Beers to try

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

gremlin
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by gremlin »

gosh darn, 40 ounces of 8.1% beer for $1.04!!!!! i love new hampshire! for $4.16 i can feel good at night. cheaper than a big mac value meal at mcdonalds, and just as many feel good calories.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Holy shit, a 40 for a buck? Sometimes I think that if it weren't for California's high alcohol prices then I'd be dead or in prison right now.

rune
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Stone-Vertical Epic Ale

Post by rune »

I can never seem to keep any of these to age; the 2007 vintage is very nice though.

The Pooba
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by The Pooba »

The 07 is probably going to be the first one since the original 02 that I don't get to snag a few of (cause I'm currently unemployed and poor - insert sad face here). I like aging Stone beers, that's what's half of my beer fridge is, Vertical Epic, IRS, Old Guardian, and Double Bastard. Usually I buy enough Epic so I can have one or two immediately and then one every year that the new ones come out. Glad to hear its good though, I haven't always been a fan of the fresh Epics. Looking forward to this year's 11th Anniversary brew though, the anniversaries always gets me excited.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I hadn't even started to look for it as I figured it would be release on the 7th. Or they would put it one of their emails. I'll have to hunt some down.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

The Pooba
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by The Pooba »

They mentioned it in the July newsletter, which I got on Monday (7/3). Fortunately I visit the Stone site regularly, so I saw when it came out on 6/18.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

I found some and split a bottle with my friend, Jimmy Pancakes. It was pretty good but incredibly rich. It almost made me thirsty.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Your Booze Review: Left Hand Brewing Compnay, JuJu Ginger

Post by Bluto »

Producer: Left Hand Brewing Co, Longmont, CO
Product: JuJu Ginger
ABV: 4.0%

The Missus picked this up on a whim a while back. It cost $5.70 for four twelve ounce bottles.
It is not good! I repeat: NOT GOOD!
I was hoping to enjoy a light refreshing ginger flavored beer. I really had the expectaiton of using it to make deliscious Dark and Stormies. The first sip destroyed any such dreams. The beer is very bitter and tastes nothing like ginger. It has a strong "skunked" beer quality, and combined with its herbal quality this nastiness is only heightened.
I have found that if I quickly chug about two ounces out of the bottle I can combine the remainder with 2-3ounces of amber rum, a hefty dose of fresh lime, and roughly two tablespoons of simple syrup all poured over ice, that it is at least drinkable, though not enjoyable.
My advice: Stay clear of this one. If you want to make Dark and Stormies stick to the Cock-N-Bull.

cheers[/i]
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Bought a case for the store some time ago, ended up drinking most of it. Spot on review. Ginger is great in stir-fry, Maple syrup is good on pancakes: both destroy a beer. I'm taking the op to dis Tommyknocker maple too. Add fruit to yer Mojitos, don't skimp on the malt and hops.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

whiskeyprick wrote:Bought a case for the store some time ago, ended up drinking most of it. Spot on review. Ginger is great in stir-fry, Maple syrup is good on pancakes: both destroy a beer. I'm taking the op to dis Tommyknocker maple too. Add fruit to yer Mojitos, don't skimp on the malt and hops.
Ginger?

oh my..
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

My sister's father in law had an affair with the actress who played Ginger in the 60s. No joke.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

I was always a pretty big fan of the Left Hand brews. Even made a trip out to their brewery in Longmont once. While never a huge fan of the Juju Ginger the skunkiness was most likely caused by mishandling of the beer- probably repeated warmings and coolings. But the earthy (tastes like dirt) and the dullness of the ginger (I expected a little more bite). I think I'd give it a 4 out of 10.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

whiskeyprick wrote: Maple syrup is good on pancakes
AND BACON!

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Frankennietzsche Zamboni wrote:
whiskeyprick wrote: Maple syrup is good on pancakes
AND BACON!
chambord is also good on pancakes
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

Thanks for the heads-up, Bluto. I'm a fan of Lefthand as well, but if that stuff shows up here, I think I'll give it a pass.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald