ah, ancient age.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

ah, ancient age.

Post by ruiner »

so, you know those days? the ones you have to type in italics, if not caps? i don't know, but man september is off to a tough start. nothing in particular, just a trying day. so, at the end of a long line off bullshit at work, i had two chores. fix the tail light in crystals car, and get groceries for the next two weeks. if i could accomplish those, i could make some dinner, have whats left of the beer, and go to sleep. well, i fixed the car, and went shopping. i decided to grill some steaks, and have crystal make her dynamite swiss mushrooms. they really are good, and she makes them with bourbon. which means i get to drink the leftovers, which is the fifth. seeing as what kind of day this was, those mushrooms and bourbon sounded like heaven. so after safeway (one day, and it might be soon, you will be hearing about me and safeway on the news. most likely with a news helicopter circling over the parking lot. god i hate that place.) im unloading the car to bring everything upstairs. its kinda a bitch of a walk, so i load all the bags up in both hands, and take off. then, a bag breaks. was it the bag with the pasta roni? nope. diapers? no dice. bourbon? yep. shatters all over the parking lot. wow. anyways, i picked it up, and ran to go get a pint, so at least we could make the mushrooms, and i could have at least some leftover bourbon. she barely uses a capful, so i guess this will just save me the hangover tomorrow.

the bottle that broke was a fifth of beam white, this is a pint of ancient age. well, in these tough economic times (everybody drink!) i couldn't justify another bottle of the good stuff. still, i don't drink bourbon too much these days, so this tastes like magic.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Re: ah, ancient age.

Post by Rip Rufus »

The saddest thing I ever saw was a little kid whose ice cream fell off the cone and onto the ground.

Picturing the bottle of Beam shattering on the parking lot makes me almost as sad as that little kid did.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

oh Ruiner, that is so sad. I remember bicycling to Thrifty Drug and getting my chocolate chip ice cream cylinder and having it fall off in the middle of the street. Please post Crystal's mushroom recipe.
like tears in rain

noirly
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by noirly »

Damn son Times are tuff all over....Buckup lil soldier you should be drinkin old crow anyway .
Bacchus has drowned more than Neptune ever did.

render me persona-fuck-offa ---smatter noguts

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

Savage wrote:Please post Crystal's mushroom recipe.
It's really my dad's recipe. Cube up mushrooms. You can leave the real small ones as they are. Sautee mushrooms with butter and garlic until cooked. Add Bourbon to brown them and give off a nice glaze. Put mushrooms in a small casserole dish, and top with shredded mozarella cheese. Put in the oven on High Broil until cheese is crusted and lightly brown on top. Then enjoy!
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

190Flask
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by 190Flask »

I've never been a fan of mushrooms, but I may just have to try this!
RIP Tim.

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

Crystal wrote:
It's really my dad's recipe. Cube up mushrooms. You can leave the real small ones as they are. Sautee mushrooms with butter and garlic until cooked. Add Bourbon to brown them and give off a nice glaze. Put mushrooms in a small casserole dish, and top with shredded mozarella cheese. Put in the oven on High Broil until cheese is crusted and lightly brown on top. Then enjoy!

Thank you for this. I make crab and cheese stuffed mushrooms myself, but this sounds wonderful.
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Needs bacon.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

Crystal wrote:
you had me at bourbon. the butter, garlic and mozzarella are just bonuses.
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow