So i'm the other guy

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Sixpack595
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: So i'm the other guy

Post by Sixpack595 »

Being the other dude is about shit stupid. First, you know she's a liar. Second, you never know when dude will get wind of it and come looking to beat your ass. You might be able to take him in a fair fight, but starting out getting ax handled upside the back of your head isn't a blueprint for success. Also, as was mentioned earlier...wrap that shit. She has proven she can't be trusted.

The whole thing is a bad deal. I don't know about you, but I hate liars. People who cheat are liars and manipulative pieces of shit. Do you really lack so much self esteem that you want to be with someone like that?
"Finally, this board was never meant to be a soap opera where people should funnel their emotions and social lives into, it was never meant to be a substitute for drinking and interacting with other drunks at bars." Modern Drunkard

Weez
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Weez »

thanks for the advice and experiences all, guess i shuld have cleared up were not banging atm. I mean really she aint even cheatin on him. It just feels like were dating and i wanna make it so i can do things to progress the relationship. It has crossed my mind, like wuld she do this same thing to me, but i trust her, i dont feel like she's a risk at all. She's great. I guess i just need the balls to fess up and the support to do it and see how it goes. Ive told her i've liked her but i wanna get it all on the table. Or shuld i just drop the effort? i dono, mise well give er' a go i guess. more stories and advice appreciated.

weez
I like to drink beer and smoke Cig-a-rettes.

Judge

Post by Judge »

So you're in love with the woman of another man. Dangerous territory there. You may still get your ass beat without getting any. Trust me guys know when "the friend" wants to be more than friends. She will say, "oh he's just a friend" but the dude will know better than her.

1.Tell her straight up you want to date, she say's "no" she's got a good thing or she says she might. Make sure she knows you ain't gonna slink around and take your chances.

or

2.Forget it, start drinking heavily (consult Briantology on the amount of booze required to forget a girl-deacons DanUK and Lifer can attest to it's success) anb find another girl or four and have useless drunken sex with them. They can often be found hanging around college bars. And don't be too picky........you'd be surprised how a woman who doesn't get the chance to screw often can be quite a ride.

And move to the orient.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

This thread makes me miss the days before I was in a serious relationship when it was all about the sex and partying without any emotions invovled. Everyone who's currently in that situation please do me a favor by not taking it for granted.

I've hooked up with two girls who had boyfriends. I figure they're the one doing something wrong- not me. They're the ones who made comittments. The one I might have been wrong about was when I was dating a girl and was sleeping with her best friend for about a month, who also had some frat boy boyfriend.

When I look back on it they were great times in my life. I really miss the chase. The paradox is that my girlfriend is the best looking girl I've ever been with and I probably wouldn't be able to get girls on her level again if I were single.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Weez wrote:I guess i just need the balls to fess up and the support to do it and see how it goes. Ive told her i've liked her but i wanna get it all on the table.
Don't take this the wrong way, but how old are you? Let me quarterback this one for you:

From now on, never talk to her while you're undrunk. I never hear issues of "letting someone know how I feel" or "putting it all out on the table" come up here. It's because we've all got nature's good truth serum flowing through our veins. Find a way to go out drinking with her on a non-date with a group of friends. After you've got plenty of confidence juice in you, find the hottest girl in the bar and let your girl see you talking flirty with her. If you're doing it right then the hot girl will be flirty back to you, and then the deal is sealed in your girl's mind.
If you follow my plan and don't get the best blowjob of your life that night then I'll buy you a drink.

danger awesome
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by danger awesome »

The Judge gives excellent advice, you should follow it.

A quick question: Are you the single greatest man alive on this planet? No, of course you're not, and no on else here is either. So then, why would she cheat on her current bf to be with you, and then once with you be 100% faithful and truthful with you? Exactly. I don't know about you, but i like to at least think it isn't doomed from the start.

slushfund
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by slushfund »

On the other hand, she may prefer you. My last girlfriend, at first a friend of friends, then an employee (I only hire friends), was always hot for me, but the feeling wasn't mutual. So she had a different boyfriend. When I changed my mind, she dumped him immediately. (I only knew of her attraction to me thru other people). By the way, he then threatened to kill me, so I avoided his town for a few years.

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

[quote="Weez"]thanks for the advice and experiences all, guess i shuld have cleared up were not banging atm. I mean really she aint even cheatin on him./quote]

Just because you're not dong her ATM doesn't rule out all the other activities. If ATM is the line between cheating and not cheating, I've never cheated on any of my girlfriends.

