All Things Bukowski Thread

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: Always Enjoyed Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

I'm really not trying to brag, but all my life I've found myself sleeping with girls who are out of my league. They're too pretty for me. My recent ex-girlfriend of three years is one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen. I don't mean that in some kind of beautiful soul/personality type of way. I mean she's a hot fucking blonde. Again, I'm not tying to sound egotistical- I'm just setting up a story here. So, for the first time ever I am sleeping with somebody who is lower on the ladder. I don't mean ugly. I just mean lower on the ladder. I've quickly realized what I have been missing this whole time. This girl treats me like a king, and the obsession is pretty flattering. For example; after giving me oral pleasure for half an hour, I finished in her mouth and she mumbled "You taste so good!" before even swallowing.

Oh, and she is married.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Captain Fruch wrote:The last of my reservations, emotions and morals are truly out the window.
now...now, you are ready.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

drunkensooner
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by drunkensooner »

Remember what Tolstoy said.
Getting drunk was good. I decided that I would always like getting drunk. It took away the obvious and maybe if you could get away from the obvious often enough, you wouldn't become obvious yourself - Bukowski

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

i arrived long ago where you find yourself now, though not by the same circumstances.

Captian, it's a truly liberating event when you stop mindfucking yourself, isn't it?

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

I'd be in jail if my woman screwed another guy with me 5' away.

Luckily, my woman is awesome. She's also 23.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

gnarkill
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by gnarkill »

I've seen some know-nothing asses try to knock bukowski's lifestyle, but the fact is, the man indulged his vices as thoroughly as possible to the day of his death. he ended up living to 73.

here's to the low road, where the company is far more satisfying.

cheers
IN VINO VERITAS

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Resident Asshole wrote:I'd be in jail if my woman screwed another guy with me 5' away.

Luckily, my woman is awesome. She's also 23.
so, you know, there's time yet....
Stupid should hurt.

--ThirstyDrunk

Resident Asshole

Post by Resident Asshole »

Time for her to cheat on me or time for me to pull some serious drunken shenanigans that make her want to dump me? Either way...
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Remember, bitters are supposed to be dispensed by the little dash, not the heavy pour.
like tears in rain

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Savage wrote:Remember, bitters are supposed to be dispensed by the little dash, not the heavy pour.
damn. you win.
Stupid should hurt.

--ThirstyDrunk

David
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by David »

Last edited by David on Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

drunkensooner
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by drunkensooner »

Well done sir. Well done.
Getting drunk was good. I decided that I would always like getting drunk. It took away the obvious and maybe if you could get away from the obvious often enough, you wouldn't become obvious yourself - Bukowski

hoverdog
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by hoverdog »

gnarkill wrote:I've seen some know-nothing asses try to knock bukowski's lifestyle, but the fact is, the man indulged his vices as thoroughly as possible to the day of his death. he ended up living to 73.

cheers
He was also oft suicidal and a violent drunk. Swallow the pill whole.
The last thing that anyone should ever do is feel ashamed of blacking out. You were trying to get drunk last night and, goddamnit, mission accomplished.

David
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by David »

hoverdog wrote:
gnarkill wrote:I've seen some know-nothing asses try to knock bukowski's lifestyle, but the fact is, the man indulged his vices as thoroughly as possible to the day of his death. he ended up living to 73.

cheers
He was also oft suicidal and a violent drunk. Swallow the pill whole.
I believe there are some Bukowski stories about him going out to get a rope to hang himself, only to return without the rope after reading a newspaper article about someone important (whoever that may be) dying in some moronic way (coconut on the head or whatever. something heavy). He cheers up and drinks and writes on.

hoverdog
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by hoverdog »

Out of the novels Ham on Rye and Factotum touch on that side of him, and he also talks about it in the interviews Barbet Schroeder filmed (and I'm sure in lots of things I haven't read). The younger people are the more violent and suicidal they tend to be. Not that Bukowski ever grew to be just a writer who drank a lot and wrote about drinking like many seem to think, the edges are always there.
The last thing that anyone should ever do is feel ashamed of blacking out. You were trying to get drunk last night and, goddamnit, mission accomplished.