The 1%

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: The 1%

Post by Mr. Viking »

1% milk
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

1% moonshine

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

oettinger wrote:Hey Thirsty we are over 10% through. What about a short review and tell us what it might be lacking.
That's an excellent idea, oettinger, let's give 'er a whirl.
The drink so far:

At first I was worried that Palinka's "super bitters" concoction, along with the tincture of cannabis and the anti-freeze, would give the drink a medicine-y taste, but it has been nicely offset by the Goji berries, mid shelf gin, and vodak soaked gummi bears. The moonshine and corn squeezins bumps the drink up a bit proof-wise, and the cynarin in the artichoke leaves still keeps the drink slightly sweet. Just the right bit of fizz from the draught english beer, and I took the Antactic iceberg ice from the core of a drilled scientific sample so we could see how the drink is affected by 2.4 million year old ice. Of course bacon makes EVERYTHING better, and the live algae will help us should we desire to market the drink on Ferenginar. The squirrel tail gives the drink an almost "wine spodeeodee" feel, and no man would turn down a drink just because it had a bit of wild animal hair in it. I considered ignoring Mr. Vikings milk suggestion due to my lactose intolerance, but I went ahead and used breast milk from a willing 21 year old crack head who had just given birth to her fifth child. The combination so far also seems to have a bit of a hallucinogenic quality.
The drink could handle more sweetness, and it really needs more BURN, but I believe we are on the way to "be-all end-all" hit drink of the future.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

1% prison pruno, made with orange juice and tomato ketchup.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

After trying a few more sips, I think my next ingredient will be
1% Ranitidine acid reducer.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:After trying a few more sips, I think my next ingredient will be
1% Ranitidine acid reducer.
Yes, that sounds like a REALLY good idea given what we've got so far. And that all-weather antifreeze is making it a bit sweet. My pruno didn't help, so:

1% dry red wine

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

OK. I will also donare some lansoprazole (a far superior stomach medication) and a wee bit of Oral Morphine Solution (10mg morphine in 5mls of fluid (mainly alcohol)) A.K.A. Oramorph

It's basically "Laudenum", less the cocaine.

Interested, Mr Thirsty, sir?
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Palinka wrote: It's basically "Laudenum", less the cocaine.

Interested, Mr Thirsty, sir?
Definitely! A worthy 1% added, thankyouverymuch.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Children, please do not mix oral morphine with alcohol in real life. Your brain may forget to tell your lungs to breathe. This ingredient in the 1% is for entertainment purposes only.

Dr. Booznik out.

Well, we've got one spicy meatball of a cocktail going now.

1% snooty French Champagne

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

for sweetness and BURN some non-snooty french Pastis. Preferably the cheap stuff in the big, brown, generically branded bottles. Also will add cloudiness
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:21 year old crack head who had just given birth to her fifth child
that had me pissing myself. Lysterine 1%, the pink one!
Drink!

Username
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Username »

For the burn? 1% lighter fluid. It is a far superior drink to meths. The wankers don't drink it because they can't afford it.
whistling (whistling) whistling (whistling) dark (dark) dark (dark)

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

1% Rabarbaro Zucca.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Username wrote:For the burn? 1% lighter fluid. It is a far superior drink to meths. The wankers don't drink it because they can't afford it.
^
I laughed!

Alright, what balances out the smooth burn of lighter fluid? 1% Amaretto.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Helluvan idea there, Thirsty dude. Way I figure it, needs a salted rim, like a magarita, but if everyone here is obliged to take a swallow off your quaff, then it'll have to be a really big glass.

1% salt from the sweaty thighs of virgins hand rolling them cigars on the isle of Barbados.

I didn't say how young them virgins were...

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze