Drinking has lost it's mojo

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Drinking has lost it's mojo

Post by Resident Asshole »

Well, it's not the alcohol that has lost its mojo, it's you. You should feel your mojo even when you are not drinking. IMO, this has nothing to do with drinking at all. It has all to do with what's in between your ears. Figure it out.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

The scent of stale Miller beer in a bar when you walk in.
The sting on the lips that comes with that first kiss of high-proof Bourbon.
The stunning perspective on the human condition that arrives after the third round.
The soaring laughter that comes after a easy aquaintance has delivered a joke.
The sexuality of a once demure partner opened by the bottle.
The soundness of a blackout sleep.
The smashing rebuke of a heavy hangover.

I could go on and on in this vein; over 40 years of drinking hasn't resulted in boredom for me, limited though my imagination is.
Magic is in the moment and every moment is different, even if you're getting smashed on the same swill in the same place every night.

zfish
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by zfish »

My Dad used to be a big Manhattan drinker. He used to come home from work when I was a kid and drink 3 or 4 before dinner and then beer after dinner. But the Manhattan made him "an animal" (his words, not mine), and not in a good way, so he quit drinking them. I can verify that as he could be a real asshole after a few Manhattans. He was always getting into bar fights etc. He still drinks but now it's a beer now and then or wine or a screw driver or two before dinner.

Your body changes when you get older. Nothing wrong with that and nothing you can do about it. I certainly don't drink the way I did in my 20's but, for me, coming home to a drink after an aggravating day at work is my reward for not caving in and being a slacker. When I have time off, even better.

Some Buddies came over to my house the other day unannounced before I could get my first pre-dinner drink in and they wondered why I was being a prick (One was on vacation and one doesn't work cuz he's on SSD). I told them because I just got home from WORK and hadn't settled in yet. An hour later I was joking with the guys and we were deciding which pizza place to call for a pizza.

Works for me.
She's got the Jack.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

ok, here's my real advice: Try to get in a good mood, and drop acid or eat mushrooms. You'll get a Reset.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

No. Get drunk. Commie.

treetop

Post by treetop »

Smatter Noguts wrote:The scent of stale Miller beer in a bar when you walk in.
The sting on the lips that comes with that first kiss of high-proof Bourbon.
The stunning perspective on the human condition that arrives after the third round.
The soaring laughter that comes after a easy aquaintance has delivered a joke.
The sexuality of a once demure partner opened by the bottle.
The soundness of a blackout sleep.
The smashing rebuke of a heavy hangover.

I could go on and on in this vein; over 40 years of drinking hasn't resulted in boredom for me, limited though my imagination is.
Magic is in the moment and every moment is different, even if you're getting smashed on the same swill in the same place every night.
this, i like very well.
oh yeah.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

DeeboCools wrote:ok, here's my real advice: Try to get in a good mood, and drop acid or eat mushrooms. You'll get a Reset.
Dude... {;^)>
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Jozer
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Jozer »

undrunk up for a week. It'll be the worst two days of your life!

Edit. this f***ing site actually edits 'undrunk' to 'undrunk'. Jesus f***ing c***t! You're all MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bur

Post by Bur »

I actually sometimes feel like not drinking. In those odd times I actually.. Don't DRINK!

Here I said it! Also fuck you all good folks, just in case.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

This one day me and a buddy split a case of Little Kings while passing a bottle of J. Roget "champagne" back and forth. After that we scored a big plastic bottle of Kamchatka and drank most of it. Next thing I know we are at a friends house and they were doing vodka slammers. I drank some of those I don't know how many and I was sitting there when I noticed that I was swallowing alot and I knew it was about to be a comeuppance, so I headed to the bathroom. I made it to the bathroom but for some reason I wanted to lock the door and I ended up puking down my shirt and all over the back of the door and on the floor. I tried to clean it up with a roll of toilet paper, the whole roll, but soon realized I had to shit so I sat down on the toilet. I shit but when I started to pee i saw that it was going on the wall and on my pants because I had my dick laying on the toilet seat instead of inside the commode. I tried to correct that but it was already too late and when i went to wipe my ass i realized i had ruined the entire roll of TP trying to wipe up vomit.
Next thing I know I woke up with my buddy coming in through the window because people needed to go to the bathroom and i had passed out in there with the door locked and my pants down with a shitty ass, pants wet with piss and puke on my shirt.

Anyway, what were you guys talking about...?
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Jozer wrote:undrunk up for a week. It'll be the worst two days of your life!

Edit. this f***ing site actually edits 'undrunk' to 'undrunk'. Jesus f***ing c***t! You're all MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Try typing the name M*anning (minus the *), as in Peyton, Eli or Archie M*anning.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

peetie44 wrote:
Jozer wrote:undrunk up for a week. It'll be the worst two days of your life!

Try typing the name M*anning (minus the *), as in Peyton, Eli or Archie M*anning.
How long have you people been coming to this bar? I'll pis shit and puke in your bathroom you fuckers

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

ThirstyDrunk wrote: How long have you people been coming to this bar? I'll pis shit and puke in your bathroom you fuckers
Bring a 30-pak of PBR and you can shit, piss and puke all you like.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Ypu shopuld be more careful of the people you aloow in your shitter

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Jozer wrote:'undrunk' to 'undrunk'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bwahahahhaaha! ha.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk