chris penn.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

MrGrieves2
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by MrGrieves2 »

Wow, that's a shocker. I think he was a bit one-dimensional in a lot of his roles, but he really shined in others. In any case, it's too bad to see someone talented, shit anyone at all, die at such a young age.

Lushlife
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by Lushlife »

I imagine they'll find it to have been a heart attack or stroke. He weighed 270 lbs.

xxx

Post by xxx »

All due respect to a loved ones death but I am glad I am not into HolleyWood worship of those I don't really know. I will certainly feel more when my weimer dies than a stranger that made a Movie I never met.

Lushlife
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by Lushlife »

Schmehrnoff wrote:All due respect to a loved ones death but I am glad I am not into HolleyWood worship of those I don't really know. I will certainly feel more when my weimer dies than a stranger that made a Movie I never met.
Yeah, I agree Schmernie. When it's untimely, I'll think it unfortunate just cuz of it's untimeliness, but I've never been able to get experiencing actual grief over the death of someone that one has not known personally, regardless of WHO it is.

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

Sad to say, but I think Chris Farley brought more to the 'big' screen.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

Lushlife
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by Lushlife »

Grey Goose wrote:Sad to say, but I think Chris Farley brought more to the 'big' screen.
I miss John Candy.

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

Lushlife wrote:
Grey Goose wrote:Sad to say, but I think Chris Farley brought more to the 'big' screen.
I miss John Candy.
And John Belushi.
I'll miss you, pallie.

Lushlife
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by Lushlife »

BeerMakesMeSmart wrote:
Lushlife wrote:
I miss John Candy.
And John Belushi.
And Phil Hartman. Now that WAS very sad.

Tom
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Location: A steady stumble usually points me in the right direction.

Post by Tom »

Lushlife wrote:
BeerMakesMeSmart wrote:
Lushlife wrote: I miss John Candy.
And John Belushi.
Phil Hartman doesn't really come into question, talking about the "big" screen, though it was tragic. Talkin' fat actors here.
Baby, your body is so beautiful I wish I was an artist so I could paint it. As it is, I'll have to settle for taking a picture with my digital camera and selling copies to middle school kids for 5 bucks a piece.

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Lushlife wrote:
BeerMakesMeSmart wrote:
Lushlife wrote: I miss John Candy.
And John Belushi.
I remember I was taking summer classes when that happenend and me and my roommate didn't get t.v. for the month we were there. She came home from class one day and told me and it was like two days after it happened. I couldn't beleive that I hadn't heard abotu it. Then we both went to the bar and started doing his Troy McClure lines from the Simpsons.
I'll miss you, pallie.

Drunk Injun
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Drunk Injun »

Yea if your fat, and live in hollywierd. Its not a good idea to do tons of blow.
“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.â€

Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by **** »

Thomas the Tanked Injun wrote:Yea if your fat, and live in hollywierd. Its not a good idea to do tons of blow.
penn wasn't doing blow.
first toxicology reports (according to cnn) say that he was clean. just because he played coked up gangter types doesn't mean he was one.

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

nic the chick wrote:
Thomas the Tanked Injun wrote:Yea if your fat, and live in hollywierd. Its not a good idea to do tons of blow.
penn wasn't doing blow.
first toxicology reports (according to cnn) say that he was clean. just because he played coked up gangter types doesn't mean he was one.
Is that from CNN? CNN.com is saying:
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- The cause of actor Chris Penn's death remained undetermined after an autopsy, and the coroner's office has ordered blood toxicology tests.

The toxicology test is "just normal procedure for someone who's 40 and has not seen their doctor," coroner's spokeswoman Brenda Shafer said Wednesday."
So I don't know that it's been ruled out. I think toxicology tests take at least a few days anyway.
I'll miss you, pallie.

190Flask
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by 190Flask »

At least we have Hollywood. Otherwise many of us would not feel the exhiliration of success, the pain of defeat, or the agony of loss.
RIP Tim.

Barca

Post by Barca »

Why can't y'all just let people pay tribute to someone whose work they respected? I'd feel bad if my plumber died, early in life or late, and, frankly, he's brought me much less joy than Chris Penn did in one day on the set of Reservoir Dogs, True Romance, Footloose, or Short Cuts.

Some of you refuse to be empathetic at all, but you don't have to bring it up every time the rest of choose to relate to the suffering or loss of another. It's a shame that anyone ever has to experience loss or tragedy, and it's a double shame if we have to lose out on more entertainment because of it.

The fact the some of you don't give a damn about the lives, or loss thereof, of anyone you don't personally know is pretty much irrelevant to the capability of the rest of us to feel empathy or loss. Feel free to feel superior to all the rest of us who care but try and bring it up at less disrespectful occasions.