bad News

Sigh Co.
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Sigh Co. »

Tell him to pull the string and to stop being such a d-nozzle. I have never, nor have I heard from any of my friends, worried about whether a lady was "her true self" or not. Sounds to me like he's fishing for excuses...
"My manners, abominable at times, can be sweet. As I grew older I became a drunk. Why? Because I like ecstasy of the mind. I'm a wretch. But I love love."
-Jack Kerouac

Jack Hackett
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Jack Hackett »

Absolutely. I'm sorry. But being A Guy, I have to say that this type of lame-ass b.s. is common. How old are you both? What I call the "b.s. excuse phase" passes sooner for girls than guys, probably because you get propositioned more often and earlier. No, you say? Ah - now you're entering what I term the "b.s. excuse phase for women"!

And people said whiskey wouldn't be good for my cold...
"We're on Frilly Pink - you wanna MAKE SOMETHING OF IT?!" . Bad News

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

O.K so wait...
are we talking aboout two guys, or what?
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

That sounds like a tricky one and no mistake. My advice to you is to start drinking heavily. I wouldn't know what to do about your situation, so that's the best I can offer. Good luck!
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Bender!
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Bender! »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:O.K so wait...
are we talking aboout two guys, or what?
Yes.

Grow up.
Alcoholic is a medical term, Drunkard is a lifestyle. ~ Junkman.