What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Hugh »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:04 pm
Just popped the top on a can of PBR. I'm going to start shopping around at other places for beer now. I've been loyal to that liquor store across the street for more than a decade, but these new owners have gotten rid of the cheap domestic beers. And they remolded the fucking place to look like a high-end wine cellar. I'm surprised they still post lottery numbers in the window. So I'm not going to feel guilty about going to other places just so I don't have to drink the same beer all the time. Back before these new guys took over, I could get Hamm's one week, Miller in cans another week, Rolling Rock still another week. What led them to the decision to stop carrying all that? I remember once, a few years ago, the old owner saw me buying two six packs of Miller and he stopped me and said there are 12-packs available cheaper, so I got the 12-pack. A few weeks later I was bringing two 6-packs up there again, and he tried to remind me again about the 12-pack discount, but they were out of 12-packs. So he rang up my two 6-packs at the 12-pack price. Don't get that anymore.
Well, this was a fucking bust. CVS beer is more expensive than the liquor store, and they don't carry the cheap domestics either, They have case after case of light beers, so I guess that's what my fellow San Diegans are drinking.

This is No Country for Impoverished Drunks.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Ok, no more discounted swill for Hugh.

I`ll continue with my cheap ass vodka guzzling
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Coors in cans. It was down in the bottom of the cooler where the Pabst is, so I figured it would be cheap. (That's another thing about these owners, they took all the price tags off the cooler doors.) It was $15.72 for a 12-pack, compared to $12.49 for Pabst. Bah.

Will pour the Gran Legacy whiskey later.

I saw the Skype green light earlier, I thought you guys took Sundays off from that thing.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Tall cans. Nice cold tall cans.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

WT101. Still not completely well yet, but it's probably fine to drink some WHISKEY!
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:04 pm
Just popped the top on a can of PBR. I'm going to start shopping around at other places for beer now. I've been loyal to that liquor store across the street for more than a decade, but these new owners have gotten rid of the cheap domestic beers. And they remolded the fucking place to look like a high-end wine cellar. I'm surprised they still post lottery numbers in the window. So I'm not going to feel guilty about going to other places just so I don't have to drink the same beer all the time. Back before these new guys took over, I could get Hamm's one week, Miller in cans another week, Rolling Rock still another week. What led them to the decision to stop carrying all that? I remember once, a few years ago, the old owner saw me buying two six packs of Miller and he stopped me and said there are 12-packs available cheaper, so I got the 12-pack. A few weeks later I was bringing two 6-packs up there again, and he tried to remind me again about the 12-pack discount, but they were out of 12-packs. So he rang up my two 6-packs at the 12-pack price. Don't get that anymore.
My quest continues, and my quest continues to be a bust. I tried the 7/11 one block from my apartment and the only cheap domestics they have are PBR and Bud - AND - they are more expensive than at my liquor store. I just have to assume Miller High Life in cans, Hamms, Rolling Rock, and Natty Ice are beers non grata.

Gonna start drinking Coors for now, will probably finish off the last of it and go back to my PBR before the night is out. And don't forget the whiskey, that precious Gran Legacy whiskey.

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Benchmark 8, not bad
Everything in moderation, including moderation

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Irish whisky and American beer. Cheeers.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

scream ale wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:21 pm
Irish whisky and American beer. Cheeers.
Good combo.

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

Gin and tonics on a hot Friday afternoon, can't get much better than that. Cheers, folks!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Vell Wodka, what else
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

IPA at the moment. Fuckin Friiiiiday! Cheers.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Moved on to cheap beer.

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Benchmark 8 with PBR

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Switched to Benchmark and Perrier, probably will throw some Rittenhouse Rye or Wild Turkey 101 in the mix at some point for variety