Does a Dutch Rudder count as cheating?
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

WildDamnTurkey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by WildDamnTurkey »

Weez wrote:thanks for the advice and experiences all, guess i shuld have cleared up were not banging atm.
good thing, she could get sick that way

Weez
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Weez »

Chimneyfish wrote:
Weez wrote:I guess i just need the balls to fess up and the support to do it and see how it goes. Ive told her i've liked her but i wanna get it all on the table.
Don't take this the wrong way, but how old are you? Let me quarterback this one for you:

From now on, never talk to her while you're undrunk. I never hear issues of "letting someone know how I feel" or "putting it all out on the table" come up here. It's because we've all got nature's good truth serum flowing through our veins. Find a way to go out drinking with her on a non-date with a group of friends. After you've got plenty of confidence juice in you, find the hottest girl in the bar and let your girl see you talking flirty with her. If you're doing it right then the hot girl will be flirty back to you, and then the deal is sealed in your girl's mind.
If you follow my plan and don't get the best blowjob of your life that night then I'll buy you a drink.
no offence taken, im in first year university, and i realize im being kinda a pussy about this. i've had plenty of women around and enver realy had trouble tellin them straight up but this is the first that's involved with someone else. And i like ur suggestion on how to handle it, there's a chace we'll be getting sloppy tonight with a crew tonite anwyays, might be good timing.
Judge wrote:So you're in love with the woman of another man. Dangerous territory there. You may still get your ass beat without getting any. Trust me guys know when "the friend" wants to be more than friends. She will say, "oh he's just a friend" but the dude will know better than her.

1.Tell her straight up you want to date, she say's "no" she's got a good thing or she says she might. Make sure she knows you ain't gonna slink around and take your chances.

or

2.Forget it, start drinking heavily (consult Briantology on the amount of booze required to forget a girl-deacons DanUK and Lifer can attest to it's success) anb find another girl or four and have useless drunken sex with them. They can often be found hanging around college bars. And don't be too picky........you'd be surprised how a woman who doesn't get the chance to screw often can be quite a ride.

And move to the orient.
i'm going to combine these two sets of advice with the chimeyfish's....tell her straight up when im appropriately sauced and if it doesn't go my way hit the bottle harder, forget her georgeus eyes and grab watever's closest to me. haha

Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by ***** »

Tom wrote:Since you consider yourself the other man, and say you're "between a woman and her man," I'd just go ahead and keep getting while the getting is good and then get out. Why would you even want to get involved that heavily with a woman who would play two guys like that? Fuck that noise Jack. You deserve better than that.
Been on both sides of the equation, and Tom is right. If I could have been this wise when I was younger, a lot more of my drinking would have been in fun rather than in pain.

Get out like your ass is on fire and your head is catching.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Oh well I didn't exactly mean that you should just give up and find some drunk girl but I guess that's a solution.

The sad fact is that girls are attracted to guys who they think are higher on the social ladder than them. They want a challange and don't want to think that you would't be able to get another girl. Flirting with the hot girl at the bar would make your girl see you in a different light. If she likes you then she'll realize that she needs to put out and try harder. Especially if you're competing with some other guy and he acts like he worships her.

I just realized that this all may come off as sounding really conceited. I'm not trying to give you advice before I even know you as if I know any more than you do. I'm just saying what works for me with the girls I go for and you might want to give it a shot.

Le Boozificator
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Le Boozificator »

If you're looking for feelings, you're going to waste your time with that girl. As soon as her personnal trend will be different, she'll a) find another dude, b) dump you with a smile and a nice explanation about how great it used to be between the two of you but she has to move on etc...

I hate to have to agree with Dan UK ;) but he is 100 percent right

My advice? You are young for chrissake! Find lots of girls who desire a one night stand from now on and move away from that bitch

Sorry, diplomacy is really not my stuff.
"Aaaah, the great smurff infestation we had here back in April - The Professor lost part of his ear in that battle, but he emerged victorious, and was rewarded with a tin of Friskies "Ocean Whitefish and Tuna in sauce."
Thirsty about The Great Smurff Infestation days, one month before he blew up the KASTLE! again, trying to create a 220 proof alcohol again...

Weez
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Weez »

Well after a hell of a few months, were dunzo. we were basically dating, but this girl played me for a fool. Other night i went in for a undrunk kiss, which she turned down. I laid it on the line, and tonight told her it was deal or no deal, Turns out she's gonna work on things with her boyfriend. For fuck sakes. anyways it was fun, i feel like i wasted my time, and that i am a little bitch for not being able to seal the deal. I'm going ice fishingwith my buddies tomorrow and i'm gonna get blasted drunk, should forget all about her. wait what were we talking about? perfect.

thanks for all the advice, it was all correct, and i've learned basically i'm a retard. guarantee i make the same mistake again.

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

Weez wrote:Well after a hell of a few months, were dunzo. we were basically dating, but this girl played me for a fool. Other night i went in for a undrunk kiss, which she turned down. I laid it on the line, and tonight told her it was deal or no deal, Turns out she's gonna work on things with her boyfriend. For fuck sakes. anyways it was fun, i feel like i wasted my time, and that i am a little bitch for not being able to seal the deal. I'm going ice fishingwith my buddies tomorrow and i'm gonna get blasted drunk, should forget all about her. wait what were we talking about? perfect.

thanks for all the advice, it was all correct, and i've learned basically i'm a retard. guarantee i make the same mistake again.
lesson learned my friend. now sit back with some booze, cause despite wat merle haggard has to say, the bottle never, ever lets you down.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.