Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by benitobeast69 »

been a great day so far.. i'm off tomorow to visit my dad in the hospital so figured may as well bunk off early and get loaded. I should be finishing work in an hour and instead I'm 7 beers and a few beams deep with tunes blasting.. thought i was out of smokes and just found a nealry full packet of tobacco...life is great.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Struggle bussing through a last night of work so I can make it up state for a camping trip to some famous trout streams namely Penns, Big Spring and Bald Eagle. Fly fishing meet up with some folks from a Pa fly fishing forum. Got some Mykiss from Blackrocks Brewery coming in the post today to take up and share and will likely haul up the Calumet Farms bourbon for sharing as well.

Sorry to here your [pops is in the hospital Benito. Bacchus bless.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Thompson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Thompson »

You can’t buy cocaine anymore. It’s all that Walter White stuff, the Blue. Okay, got some of that, but can’t find the girl with faraway eyes, which figures.
“Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.” — Harry Caray

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Although I do have some oomph now, so I’ll keep looking.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I`m on this mini bender but today I had to work some on the woodwork on our balcony in burning as shit sun.
I drank what seemed like a half gallon of water and still my mouth felt as dry as an ashtray.
If there is any material I hate working on the most it`s wood (yeah yeah esp in the mornings)
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Charging up my car battery. I took it out of the car, brought it in, and hooked it to the charger. Then I realized it was in close proximity to pilot lights, so I set it outside the back door. I've been debating whether or not I should get drunk tonight. Will I do something stupid while drunk and cause my battery to explode?

I think I can pull it off. Pouring the first glass of wine now.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Hugh wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 5:50 pm
Will I do something stupid while drunk and cause my battery to explode?
Only if you want to. I would have left the charger outside and ran 120v open charge through it so any crackhead who picks it up goes ⚡️ ZZZZZZZZZAP!
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Badfellow wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 7:05 pm
any crackhead who picks it up goes ⚡️ ZZZZZZZZZAP!
Yummy burned moth-cakes at the blue light inn
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Badfellow wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 7:05 pm
Hugh wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 5:50 pm
Will I do something stupid while drunk and cause my battery to explode?
Only if you want to. I would have left the charger outside and ran 120v open charge through it so any crackhead who picks it up goes ⚡️ ZZZZZZZZZAP!
Maybe instead of doing something stupid he'll do something so brilliant the battery won't be able to take it.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Thompson wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 5:37 am
Man, I had the weirdest fucking dream. All the posters were live and in person, talking live through this sky thing. It was wild. I could hear voices and see faces, I could even see mine, with brown teeth and all. It was disgusting. I’m going to brush my teeth today with Crest whitening paste.
You're not supposed to eat the entire jar of happy gummies at once!
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Savage wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 4:48 am
The worst thing is, Grumpy's oral cancer is so much worse than my cervical. He is so worn ourt and he cannot swallow. He has to take nutrition through a feeding tube. It hurts so much to see him so ill.
I've been eating in the library, one account of I don't want to flaunt food in front of a man who takes smelly cartons of muck through a feeding tube.
like tears in rain

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Went over to the golf course by the homestead yesterday to pick up a cold 12 pack of Coors. It’s a lifesaver to have that option when you live in the middle of nowhere. Of course, I walk into the clubhouse and there at the bar sit none other than Farmer Wayne and Screwy Dewey.

"What the fuck are you doing?" said Screwy Dewey.

"I could ask you much the same."

Turned out what they were doing was getting squinty-eyed from shots of Cuervo 1800. I allowed myself to get roped in so far as Screwy Dewey was buying. He’s a professional painter and has nothing much else to spend his money on besides liquor and more paint. Painters are a peculiar type. All those fumes inhaled on the job, I guess. Turns out he also likes to inhale massive bong hits through which I shall return the favor of his tequila treating. He’s actually a really cool guy despite all the shit I give him.

Six shots later, I claimed that I had to urinate and slipped out the door like an Irishman in the night with my 12 pack of barley delight.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Savage wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 3:55 am
Savage wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 4:48 am
The worst thing is, Grumpy's oral cancer is so much worse than my cervical. He is so worn ourt and he cannot swallow. He has to take nutrition through a feeding tube. It hurts so much to see him so ill.
I've been eating in the library, one account of I don't want to flaunt food in front of a man who takes smelly cartons of muck through a feeding tube.
Does the librarian give you cross looks for chewing too loudly? I usually get kicked out for getting crumbs all over the Dewey Decimal System..

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

overtime all morning...yard work all afternoon...reserved drinking till i was done (cause otherwise i'd never get done)

first beer of the day was about an hour ago straight out the freezer...just a regular old can of carsberg export but so cold it was a miggies dick off freezing....pure heaven. don't think it touched the sides.

Had a few more since and gonna introduce some gin and rum soon
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Savage wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 3:54 am
Thompson wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 5:37 am
Man, I had the weirdest fucking dream. All the posters were live and in person, talking live through this sky thing. It was wild. I could hear voices and see faces, I could even see mine, with brown teeth and all. It was disgusting. I’m going to brush my teeth today with Crest whitening paste.
You're not supposed to eat the entire jar of happy gummies at once!
“A weed is a plant out of place.” — from a Jim Thompson novel The Killer Inside Me. My take on the weed is that the top part of the plant is better than the bottom part, but the bottom part is Way better than no part at all.